OVH Community, your new community space.

OVH = Love, Dismay, Disillusionment then Hate

Andy.
15-12-2009, 23:05
Quote Originally Posted by sic
Here you go a biscuit tin! Eat as many as you want!!!!*

CHAMPAGNE?

Just thought i'd throw in a little analogy.

* (1 inside).
You forgot the celebration only OVH have.

RapidSpeeds
15-12-2009, 14:30
Quote Originally Posted by glidewave
My contention is that OVH seems to have spastic methods of pricing and advertising
rofl

glidewave
15-12-2009, 03:48
I'll digress a bit and further explain this thread. I do like OVH... OVH has a great network and hardware offerings and a superior control panel. My contention is that OVH seems to have spastic methods of pricing and advertising in its offerings pages in addition to changing bandwidth at whim.... You either know your costs or you don't. OVH has so many offerings on the extreme sides, but in reality nothing in the middle! (ie why can't I get an SP storage with more memory and hard raid for 100GBP more?) Look at the number of units available on the HG line stay stagnant, is that a fluke? Doubt it...

MicroChip123
14-12-2009, 21:51
Edit: opps double post delete this one.

MicroChip123
14-12-2009, 21:50
More Like

Here you go a biscuit tin! Eat as many as you want!!!! 100 inside.*

*Excludes tins sold on the days that end with the word "day" these tins will only include 1 biscuit.

sic
14-12-2009, 21:20
Quote Originally Posted by tallen

Here you go a biscuit tin! Eat as many as you want!!!!*

* (1 inside).

i think this is more like ovh advertising?

RapidSpeeds
14-12-2009, 20:43
Quote Originally Posted by tallen
Here you go a biscuit tin! Eat as many as you want!!!! (1 inside).
Haha - well put

tallen
14-12-2009, 19:40
It is very dishonest to the customer listing it as free and unlimited bandwidth when it is in fact Not!
Other companies like leaseweb, etc, all show the actual data limits rather than unlimited.
Also, listing FREE setup with a miniture asterisk is very unfair!
£49.99 to have a computer setup the server for you (When sometime it takes upwards of a day! Even if it states loads ready within 24 hours)

Here you go a biscuit tin! Eat as many as you want!!!! (1 inside).

glidewave
14-12-2009, 16:39
Neil, I'm not knocking the network or hardware... I'm knocking the setup pricing insanity AND the method of listing things nice and asterisk small behind old school shady marketing methods. Port speed and bandwidth are 2 different things, and listing Unlimited bandwidth with a nifty asterisk and a limit is just 1 level below shady. JUST STATE THE BANDWIDTH! Same goes with the kimsufis and the FREE setup.... these methods are things used in print advertising to get people into shops, not buy something instantly online where we expect clear and concise information, especially from a company we respect(ed) in the first place.

I guess because it's the holiday season we should give some leeway considering there was probably two multi-case wine deliveries this month which would cause such things

J

RapidSpeeds
14-12-2009, 16:23
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Hi RapidSpeeds

Need to clear your cache, thanks for the heads up, it was fixed last week.
lol, guess who feels like a tit

Neil
14-12-2009, 16:02
Hi RapidSpeeds

Need to clear your cache, thanks for the heads up, it was fixed last week.

RapidSpeeds
14-12-2009, 14:06
nah the ridiculous part is I pointed out on the forums, and even emailed them when I was dealing with another problem that they have two sets of asterix pointing to the same thing:

***: Request for the establishment of a block of IPs from RIPE (with geolocalisation): 4,8,16 IPs: £49. 32,64,128,256 IPs: £99. 512,1024,+ IPs: £199. the existing PI (unlimited IP): £99. Monthly Cost: £0.

*** : As part of a subscription to the switch port 1 Gbps. Otherwise 100 Mbps.

MicroChip123
14-12-2009, 13:52
Take a look at the kimsufi page now they have made it even more confusing by saying free setup fees.

Its getting a bit ridicules now!

slayer2005
14-12-2009, 13:15
Ive noticed on a lot of servers with the 3tb cap they go over 3tb still on 100Mbps.
Still for what you pay the servers are still great value.

RapidSpeeds
14-12-2009, 12:17
It all works fine now and has for the past couple of weeks. You will see in the OVH Manager the counter go up and it gives you a detailed information of what you have used. But if you have not noticed it, then you most likely have not gone over.
Does it? damn

Ohh well, it's good enough - can't argue.

I ain't been on OVH Manager in a few weeks, when everything works smoothly there's no need to login!

Kinda hard to keep track when you have a few hundred servers though

Neil
14-12-2009, 11:43
It all works fine now and has for the past couple of weeks. You will see in the OVH Manager the counter go up and it gives you a detailed information of what you have used. But if you have not noticed it, then you most likely have not gone over.

RapidSpeeds
14-12-2009, 11:22
You get 100Mbps/1Gbps at what ever the allocation is (3TB up to 40TB), then it is limited to 10Mbps for the rest of the month for free, that is still decent/reliable connection. If you want restore your connection, you can. There is no pressure to, we don't take your money, we do not ask. Its up to you.
Fair point - and i've never seen it drop below 20Mbps even after what looks like the cap has kicked in... Anyways, I know you guys still have issues with that part of the system, let's hope it's a permanent one

Neil
14-12-2009, 11:07
OVH has a success based on luck, witchcraft, divine intervention or a combination of one or more.
So someone has figured out the secret to our success.

OVH portrays FREE and UNLIMITED as if it were true... which is BULL.
You get 100Mbps/1Gbps at what ever the allocation is (3TB up to 40TB), then it is limited to 10Mbps for the rest of the month for free, that is still decent/reliable connection. If you want restore your connection, you can. There is no pressure to, we don't take your money, we do not ask. Its up to you.

RapidSpeeds
14-12-2009, 10:59
lol - someone's not happy :P

glidewave
14-12-2009, 04:58
There are many different categories of OVH customer, and I don't profess to know all of them all. But what I do know is what I read on the forums here and the experiences I hear from fellow resellers aside from my own experiences. OVH has a success based on luck, witchcraft, divine intervention or a combination of one or more.

- OVH introduces pricing changes like some change clothes.

- OVH portrays FREE and UNLIMITED as if it were true... which is BULL.

STOP SAYING UNLIMITED AND FREE when you know for a damn fact it is not either by what the customer views! JUST state the limits in plain!

If the limit is 3TB say it... don't hide it with an asterisk!

How hard is it to offer the reality than the BULL behind an asterisk 2 pages below?