OVH Community, your new community space.

I've upgraded to unmetered traffic via Manager. When will it take effect?

Neil
20-01-2010, 10:34
Quote Originally Posted by kohkindachi
Because my reseller said that the payment for my server AND SLA Business has been combined, if i want to pay for the server, i must pay as a whole :/

So I just want to confirm will SLA Business invoice be included all I need to request for it to be removed?
SLA Business is bound to the server like USB Drives and IP's, you will need to contact the support to have it removed.

Andy
19-01-2010, 14:11
No, you can click the link at the bottom of the renewal page to get each item billed individually. You then just select the server on it's own. Failing that, contact support and they will remove it.

kohkindachi
19-01-2010, 13:26
Because my reseller said that the payment for my server AND SLA Business has been combined, if i want to pay for the server, i must pay as a whole :/

So I just want to confirm will SLA Business invoice be included all I need to request for it to be removed?

Andy
19-01-2010, 10:31
No, you pay on a monthly basis as far as I am aware, same with all services except domains.

kohkindachi
19-01-2010, 02:25
Ok let the matter rest :s Even though it got resetted to 10mpbs again after the billing cycle

Anyway guys, since I've paid for 1 month. Is this recurring? I don't plan to continue this extra service anymore and I don't want my reseller to have to pay this additional charges

Mac
05-01-2010, 16:08
Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpeeds
So let me get this straight, you purchased a server on his behalf, then he took it upon himself to use the Manager to purchase something directly? I was under the impression as it was purchased from your nic handle, only you could pay? So anyone who adds lets say a Windows License, extra bandwidth or even pay the bill - they could do it via there own nic handle, even if they are not the Admin Contact?

I am not trying to blow this out of proportion, so I don't need your two pence worth Mac - talking about me trying to get my posts up when you basically re-worded what slacker said...

Thanks for taking the time to clarify this for me though, I appreciate it

Ahh you are welcome Dear
Misunderstandings are part of Life :P

And i didnt Re word Slaker
He edited his previous post

slacker
05-01-2010, 15:31
So let me get this straight, you purchased a server on his behalf, then he took it upon himself to use the Manager to purchase something directly? I was under the impression as it was purchased from your nic handle, only you could pay? So anyone who adds lets say a Windows License, extra bandwidth or even pay the bill - they could do it via there own nic handle, even if they are not the Admin Contact?
I put him as Tech contact, not Billing or Admin, so I don't think he should have been allowed to purchase anything, but I guess I'm wrong...

Quote Originally Posted by Neil
This nic handle is a French one, which was created on OVH.com, someone also inserted that Nic Handle in the OVH Manager to give them access, they are equally responsible for doing this in the first place.
Maybe it's a French NIC because it was registered as Malaysia? So it went automatically to ovh.com?
I've registered for the manager using my Malaysia Address and paid for the upgrade(not server) using my Malaysia Card.
Neil, can you confirm that what happened here is normal and allowed? Tech contact registered in Malaysia allowed to purchase extra options via Manager?
Thanks

Neil
05-01-2010, 14:46
Quote Originally Posted by Mac
Dude RapidSpeeds
Are you nuts? or are you trying to Increase your post counts...
I think you didnt read the whole conversation and just commenting by reading the End Post.
The whole problem is caused by kohkindachi
The guy who has his Niche registered on ovh.co.uk and ordered server from ovh.com ...:P

slacker Is a reseller over here and he is not at fault...

Then kohkindachi is doing the right thing coz he purchased the bandwidth option from ovh and not through reseller

Dont get so much Hyper dude..
Its just a small problem and you are making a hell out of it...

No Offence mate..Just putting light on what you are saying..

All the Best !!!

Regards
This nic handle is a French one, which was created on OVH.com, someone also inserted that Nic Handle in the OVH Manager to give them access, they are equally responsible for doing this in the first place.

But this is nothing to do with OVH.co.uk

RapidSpeeds
05-01-2010, 12:00
Quote Originally Posted by slacker
I *did not* purchase anything, my client did. He's from a country where OVH does not sell: was he supposed to be able to purchase in the first place? I don't know, but I guess not.

I am not trying to blow this out of proportion, so I don't need your two pence worth Mac - talking about me trying to get my posts up when you basically re-worded what slacker said...

