OVH Community, your new community space.

questions about dedicated servers

Andy
19-05-2008, 01:59
I can safely say you get what you are promised. I could max out my 100Mbps server day after day with no issues. The most bandwidth I've used in 1 month is 3.7TB and that was fairly easy. I've maxed out 100Mbps to sweden on a few occasions, downloaded from Microsoft at 80Mbps etc. I can't fault the bandwidth in any way at all.

As for video hosting, what you see on there is for "mass" video hosting, eg if thats your servers primary or most used purpose. It simply gives it priority above other traffic. Low traffic video hosting shouldn't cause an issue.

You have to remember webhostingtalk.com only contains information from customers of OVH. This means someone could get an excellent service and they'd have no reason to post on there. Someone might not have the same experience and feel they need to make it known, so the results of such websites can end up biased. I've often found its best to get the opinion of somebody you know rather than rely on such websites, or even join that hosts forum, as you have done today and get the customers real opinions and look through past posts.

Zekanosmoke
19-05-2008, 00:09
the bandwith is very good just excellent but if i install game server for example ping excellent but sometimes.. it just loss packets.. and ping goes from 40 to 140 so you cant play really.. so i dont care .. it was only testing so ..

maclof
18-05-2008, 23:54
Everything i've seen is offered as it is said, The service is excellent (although a little backlogged on some of the kimsufi servers at the moment) and you have awesome control over them.

You can even reinstall the OS on your dedicated server via the control panel, which i find is an absolutely awesome feature (incase you screw up:P)

Never had a problem with bandwidth, You can be put on noSLA policy (explained on the site) if you exceed a certain amount of constant bandwidth meaning you will not be guaranteed your full bandwidth (from what i understand) although its never happened to me.

mr.eng6
18-05-2008, 23:18
hello

I have looked a lot the specification + Quality guarantee + Services included in this page

http://www.ovh.co.uk/products/dedicated_offers.xml

I would like to say it's AMAZING , and I have looked to test server (FTP) and andy signature (talk about his hosting ) + the doucement and detailed talk about server speed

BUT
on the other hand I see not good recommendation on webhostingtalk.com
and at best describe it as average service

I don't won't to be disrespectful or negative over here

BUT I have you customers of the servers to answer me as hosnet as you can about the servers does they provide at least 25-50% of what was promised

and Bandwith I'm not asking for the whole 32TB but does it reach 3-5 TB/month ( I mean can I use it for that limit)

if it does then it's wonderful

BEcause I saw this link

Videos / Streaming / Mirror

and I saw something like before in my previous bad hosting and seems to me a backdoor to be used to close my site whenever I use some bandwith ( 3-5 TB/month)

I'm sorry like I said I don't to be disrespectful or accuse OVH of nothing but I had lot of bad hosting before so I want to just check man

and thank you very much