OVH Community, your new community space.

Can't rDNS on EU domain with accents?

Ashley
17-12-2009, 14:06
Quote Originally Posted by Marks
could you give us the domain or ticket number? this an interesting issue and looks urgent to look at (I haven't received any mail yet in the customer support).
Dear Customer,

The domain gøøgle.eu is accessible you can check it via the browser.IN case of problem would you please send us a screen shot.

If you have any further question, please do not hesitate to contact us .

Best regards,
Audrey.A

> Hi,
>
> I can't seem to add rDNS to records that contain the values éúíó for example.
>
> Any ideas? I don't want the rDNS to come up with the xn-- address if at all possible.
>
> Also, in this ticket system the domain comes up as xn--ggle-graa.eu instead of the intented domain.
>
> Cheers
I use the manager to send support requests, doesn't appear to have ticket ID's within the interface.

Subject: EU domain characters and rDNS
Domain: xn--ggle-graa.eu

The actual domain is: gøøgle.eu (idn: xn--ggle-graa.eu)

Basically if someone did an NSLOOKUP on the IP address I would like it (if theoretically possible) to have gøøgle.eu returned.

Not sure if Audrey.A (above) understood that

marks
15-12-2009, 11:43
could you give us the domain or ticket number? this an interesting issue and looks urgent to look at (I haven't received any mail yet in the customer support).

Myatu
15-12-2009, 11:30
It should handle IDN both ways, so I'm assuming it's just some check in the code that didn't account for these accented characters (it should though, since OVH sells .tw and .cn domains, both of which have IDN domains - give http://社團法人台灣省野鳥協會.tw a try for example).

Ashley
15-12-2009, 11:21
Quote Originally Posted by Myatu
No answer on this? Did you e-mail OVH - I assume it's a bug.
I'll open a ticket now. I'm not sure if anyone knew anything about RFC's when it comes to rDNS on these types of domains or if there are alternative methods like doing my own name servers.

Myatu
15-12-2009, 11:16
No answer on this? Did you e-mail OVH - I assume it's a bug.

Ashley
15-12-2009, 11:07
Someone must have a solution?

Ashley
12-12-2009, 04:02
Hi,

I can't seem to add rDNS to records that contain the values éúíó for example.

Any ideas? I don't want the rDNS to come up with the xn-- address if at all possible.

Cheers