Thanks for taking the time to clarify this for me though, I appreciate it

Mac
05-01-2010, 09:16
Wtf you on about slacker? if you placed the order @ ovh.com, why are you contacting ovh.it in the first place, then coming on ovh.co.uk for an opinion?

Be thankful there is an OVH Manager in the first place that has as many options as it does, I have servers with about 20 different hosting companies and nothing comes close to what the ovh manager offers... besides, there is a whole tab option dedicated to 'Your opinion' which goes directly to Oles and you can voice your opinion about the lack of features, or features that cannot be accessed (or lord behold someone actually give them some praise/credit for the hard work that has obviously been put into it in the first place)

I bet you a purple hen '£20 note' you didn't bother to fill that in first before coming here to bítch about what ovh offers and doesn't?

i'm confused with this post now tbh... I don't know if slacker is that 'trolls' (lol) reseller or not...

I just wish this forum wasn't full of such negativity.. life's too short to complain all the time - and when you need to, complain to the people you purchased it from.. not bring it to every forum on every country the company offers..

Dude RapidSpeeds
Are you nuts? or are you trying to Increase your post counts...
I think you didnt read the whole conversation and just commenting by reading the End Post.
The whole problem is caused by kohkindachi
The guy who has his Niche registered on ovh.co.uk and ordered server from ovh.com ...:P

slacker Is a reseller over here and he is not at fault...

I just wish this forum wasn't full of such negativity.. life's too short to complain all the time - and when you need to, complain to the people you purchased it from.. not bring it to every forum on every country the company offers..
Then kohkindachi is doing the right thing coz he purchased the bandwidth option from ovh and not through reseller

Dont get so much Hyper dude..
Its just a small problem and you are making a hell out of it...

No Offence mate..Just putting light on what you are saying..

All the Best !!!

Regards

slacker
05-01-2010, 08:54
Rapidspeeds dude, you probably did not read the whole thread very closely.
Please read the thread again.
I *did not* purchase anything, my client did. He's from a country where OVH does not sell: was he supposed to be able to purchase in the first place? I don't know, but I guess not.
And even if he was, the SLA Business 200Mbps option is only for French customers afaics, while he's from Asia.
And also, reporting what I think is a bug != complaining.
You're the only one making such a big deal out of this, I don't even know why, since he's not even your customer...

RapidSpeeds
04-01-2010, 22:43
Wtf you on about slacker? if you placed the order @ ovh.com, why are you contacting ovh.it in the first place, then coming on ovh.co.uk for an opinion?

Be thankful there is an OVH Manager in the first place that has as many options as it does, I have servers with about 20 different hosting companies and nothing comes close to what the ovh manager offers... besides, there is a whole tab option dedicated to 'Your opinion' which goes directly to Oles and you can voice your opinion about the lack of features, or features that cannot be accessed (or lord behold someone actually give them some praise/credit for the hard work that has obviously been put into it in the first place)

I bet you a purple hen '£20 note' you didn't bother to fill that in first before coming here to bítch about what ovh offers and doesn't?

i'm confused with this post now tbh... I don't know if slacker is that 'trolls' (lol) reseller or not...

slacker
04-01-2010, 20:53
The issue is fixed: Oles himself set the server to 200Mbps SLA Business.
But the problem is also in OVH manager, which allowed to purchase a non-existent option!
And FYI, I did also contact ovh.it but they told me to take the issue to ovh.com, since the order was placed there and they could not do anything, not even refund it. Just so you guys know...

RapidSpeeds
04-01-2010, 20:36
are you *****s trying to give resellers a bad name?

let this post die, if the client isn't smart enough to contact his reseller, that isn't our problem, let alone a post worthy of being on the ovh uk forum.

next time kohkindachi, voice your opinion somewhere else. (preferably ovh.it or most importantly, YOUR RESELLERS INBOX AS YOU ARE HIS CLIENT, NOT OVH's PROBLEM.)

Mac
04-01-2010, 19:56
Quote Originally Posted by jonlewi5
you would need a refund from the reseller, not ovh
Well Read Properly
This guy has paid directly to ovh.com with his own credit card.

TO Neil: Dude please assist him..Seems to be trapped in a Major billing issuse..
Hope you solve his problem as you are Smart enough ...

jonlewi5
04-01-2010, 09:30
Ok I'm requesting a full refund. Who should I contact? I expect this from ovh.com

Dear Sir or Madam,

Further to your email sent to support@ovh.com, please be aware that this email address is exclusively for French based customers.

