OVH Community, your new community space.

Kimsufi: installation costs

sic
07-12-2009, 18:21
hey adamd you are right mate. I just want rid of these boxes as they do not live up to the standards of the other boxes and being selfish i just cannot be bothered with the headache of trying to resolve them.

@neil you are correct mate both tickets got closed the first i believe was 252306 the second, i deleted the emails, got closed by ovh. Tbh i got fed up with it taking two days to get a tech response and then the response was a waste of time.

However, that server has now been suspended. My other faulty server is due in the next couple of days which i will also let lapse.

If ovh discard the set up fees i may take out new ones. Or i might try and make do with the ones that do work ok?

Neil
07-12-2009, 10:46
Sic, what are the ticket numbers, I have looked at your servers and see no open tickets?

AdamD
07-12-2009, 02:35
sic, that is a shame, as the next owner of the both boxes, may lose their data if the drives do end up failing.
Shame on OVH, really.

sic
06-12-2009, 23:22
well this sux.

i have two base kimsufi's which each have hardware faults. The first is a hd fault which i have raised two tickets and provided logs/test results proving the faults. However, because the fault is intermittent ovh will not change the hd.

Their argument is when they check the hd no fault is evident. Regardless of the logs/test results i have provided.

So my solution was simply to let these two boxes lapse and take out new boxes. I am not now going to do that and have to pay 2 lots of £49 in set up fees.

So ovh/kimsufi you have lost 2 lots of monthly sales here.

DigitalDaz
05-12-2009, 18:19
From another point of view here's were OVH will definitely lose money its just how many customers like me they have.

At the moment I have at least 4 c-05g's. If I wanted another to test something or another small project, for £20 a month I would just get another.

The i7's were £99 setup so for playing, they were just too much, though I did recently get one.

At the end of the month, I just usually renew my C-05's because I'm too busy to find out which box that particular invoice related to. Even if I don't need it, I will probably find a use soon.

Now, with the new setup fees, I have to totally rethink.

If I need 5 boxes now, that would be 5x£49 plus the 5x£20 rental, £350 plus vat!

Whereas from what I use them for they will comfortably fit on an i7-4T with plenty of room to spare for £60 plus £49 setup giving me a total of only £110 a plus VAT.

Come month two, its £60 to OVH as opposed to £100, just from the above scenario, I could easlily add another two VM's for what I use them for to an i7, effectively reducing OVH income on just the above scenario from say £140 to £60.

When you add the fact that I probably use no more than about 25G of bandwidth per month on each server and it does make you wonder.

What it has made me do, without a doubt is to begin to look around and thats not something I have done in a while.

Halide
05-12-2009, 17:22
Man oh man, drink too much last night again?!

Why are you punishing good repeat customers and probably good new customers for the abuse of others!!! Fix these issues YOU have with your OWN money, don't force US the LOYAL customer to pay MORE to combat YOUR PROBLEM.

OVH you are still among the best, but your recent changes tell you how little you truly care about us repeat customers....look at all the people unsatisfied from the recent changes, loyal active members like gigabit, myatu, andy, dedicatedpros etc, they're ALL LOOKING FOR ALTERNATIVES!!!

Start listening or you're going to lose all us good members and be over run by the abusers you're trying to get rid of.

*sigh*

dansgalaxy
04-12-2009, 18:58
Quote Originally Posted by makno
i'm still on my old kimsufi, i'd like to upgrade to a better server but the setup fee is really putting me off and i find it a bit unfair for people that have been costumers for a while. I understand for new people that you don't know how long they are going to keep the server but others...
Agreed. The purpose of the setup fee is supposed to be to put people off from ordering and ditchin' because their network is automated it hardly justified for users who have proven they wont buy n ditch a month later...

makno
29-11-2009, 15:32
i'm still on my old kimsufi, i'd like to upgrade to a better server but the setup fee is really putting me off and i find it a bit unfair for people that have been costumers for a while. I understand for new people that you don't know how long they are going to keep the server but others...

*Mikee*
29-11-2009, 15:28
I agree 49.99 setup fee for C-05G is far to high - Maybe something around 9.99 - 19.99 would be better for this sort of webserver since it's not High Spec..!

Razakel
29-11-2009, 14:34
It'd be a bit fairer if you dropped the C-05G's price a little bit. Putting a £49.99 setup fee on it does seem a bit high.

Maybe a better option, if you're fighting abuse, would be to require the C-05G to be initially purchased in a three-month block, which can then be renewed monthly? Hell, even a £19.99 setup fee wouldn't be too bad.

Having a setup fee that high on such a low-end server really makes it very unappealing, particularly if you only want the server for, say, six months.

Oh, and why don't the French Kimsufis have setup fees?

How about having an option to upgrade your server and save on the setup fee?
I definitely have to agree with this. Plus the option to upgrade to a gigabit port without having to buy a completely new server.

Andy
29-11-2009, 14:18
Seems fair for the higher end servers, but a little unfair for the lowest one...

MicroChip123
29-11-2009, 14:08
Hello,
We will balance the cost of installation on the range
"Kimsufi". Starting tomorrow, all servers will have
installation costs equivalent to Q-1T. We will thus
increase the cost of installation of C-05G and decrease
i7-2T/i7-4T/i7-6T installation costs.

The goal is to make the more affordable range i7-2T/i7-4T/i7-6T
and fight against the abuse now rampant on C-05G.

At the level of abuse, this happens on several levels:
- Improved detection and blocking of attacks generated by
servers hosted by OVH
- Offers protection against attacks
- The fight against spam

Regards
Octave
Basically all Kimsufi's will have a £49.99 setup fee.

Cant decide if thats a good thing or a bad thing.

How about having an option to upgrade your server and save on the setup fee?

oles@ovh.net
29-11-2009, 13:48
Hello,

We will balance the costs of installation on the
Kimsufi range. Starting tomorrow, all servers will
have installation costs equivalent to Q-1T. We will therefore be
increase the cost of installation of C-05G and decreasing
i7-2T/i7-4T/i7-6T installation costs.

The goal is to make the range more affordable i7-2T/i7-4T/i7-6T
and fight against the abuse now rampant on C-05G.

At the level of abuse, this happens on several levels:
- Improved detection and blocking of attacks generated by
servers hosted by OVH
- Offers protection against attacks
- The fight against spam

Regards
Octave