OVH Community, your new community space.

Virtual Rack: beta

elvis1
24-12-2009, 06:34
Quote Originally Posted by monkey56657
I was mistaken. What is actually going on is it is a virtual ethernet cable so that you think you have a ethernet cable

The ping time will be 1000000 seconds but you will give up waiting and as such forget you sent the original ping packet and therefore will think you have a virtual LAN too

Correct ?
youve been having way too much champagne and xmas has not came :P

freshwire
23-12-2009, 20:25
I was mistaken. What is actually going on is it is a virtual ethernet cable so that you think you have a ethernet cable

The ping time will be 1000000 seconds but you will give up waiting and as such forget you sent the original ping packet and therefore will think you have a virtual LAN too

Correct ?

gigabit
23-12-2009, 20:12
What i would like to see it dedicated ethernet connections between servers then there's no latency or anything! I'm guessing the VLAN would be running on the same network as everything else?

Myatu
23-12-2009, 18:43
Oh! It'a a VLAN! Why didn't Oles call it such from the start, as this makes a lot more sense to most people!? Now it's getting interesting! Thanks Neil

Neil
23-12-2009, 12:16
Well, a Virtual Rack or vLan is useful if you run a large web server setup or something similar, where you might have web servers and database servers and you want them to respond internally.

This could mean you have a database server and a backup server that respond only to internal IP's, protecting them from outside attacks and improving performance.

yonatan
23-12-2009, 02:43
I have got some servers that are able to be added to the virtual rack, but i would like to know what are the benefits in plain English please

Myatu
22-12-2009, 19:36
Quote Originally Posted by monkey56657
It will give the feeling that you do actually have a server
ROFL! Yeah, that must be it

freshwire
22-12-2009, 17:58
The theory is quite simple really... it's for those who cannot afford a server. It will give the feeling that you do actually have a server

Myatu
22-12-2009, 17:45
I'm still trying to figure out what this is. I see it as an option under "Services", there's no available server to add to whatever it is and "This one will be automatically added when ordering so your server does not have" is an Olesism that I do not understand. "I confused is very much", frankly.

elvis1
18-12-2009, 23:38
Quote Originally Posted by gigabit
Too much champagne.
ROFL this seems it..off topic: with spare money from its clients ( summed to the fact of not being able to buy strato) octave seems to be building rbx3 and featuring to start working with UK in 2011

RapidSpeeds
18-12-2009, 02:22
Quote Originally Posted by gigabit
Too much champagne.
seems to be the trend the past few weeks..

gigabit
17-12-2009, 23:49
Too much champagne.

Myatu
17-12-2009, 23:17
I didn't get this "virtual rack" last time either. Imaginary colo?

MicroChip123
17-12-2009, 22:41
Good evening,
The 1st "virtual rack" (the virtual bay) have been configured.
Other orders will be executed tomorrow in the day and
gradually throughout the sub will be "virtual rack"-proof. Indeed,
for this service there, we set up an internal network
1Tbps capacity switching ... something huge is there to
ensure excellent service quality because the objective is to
guarantee bandwidth internal network, whatever the
Type your server in the data center regardless of OVH ...

Regards
Octave
no idea what that means.
is it about VPS or Colo?

oles@ovh.net
17-12-2009, 22:20
Good evening,

The 1st "virtual racks" (the virtual bays) have been configured. Other orders will be executed tomorrow during the day and gradually all the hardware will be "virtual rack"-proof. Indeed, for this service, we have set up a network of internal 1Tbps capacity switching ... something huge is there to ensure excellent service quality because the objective is to guarantee the internal network bandwidth, whatever the your type of server in the data center regardless of OVH ...

All the best,
Octave