We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

filerz63

mmgRay
10-12-2009, 10:25
You can continue ranting here: http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3205

mmgRay
04-12-2009, 22:22
Now it appears my server has been kind of slow when it comes to pings/upload speed. Ping went as far as 8931 and upload is down to 50-60 kb/s

mmgRay
02-12-2009, 21:28
Quote Originally Posted by eekcage
I too am on a iscsi 86 so we are neighbours again
Har har

eekcage
01-12-2009, 20:27
yep, i think it was the ping down interventions i kept making I may still continue to use the RPS III but definately stop using the C-05G in swap for my new Q1-T. I was planning this swap anyhow.

Hope this doesn't happen again in such a huge way. I too am on a iscsi 86 so we are neighbours again

Much luck in your servers & I may visit more regularly to give others help and not just to rant

eeki

mmgRay
01-12-2009, 20:11
eekcage is your server back on now then?

eekcage
01-12-2009, 13:34
Hi,

Yup i have one 19.99 kimsufi, and a QT-1 or 2 (the Q6600) much better machines execpt the 19.99 kimsufi has a super bad CPU that cant do more that 5-10 things at once. Also localhost port calls are strangly slow.

Local backups are a joke for me, monthly allowances and bandwidth are for one. I have a server at Strato.de also thats got 450+ days uptime and mirrored disks.

We'll they fixed it at midnight. I think only because i went nuts with the reboot button and netboot settings. Wish i had done this along time ago.

Now this thread can become another 'is it worth the upgrade?' How about i just netboot from another server i have? hmm thats not a bad idea come to think. i'll get much faster disk access.

Anyway thanks for your supports, never nice to be alone in the downtime world.

eek

Andy
30-11-2009, 23:13
My advice to anyone requiring a more stable server than an RPS is to order a Kimsufi for 19.99 + VAT. You get your own local disk and a hell of a lot more space too. Too bad they just put setup fee's onto that server too Guess it's time to save up.

For those who don't mind, I suggest you do off-site backups to your home computer or something. That's what I do for my databases every 3 hours, and every 24 hours for all other data.

Just my 2p...

mmgRay
30-11-2009, 22:14
r21832 r24036 r22445 r24021 r21836 r26721 r27085 r25644 r21558 r27548 r21918 r29182 r21753 r26111 r26125 r21784

Mines the first bold one, so my guess is that it will be ported soon enough, possible tomorrow moring. Otherwise just call them and tell them you want it fixed now. Trust me they will fix it if you call.

eekcage
30-11-2009, 21:54
god, thats retarded.

Do it now PLEASE. I NOW START TO RANT AND LOOSE IT AFTER MANY TIMES OF CALM

mmgRay
30-11-2009, 21:50
I had the same problem you did. I decided to call because of the crappy support that i got via the manager on OVH. When I called them they said If I had a minute so I was put on hold for 6 or 7 minutes and heard lots of people talking about fixing it. I come back home later and see the summary has changed to iscsi86. So I suggest you do that and you should be back on track within 2-3 hours (hopefully)! Make sure you get your nichandle such as OF1234-OVH because they will ask for that. Hope you get it working soon!

eekcage
30-11-2009, 19:07
R21784
iSCSI Server: iscsi63.rps.ovh.net

wish I phoned up today, i just did a managerv3 reboot.. responds to pings all the time was offline. did your iScsi change in the summary page?

cheers for the moral support, nearly lost it all and forced credit-card hold. was 4 days remaining

Ribbit:Ribbit

mmgRay
30-11-2009, 18:48
I called their support line at 11.30 and by 13.13 it was back up and running. What server is yours, in the list?

eekcage
30-11-2009, 18:26
lucky **** thx for backup day info. I asked in support (not in reply) i asked here not in reply. whats to hide?

I can't stretch patience any longer or it'll break is this being worked on 24 hours today? or is it bunking off home time? some progressive info would be a treat. what if i was paying for the 10mb/sec SAN access? higher priority? i have soo many questions because i never see an answer or logic

Rant to you later, eek

mmgRay
30-11-2009, 16:54
My server has been back up since 13:13 PM today and i was on the bottom part of the list. The backup seems to be a day old, or two.

eekcage
30-11-2009, 16:33
the horse must be riding you guys instead. Yes im in the last 1/3. tiss pake

eekcage
29-11-2009, 15:46
cheers Neil,

can you advise me on the snapshot date of the backup to be restored? i have a week old one on my kimsu ftp but as you can tell by my finger twitching i cant login.

eek

edit: are there really 96 clients per SAN/controller? i hope you're not using RAGE RAID (manufacturer company) best of luck and Godspeed equestrian

mmgRay
29-11-2009, 15:43
About time someone gave us an update.. Neil, any ETA on when I can get my community back up and running? Perhaps its best to move servers that run major websites/webservices up the priority list..

