OVH Community, your new community space.

Private mysql

unnamed_crewman
05-12-2009, 12:51
Presumably this option is not available for Private SQL though?

Would I have to be content with mySQL cache options for any improvement? - which brings me back to the original question

Alistair

RapidSpeeds
05-12-2009, 11:08
Quote Originally Posted by monkey56657
Personally I cache at the web server level.. rather than php. This is providing much better results. Even on my crappy little server it is getting several thousand. ~9000/sec on my old pentium D with the varnish cache.. more so on my new core 2 duo.. but I removed varnish cache.. working on some other web server based cache.
ditto.

freshwire
04-12-2009, 12:37
Personally I cache at the web server level.. rather than php. This is providing much better results. Even on my crappy little server it is getting several thousand. ~9000/sec on my old pentium D with the varnish cache.. more so on my new core 2 duo.. but I removed varnish cache.. working on some other web server based cache.

Neil
04-12-2009, 10:53
Quote Originally Posted by monkey56657
Wordpress !!! ?! !?

With proper caching this can do many thousand requests/second
Good old WP-Cache, but Private SQL does improve the performance and also you do have unlimited databases, just limited my the Memory you order.

freshwire
03-12-2009, 15:46
Quote Originally Posted by unnamed_crewman
I am interested to know if it significantly improves speed of response for database driven s/w like wordpress and phpbb3
Wordpress !!! ?! !?

With proper caching this can do many thousand requests/second

unclebob
03-12-2009, 15:34
FYI, you can only connect to this from OVH's shared hosting packages. If you have a dedicated server / RPS then forget it.

unnamed_crewman
03-12-2009, 14:51
Hi,

Can anyone tell me their experience with Private mysql.

I am interested to know if it significantly improves speed of response for database driven s/w like wordpress and phpbb3?

Thanks