OVH Community, your new community space.

[URGENT] Can I pay bill via Manager? Bought it from Reseller

Rilly
29-12-2009, 21:31
I don't see Canada in that link.. but here is another link for further proof they don't sell to Canada anymore.

http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=1827&page=5

Originally Posted by Marks
Re: Canada - Other provinces?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the past, OVH used to accept customer from Canada and other countries, but after having problems (hackers ordering servers for fraudulent use, payment problems cause of the local payment systems and others) we stopped. Existing customers from those countries have kept their services.

From then, giving service to a new country is only done when we've adapted the payment methods and the legal documents, the network is ready to provide our guaranteed bandwidths and we have a local team trained to give support in that country.

So slower but sure that we always provide proper service.
the only reason i'm pointing this out is I take offense when people make comments like this on my posts without any thought that maybe they are wrong, but insist that other people's posts are of lesser value than their own.

French Canadians (Quebec) can get the services (therefore can pay by card).

I hate you guys posting like you know how to cheat the ovh system.

RapidSpeeds
29-12-2009, 13:19
Quote Originally Posted by Allot
We do currently provide dedicated servers to Quebec in Canada. You will be able to access it from around the world, however the bandwidth you will receive will only be under the SLA guarantee in the countries in which we have established a dedicated connection. You may find the list of these countries below:

http://www.ovh.co.uk/items/cadre/disponibilite.xml

Hope that helps,

Allot
But Yes, as you done it via ovh.com - you just can't order from ovh.co.uk

Rilly
28-12-2009, 17:02
Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpeeds

Incorrect... Quebec is not allowed to order from OVH.. Quebec used to be able to order; however, i'm not in Quebec either - I'm in Ontario.. I didn't know there was a restriction when I ordered but they sold to me anyway.. since they, Canada is not a country you can order from. (oh.. though., i should state, it wasn't from ovh.co.uk, it was from ovh.com... so that possibly could be a difference)

Mac
28-12-2009, 13:57
Update: All problems are solved.
Niche is re-enabled.

RapidSpeeds
28-12-2009, 13:04
Quote Originally Posted by Rilly
This isn't correct actually.. i pay for my server via a Canadian credit card without any problems.

Myatu
27-12-2009, 19:29
Contact OVH's support at customersupport@ovh.co.uk and explain your situation, along with the IP address(es) of your server(s). In meantime, I'd take up on Yonathan's suggestion by making a backup of all your stuff.

Rilly
27-12-2009, 18:07
Quote Originally Posted by tallen
Unfortunately I think you can only pay via UK registered credit/debit cards so you would have to do it through your reseller.
This isn't correct actually.. i pay for my server via a Canadian credit card without any problems.

Mac
27-12-2009, 17:39
Well his name is Mikko
He is not that famous reseller
But owns like 80 servers.
He gets his servers for ovh.it

PS: All Hopes i have now is on Neil....eager to talk to him...
I am sure he will fix this issuse...

aantunes
27-12-2009, 16:35
i have a problem like this on portuguese ovh (ovh.pt). they deactivated my NIC and stolen my money, luckily my credit card company have done the chargebacks so i wasn't screwed at all.

just to know, which was the reseller?

thanks

Mac
27-12-2009, 16:12
Hey mate

Same thing happned with me
Even i have some ovh servers from him.
But some of his clients used the ovh servers for spam mails
Ovh was so much frustated that they closed down those servers as well as deleted his niche.

Even i cant renew my servers...
Anyways we gotta wait and check what ovh can do for him...
thats the only way i see right now

tallen
27-12-2009, 14:11
Unfortunately I think you can only pay via UK registered credit/debit cards so you would have to do it through your reseller.
I have no idea why the nick handle would be deleted!! Looks like a mess up on the reseller side.
I'd do a backup of everything! Do you have access to the manager?

yonatan
27-12-2009, 10:23
well, you came in a bad time , and to the wrong place.
new years . . . offices are closed , + its a sunday, so no one in OVH to talk to.
I suggest you do the following:

1. Create a backup
2. download your backup
3. look for a new server
4. upload content
5. move DNS

I hate loosing data so . . .
if you need any help moving your data let me know, i can give you some FTP space for now so you can drop your TAR's until u find a new home.

kohkindachi
27-12-2009, 02:17
[SOLVED]

Hey guys, my reseller claim that his nic handler has been deleted by ovh....which is super duper stupid (how could this happen :s). Anyway he said there might be possibility that he'll not be able to renew my server if he don't get it back.

But I can't let this server of mine goes down. Is there a way for me to pay via the manager?

Note: He said that he's a reseller of 'it OVH'. And I'm not residing in any of the approved list. Asia

Advice is needed. Thanks in advance