What about possible compensation for this incident as i said in my previous posts? Site not online = 0 $ adrevenue = no money to pay for RPS.

Neil
29-11-2009, 15:38
Hi

Sorry, they are working on it, if you server is on the list here http://travaux.ovh.net/?do=details&id=3613 then you will be moved to a new filer from a restored backup, unfortunately this does take time

mmgRay
29-11-2009, 15:37
So when you reinstalled the OS you were able to login just fine?

eekcage
29-11-2009, 15:25
I don't think i ever got a rescuemode email last time i tried(16 hours waited). ended up re-installing and calling it a day. luckily was when I first took delivery of server.

Wonder if.. iSCSI Server: iscsi63.rps.ovh.net will change in the summary page soon. they say their rebuilding it onto another infrastructure. How hard is it to rebuild a 30TB(guessing) array?

I suspect you can only claim 10% of the downtime back and 50% of cost maximum. something similar to kimsufi-fi-fee-feeling sick... I Ctrl-C(or D)'s an ncftp transfer that was going 0.001kb/sec on my ftpbackup box and now it won't timeout (ive netstatted grepped the ip and nothing) still 1 runaway connection.

I just need my backups not the hiccups, i'm about 3 hours away from a real rant. 6 from credit claim back. 9 from postal. 12 from sleep. 15 from arrested. 24 from being deported back to the moon... poly-geez; it's just a place to type my feelings

: eek :

mmgRay
29-11-2009, 13:57
I think in the agreement it says compensation will be given if it is a problem on their end, so this would be one right? Counting up all the days that I've been down because of this id come to 30 days which should mean they should either give me my money back or give me a month free hosting.

And whats the deal with rescuemode not sending emails to inform me about the new SSH passwords? How lame is that?

eekcage
29-11-2009, 13:38
I think they started to do something as instead of ssh/scp hangin after username it just instantly closes but i can ping.

Just a little news like 'were working on it this sunday' will give great peace of mind.

Oh and this is peeshing me off now i cant get to kimsufi backups ...

Code:
Connecting to 213.251.188.30...
FTP server ready.
<<
#########################################
#                                       #
#      Welcome on ftpback14.ovh.net     #
#       - OVH dedicated servers -       #
#           http://www.ovh.com          #
#########################################
>>
This is a private system - No anonymous login
IPv6 connections are also welcome on this server.
You will be disconnected after 15 minutes of inactivity.
Remote host has closed the connection.
I can't accept more than 2 connections as the same user

So I cant even restore onto another box. I feel for you Ray just as the other 88 customers they will probably loose after another month. last fillerz63 crash was only on the 13th this month

mmgRay
29-11-2009, 10:34
Got same problem, been having problems for ages as well through the months that I've been using this. Every 2-3 months or so the harddisk just went dead and the server did too. Never got a real answer as to what happend because the support here just sucks. Been over 24 hours, my site with over 2 million pageviews a month still isn't up. I'm losing visitors and not to mention adrevenue that help pay for this server..

It seems the support isn't doing anything to fix this issue and the support via the manager isn't any help either. As you said I am also going to try to get compensation as the fact that i've been having problems every 2-3 months seems to be related to this as well.

I can't even access rescuemode because it won't send me an email with the required settings such as the passwords for it.

eekcage
29-11-2009, 06:05
never trusting this RPS service again, rather pay for local disks

eekcage
28-11-2009, 20:11
Hi,

I know this isn't a support forum but anyone heard new about filerz63? if any one knows when the last backup was to be restored. How much data did i loose? http://travaux.ovh.net/?do=details&id=3613

D'Oh this month hasn't been lucky for 63, bouts of discs dropping all around the same time.

If anyone knows anything I'm a 'desperate Dan' on this, been over 24 hours. Also is there a procedure for claiming compensation like the last big incident? or even if the SAN is classed as server unreachable.

Many thanks,
eek