Therefore, if you have any technical or commercial queries, please send your email to customersupport@ovh.co.uk or contact our English team on (+44) 0207 252 2310.

Yours faithfully,
OVH Customer suppor
you would need a refund from the reseller, not ovh

kohkindachi
04-01-2010, 05:44
Ok I'm requesting a full refund. Who should I contact? I expect this from ovh.com

Dear Sir or Madam,

Further to your email sent to support@ovh.com, please be aware that this email address is exclusively for French based customers.

Therefore, if you have any technical or commercial queries, please send your email to customersupport@ovh.co.uk or contact our English team on (+44) 0207 252 2310.

Yours faithfully,
OVH Customer suppor

Mac
01-01-2010, 09:34
Quote Originally Posted by Myatu
Silly question: Where's the reseller?
Well even the reseller is frustrated on His Act..and anyways he is having his
New Year Bash...will be back on 2nd

Myatu
31-12-2009, 16:01
Silly question: Where's the reseller?

kohkindachi
31-12-2009, 15:19
What's the point? What's done cannot be undone. I need to solve this ASAP. But none of the support willing to do extra to help me. Helpless....really

Even contacted oles@ovh.net more than 24 hours ago ...... haiz

Mac
31-12-2009, 15:11
I'm now really pissed. What's wrong with all these?

Now this will lead BACK to the first reply from ovh.it. For goodness sake can't you guys just co-operate and contact each other to solve it once and for all?

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/1087/95298966.gif

In the first place mate why did you do it?
when you know ovh doesnt allow customers outside Europe why did you order it..
Any to be so dumb of you....you brought a server from Italian reseller(ovh.it), ordered from ovh.com through ovh.co.uk Niche...wow you are Genius

Now the best thing to do is email oles oles@ovh.net
He will take care of your order...

kohkindachi
31-12-2009, 15:03
I'm now really pissed. What's wrong with all these?

supporto@ovh.it
reply-to supporto@ovh.it
to xxxxxxxxx@gmail.com
date Thu, Dec 31, 2009 at 5:40 PM
subject [URGENT] Problem with network card

hide details 5:40 pm

Good morning.

Maybe i wasn't clear enough, but now i know all the problem occoursed.

Your NIC-handle and your orders are from France site www.ovh.com, NOT from www.ovh.co.uk.

So, we CANNOT do ANYTHING on your requirements, cause we are ITALIAN support, and is the same for english support.

You have to send you request to FRENCH support, NOT italian or english ones.

www.ovh.com is your target.

Best regards.
Dr. Stefano Barchetta
Dear Sir or Madam,

Yours faithfully,
OVH Customer suppor
Dear OVH

You need to contact your reseller or the Italian Support about this, this not a UK Server.

Kind Regards,

Neil

OVH.co.uk
Now this will lead BACK to the first reply from ovh.it.
So EXACTLY who should I contact???
For goodness sake can't you guys just co-operate and contact each other to solve it once and for all?

http://img24.imageshack.us/img24/1087/95298966.gif

Neil
31-12-2009, 10:42
Well no one on here can do that for you, you created an account on ovh.com and you have brought your server through a reseller.

But from what I can see your order has been processed.

kohkindachi
31-12-2009, 01:03
I gonna pay a small sum to someone who are willing to settle this for me, by calling OVH.

kohkindachi
30-12-2009, 23:59
Man...sent so many mails and tickets can't believe not a single replied me

I created a ticket few hours ago and they locked it. This is cheap

kohkindachi
30-12-2009, 14:14
Anyway even though you guys said that my NIC is only capable of 100mbps, I'm getting 10mbps speed. It's like less than 10kb/s when I tested a download :s

kohkindachi
30-12-2009, 14:10
Thanks alot both of you

@Myatu, the reason why I purchased 200mbps unmetered is because of the 10mbps limit, so if i wait till the next billing cycle, it defeats the purpose totally. I'll try knocking on "oles@ovh.net" door :/

unclebob
30-12-2009, 13:52
Andy's right, your NIC is only capable of 100mbps so you'd need to get OVH support to upgrade your NIC. Have you tried opening a support ticket via the manager instead of emailing directly?

