OVH Community, your new community space.

Server Self-Restarting

Jack
25-05-2008, 08:15
yet another stop run error on my windows server yet again i mean wtf going on im using this for business and making my company look like clowns i phoned ovh many times with no outcome you guy do you have a clue what your doing here as this is the 8 time in less than a month what should i do keep watching the server 24/7 so i can run it again when goes down this is the whole point of dedicated runs its self but yet im not the only one in here going on about it i have 3 servers and always the main server that goes down any help and i dont want fobbing of with make sure its update try fresh reinstall well already done it twice and still the same error nop point me phoning up again for you to still not have a clue id like this problem solved quickly please

edwards
20-05-2008, 21:30
kingofsplooge, why you don't check the logs and see what is going on. Is a lot easy to do that in linux, then in windows. check the kernel logs, daemon logs, etc.

kingofsplooge
20-05-2008, 20:51
Well, this is happening to me on Ubuntu. So this isn't just a winblows issue.

Twice here also...

wickedrami
20-05-2008, 14:45
Thnx Andy and awalsh.. This has happened to 4 more people I know using OVH.. What I have done now is disabled 'Error Reporting' from Windows Services.. So that if this happens again.. It should hopefully restart as normal and load windows.. Meanwhile I'll write OVH an email.. Lets c wht they have to say regarding this..

awalsh
20-05-2008, 10:35
*Insert joke here about Windows having to reboot to reduce memory usage*

It is likely due to a dodgy install as Andy says, I personally would contact OVH and then depending on what they say do a backup and reinstall.

Andy
20-05-2008, 10:22
This happened to me a few times and I was unable to discover why. Make sure you have done all of the windows updates and that you're not running anything unstable.

If it continues happening, ask OVH to check your servers power connection. If it still keeps doing it after that, you might have a bas OS install so try doing a reinstall from the manager. Remember to do a backup first.

wickedrami
20-05-2008, 09:34
It's been happening since two days now.. When I log onto the server.. I get this message saying that there was an unplanned server shutdown.. Inorder to proceed I need to click one of the reasons.. Well how am I supposed to know how? I have automatic updates disabled.. But this has started happening for some parallel reason only since the last two days..

My query being is it a normal glitch that wont last long? Or is it something that the OVH technical team needs to look into..

Edit: I am using WIndows Basic..

Thanks