OVH Community, your new community space.

support for bad hardware

darkfyre
10-01-2010, 15:01
well it was literally a brand new server - hours old. its just a shame that after paying £50 for a server to be setup for me .. I had to wait:

4 hours on a new hard disk +
2.5 hours on a new motherboard

I feel the hardware should have been tested before deploying it and charging me £50.

Andy
10-01-2010, 10:36
Well they adhered to their SLA and even replaced the motherboard for you because that wasn't working properly either in the end. It's almost a brand new server I wouldn't complain.

darkfyre
10-01-2010, 10:09
Ahh, i hope its a loss in translation and not deception ... however, i do wonder why none of the English support staff (such as the wonderful guys on this forum) don't simply amend the Website for the UK customers.

My hard disk was replaced 9 minutes before the 4 hour deadline... interesting.

Also, weird thing happened last night, i was happily reinstalling an OS when it failed to reboot and locked me out of all functions saying an intervention was in progress - this was at 1651.

then at 1923 i received an email saying the motherboard had to be replaced and the server was back up and running.

Just all seems rather strange to me.

Anyway, thanks for your input and ill pray I dont need to call upon support anytime soon.

gigabit
09-01-2010, 19:26
This is where OVH goes all funny. The website basically lies, and unless your server is completely offline then you won't get a refund. For some reason a "faulty component" doesnt class for a "faulty component" unless its breaks the entire server. More deception from OVH here... By all means try and get a refund, but good luck.

darkfyre
09-01-2010, 14:40
Hi, I was just hoping for others to say if I understand OVH's support policy correctly or not.

I ordered an OVH BestOF server, over a kimsufi for the better support.

Well the 1st disk in the server is bad according to my SMART tests. I opened a hardware fault ticket and understood the following to be true:

Level 1
(Unavailable server, faulty component)
- Intervention (GTI) 1 hour
- Repair (GTR) 4 hours

Basically - they would ack it within 1 hour and fix it within 4 hours.... well im about to be in my 4th hour and nothing has happened.... so will i get the 5% Refund per delayed hour as it says on the 'Penalties in case of non compliance with guarantees' section.

Or like the 1 hour setup time, have i completely misunderstood the support also ?