Perhaps a short email to oles@ovh.net would get you somewhere too.

Edit: Myatu beat me to it :P

Myatu
30-12-2009, 13:51
capabilities: 100baseTx-FD 100baseTx-HD 10baseT-FD 10baseT-HD
link partner: 10baseT-FD 10baseT-HD
Your NIC is only capable of 100 Mbps max (it's not a 1 Gbps NIC) and the router/switch is set to 10 Mbps (probably because you had exceeded your bandwitdh limitation). The 10 Mbps limitation should be reset to full speed on your next billing cycle (for the server).

kohkindachi
30-12-2009, 13:25
[root@web3 ~]# mii-tool -v
SIOCGMIIREG on eth0 failed: Input/output error
eth0: negotiated 10baseT-FD, link ok
product info: vendor 00:50:43, model 11 rev 0
basic mode: autonegotiation enabled
basic status: autonegotiation complete, link ok
capabilities: 100baseTx-FD 100baseTx-HD 10baseT-FD 10baseT-HD
advertising: 100baseTx-FD 100baseTx-HD 10baseT-FD 10baseT-HD flow-control
link partner: 10baseT-FD 10baseT-HD
[root@web3 ~]#

unclebob
30-12-2009, 12:40
Can you post the output of the following, please?

Code:
mii-tool -v

kohkindachi
30-12-2009, 11:54
And if I'm not wrong, the link you gave me will require me to log in and open a ticket. The funny thing is, they always replied me

Dear Sir or Madam,

Now if I send to "customersupport@ovh.co.uk", I'll get the same old reply I posted earlier. Man ~~~~~~~~~~~~~
If this goes on, nothing can be solved

kohkindachi
30-12-2009, 11:48
I suggest you consult the configuration of the network card to see why it is running at 10Mbps duplex and not 100Mbps or 1Gbps duplex.
How can i do that?

Also which email do I have to use to contact france support? support@ovh.com? Can you write me a letter so that I can email them? I'm not good at all these technical stuff

Andy
30-12-2009, 11:45
OK so either your server has the speed set to 10Mbps duplex or the switch has set you to that speed. I am more willing to believe it's the server, as only your internet bandwidth is affected when it is limited, not local, meaning if the switch slowed you down then you would not be able to have fast local speeds.

I suggest you consult the configuration of the network card to see why it is running at 10Mbps duplex and not 100Mbps or 1Gbps duplex. This is where the problem lies. However I would also contact France support about it being a possible switch problem by doing what they asked, and go to the link http://www.ovh.com/fr/espaceclients/...BVXEBSNN4Y7O60 and post your support request there.

kohkindachi
30-12-2009, 11:40
Which info? The 10mbps port? I copied from SSH.
I emailed them, one of the replied

Dear OVH

You need to contact your reseller or the Italian Support about this, this not a UK Server.

Kind Regards,

Neil

OVH.co.uk
while to other

supporto@ovh.it
reply-to supporto@ovh.it
to kin___________wei@gmail.com
date Wed, Dec 30, 2009 at 5:33 PM
subject Request for refund

hide details 5:33 PM (2 hours ago)

Good morning.

We cannot refund anything, cause this order number is registered in France, and you sent your request to Italian Support.

You must contact France support here

support@ovh.com

and ask them.

Best regards
Dr. Stefano Barchetta
I find the above replied weird. My reseller is ordering my server from OVH IT though, wonder why support can't do a thing
Now I've emailed support@ovh.com, and this is what I got for auto reply twice

Bonjour,

-- Attention -- attention -- attention -- attention -- attention --

Votre email a été reçu sur notre support mais NE PEUT PAS
être traité. En effet, il manque des informations concernant
votre domaine et le type de support que vous demandez.

Merci DE COMPLETER votre requête via cette url
http://www.ovh.com/fr/espaceclients/...BVXEBSNN4Y7O60
Il vous permettra aussi de suivre le traitement de votre
requête en temps réel.

If I can call support directly I would have, but i can't. I was hoping at least one staff can help me contacting the respective personnel :K Now I'll just have to request a refund

Andy
30-12-2009, 11:36
Did you copy that information from your operating system or the OVH manager?

Also I am not a staff member, so I can't help any further than you have already tried. All I can suggest is a phonecall to the subsidiary you are purchasing from. The forum isn't an official support method, it's mainly here for customer to customer support. E-mail and phone are the only recognised proper support methods.

