OVH Community, your new community space.

Proxmox problem

Kerridge0
07-01-2010, 12:00
Merci beaucoup!

Myatu
07-01-2010, 02:08
Could certainly be, but I'm also wondering about some resource sharing issues in your case. But, if this solves the problem, c'est tout

Kerridge0
07-01-2010, 02:04
ok, downloading and starting the alternate ubuntu 8.04 template on the openvz site works fine, could there be a flaw in that template ubuntu-8.0-standard_8.04-1?

Kerridge0
07-01-2010, 01:54
Interesting.

I have two ubuntu based vms, 101 and 106

I can't have both running at the same time but if the other isn't running, it works fine

101's syslog is located here:

Code:
/var/lib/vz/root/101/var/log/syslog
nothing got logged to it when it failed to start when I had 106 running

106's is here:

Code:
/var/lib/vz/private/106/var/log/syslog
similarly, nothing gets logged to it when 101 is running, and I try to start it.

Myatu
05-01-2010, 02:50
Odd. I never ran into this issue with either 1.3 (OVH's version) or 1.4 (Vanilla, at OVH) and I run several VMs based off the same templates.

What's the output of /var/syslog for the failing contiainer? (You can access it from /vz/root/)

Also, have a look at http://wiki.openvz.org/Download/template/precreated for updated templates - these are the ones I prefer to use.

Kerridge0
04-01-2010, 20:00
Hi

I'm having a problem where I can't have two openvz vms running at the same time when they are based on the same Ubuntu 8.04 template.

What happens is, the first one I start starts ok, and then the second one i start starts running but very shortly after that reaches the condition of "mounted" rather than running.

I've only got this problem on OVH's version of proxmox, not on proxmox 1.1 or 1.4

I've even just created "vanilla" vms from the PVE interface, rather than the ones I've been working on, and they have the same problem.

I haven't found any useful errors in the logs.

I brought the topic up on the Proxmox forums here, in case you want to see what I've been through so far in trying to solve the problem.

The conclusion from that thread was that it could easily be a problem due to an old kernel.

I see that someone had a similar problem posted on the French forum but there was no resolution:- here

Does anybody know a work-around for this particular problem while I wait for the 1.3 upgrade script to be published, or can they cast any further light on the problem?