OVH Community, your new community space.

vkvm+LVM not working

yonatan
31-12-2009, 12:15
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Hi

Do you have the server address with this issue?
Sorry Neil,
already formated it, managed to mount it in rescue-pro , ftp up to ftpbackup and download back + restore the system.

too bad i couldn't fix it and had to reformat.

now i set it to raid, i cannot take the risk of this downtime again.

it was on a kimsufi i7-2t

the problem with the vkvm was like so:

server booted, then got into single user mode, when i type "/sbin/fdisk -l" it did not see anything at all ( no hard drives! )

i had

/dev/sda1 ext3 ( root and boot )
/dev/sda2 swap

/dev/sda3 lvm ( homevg )
/dev/sdb1 lvm ( homevg )

Im not sure if it is because the corrupt system

I provide tech support and management for Linux systems , and it went down like so:

1. stupid admin installed incompatible openssl libs, which killed the SSH ( segfault )
2. stupid admin try to fix it with yum
3. the stupid admin has run rpm -e nodeps yum after he got yum error ( god only knows why )

when i was called it was too late, he lost access - so i rebooted in vkvm, and found out that i am unable to mount anything in single user mode.

I have tried to boot from a rescue iso also (vkvm) ( centos iso from mir1.ovh.net ) , got the same problem with the /sbin/fdisk -l

the solution:

I used rescue-pro to mount the drives, from there, tar -zcvf , ftp
reload the OS , ftp , tar -zxvf

could have been much more easy to fix it from vkvm , but hey - that's life isn't it?

now , i think its time to go to sleep.

Neil
31-12-2009, 11:46
Hi

Do you have the server address with this issue?

yonatan
30-12-2009, 22:52
well, the topic says it all,
i got a server with an LVM setup, and it has some problems , so i rebooted it to vkvm , just to find out , i cannot mount my lvm partitions...

please look into this issue, this should work out of the box.