I don't see why they can't grant an extension to your bandwidth if you haven't been able to use it, so ask them when you get in touch.

kohkindachi
30-12-2009, 11:33
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
Theres your problem, you have your NIC set to 10Mbps full duplex. You need it set to 1Gbps full duplex or you'll never get over 10Mbps speeds.

Also it looks like your server only has a 10/100 NIC, which means you can only get a maximum of 100Mbps anyway. You need a 1Gbps (10/100/1000) NIC to get 200Mbps upload.
Hmmm no point telling me? I can't fix it Can you please contact the respective person for me to change this? If I miss today's chance guess I've to wait till next week which is :s

Andy
30-12-2009, 11:20
Theres your problem, you have your NIC set to 10Mbps full duplex. You need it set to 1Gbps full duplex or you'll never get over 10Mbps speeds.

Also it looks like your server only has a 10/100 NIC, which means you can only get a maximum of 100Mbps anyway. You need a 1Gbps (10/100/1000) NIC to get 200Mbps upload.

kohkindachi
30-12-2009, 08:31
Man. guess no one trying to help. wasted $500+ usd

kohkindachi
30-12-2009, 01:49
Man this is troublesome, can someone here contact their respective colleagues and solve this once and for all? I want this to be resolved before new year :k

The confirmed that the upgrade is done
Network Connection : 1Gbps
Bandwidth type : Business
Bw OVH/OVH : 1Gbps
Bw OVH/Internet : 200 Mbps
Bw Internet/OVH : 1Gbps
Traffic : unlimited
But I realise that there isn't any much improvement in speed after It changed to 200mbps unmetered, it's the same as when it was limit at 10mbps.

IPv6 addrconf: prefix with wrong length 56
e1000e: eth0 NIC Link is Down
e1000e: eth0 NIC Link is Up 10 Mbps Full Duplex, Flow Control: None
eth0: 10/100 speed: disabling TSO

kohkindachi
29-12-2009, 12:01
:S so what's the email I should use to contact them? It's taking more than enough time

Also just to confirm I'm allowed to order right?

Neil
29-12-2009, 11:39
It was ordered on ovh.com, so you will need to contact them about why the order has been delayed. I guess it is because the IP was from outside France...

kohkindachi
29-12-2009, 06:10
I've received reply from customersupport@ovh.co.uk

The server's order 6793723 is in progress. We are sorry for the delivery's delay. Orders are usually delivered within an hour but depending on availability can take up to 72 hours to be completed. In this case due to the popularity of the offer we are experiencing a backlog of orders that we're working to clear this week. The contract does not begin until we have sent you the login details. you may track the progress of your order via your manager > administration > my invoices > orders in progress.
However this is what I got when i check

Purchase orders in progress

No. Date Domain Description Total price (VAT incl.)

There aren't any items.

kohkindachi
28-12-2009, 21:37
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Nic, Server Address, Order Number? .....
Hi Neil this is the info. Hope you can assist

domain = ns200083.ovh.net
nic = zk2497-ovh

Date de la transaction 28 Décembre 2009 12:44:24 (UTC/GMT)
Adresse du web commerçant www.ovh.net
Identifiant commerçant 042476141000011
Référence de la transaction 313849
Montant de la transaction 357,60 €
Numéro de la carte XXXX #### #### ##56 12/10
Autorisation T06502
Certificat de la transaction 56b6cdc7c9d9

Payment Information
Order No.: 6793723
External Transaction No: 1313849 # CBFR
Transaction Date: 2009-12-28
OVH Transaction No: 1313849 # CreditCardFrench

Neil
28-12-2009, 20:30
Nic, Server Address, Order Number? .....

kohkindachi
28-12-2009, 14:25
Hey guys, I've got my server via reseller and he will usually pay on my behalf for monthly bill. I realize that 10TB monthly wasn't enough so I upgraded to Unmetered 200mbps from "BW Management' link in the manager. I paid for it...yes :s

But first thing first is it allowed? I've registered for the manager using my Malaysia Address and paid for the upgrade(not server) using my Malaysia Card.

If it's not allowed, will I be refunded?
If it's allowed, when will it take effect? It's still pending for me, and I can't find the invoice under 'Administration' link

Advice is needed. Thanks