OVH Community, your new community space.

SuperPlan storage hard / soft raid ?

Loke
02-12-2009, 15:32
ok cause i had a m8 translate them for me and of course that takes time , so english it is.

yea as i said i ll try playing with re-install OS feature on the manager.

thx again

marks
02-12-2009, 15:20
the incident tickets are answered by the engineers in the datacentre, which are fine on English. For the technical and commercial questions, it's us in the support in London that answer them.

About the RAID configuration, I would suggest you to do some test installations so you'll see what's available and what's best for you.

Loke
02-12-2009, 14:45
ok thx i guess i ll try the : trial and error mode ^^

@Marks do you have any knowledge of how the french team responds in english messages through the manager? do they forward them to you, ask that the message is re-written in french or ...

marks
02-12-2009, 09:39
yes, the reinstallation wizard will guide you through the different possibilities.

With 4 hard drives, the SP Storage is quite a special case, but it'll probably force you to have RAID1 in the system disk and freedom for the rest of the space to configure it as you want. Check the possibilities given, as you'll find some configurations not possible.

IainK
02-12-2009, 07:12
@Loke: If you order a server from OVH it will never be located in the UK. No matter which site you order from your server is always located in Rouabix, France.
For that reason I really don't think it matters about which forum you post in. Obviously the UK forum is probably one of the best for english support.

Unfortunately I don't have a raid server so I can't advise you of how best to proceed. I would imagine it will be pretty self explanitory once you are in the OS reinstall area though. I'm available on MSN/AIM if you want/need any support whilst doing it.

Loke
01-12-2009, 17:38
thank you both for your answers. So the best way to modify the raid would be by using the re-install OS feature from the manager?

Currently the server is set up to have 1 active disk and 3 disks mirroring it or something similar :/

I ll be using this guide here: http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1645 though i am not sure how to set up the partitions. Plus i would like it to be raid 1 ( 2x1.5TB active and 2x1.5TB backing them ) though it should show 1 hd with 3TB instead of 2x1.5TB.
Got a friend who believes he can fix it but would appreciate if someone could describe a step by step guide or something.

I know this might not be the best subforum to post it but it's not a UK server

Neil
01-12-2009, 16:55
Hi Loke

The SuperPlan Storage is Soft Raid, the SP Servers all have SoftRaid and you cannot purchase a Raid controller.

gigabit
01-12-2009, 16:52
Its software.

Loke
01-12-2009, 16:37
Well as the topic states can someone verify if it is soft or hard raid?

couldn't find anything that indicates it's a hard raid.

Thx