OVH Community, your new community space.

Forum

marks
04-01-2010, 13:13
how many users a particular application can cope with it's quite difficult to say. It depends on the amount of clicks, on the average processing requirements for each click, and other things.

What we can tell is that there are certain restrictions, for example on the monthly traffic and on SQL database (performing 10 simultaneous at each time and database space).

Apart from these restrictions, it's better to give it a go and keep a close eye on the performance. If it's not enough, you can upgrade to a better package or even consider to install it on a dedicated server where you would have all the resources of the server exclusively for you.

I know it's a rough answer to your question, but there are no exact formulas on this and there is nothing like real test.

Late3
03-01-2010, 23:17
Quote Originally Posted by Myatu
An important thing for most forums would be MySQL, but I do think that package came with one, right? Otherwise you can add a "Private MySQL" package from OVH (also good to keep in mind when your forum gets many, many users). Otherwise you should be fine...
Well they have a forum and theres around 400 users i think not sure so thats why i wanted to know if the SQL would take it and how much it would use and i have a SQL but not sure what one here is what it says in SQL Manager

Size Limit Status Server Version
Empty 25 ok mysql5-18.60gp MySQL 5

Would that be ok or would i need to upgrade my SQL? and how many people can connect to the forum at one time ? because that would be effected by the SQL right?

Myatu
03-01-2010, 23:11
An important thing for most forums would be MySQL, but I do think that package came with one, right? Otherwise you can add a "Private MySQL" package from OVH (also good to keep in mind when your forum gets many, many users). Otherwise you should be fine...

Late3
03-01-2010, 22:46
What fourm software? (phpbb, vbull, bbpress ect.)
What server software where you looking at? (Apache, nginx ect.)

What are your server specs? (RAM and total CPU Speed)
phpbb i think and its OVH Hosting package and its the 60GP package
(I think the package was 90-99p at the time because thats all i needed in space)

MicroChip123
03-01-2010, 22:38
What fourm software? (phpbb, vbull, bbpress ect.)
What server software where you looking at? (Apache, nginx ect.)

What are your server specs? (RAM and total CPU Speed)

Edit: Is this shared hosting?
What is your Bandwidth (traffic limit) a month.
and mysql sizes?

How big is this fourm (100, 1000, 10,000, 1,000,000 Users)?

Late3
03-01-2010, 22:23
Hello,

I want to host a forum for someone else and im on the 60g or whatever you call it thats not longer around i dont think and i want to know how many people can go on the forum at one time and how much would the forum use

Regards,
Danny