OVH Community, your new community space.

Poor Speeds/Routing to UK ISP Xilo

Neil
11-01-2010, 17:32
Hi

Got it now thanks

unclebob
11-01-2010, 17:22
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Nothing from you, can you try another email account?
Done. Sent from Google Apps this time.

Neil
11-01-2010, 17:19
Nothing from you, can you try another email account?

unclebob
11-01-2010, 16:59
Just sent again to customersupport@ovh.co.uk

I really appreciate the help, Neil. Thanks

Neil
11-01-2010, 16:53
Hi

Haven't seen the email, if not send again for the attention of me. It should go via Linx like everything else, I will see what we can do.

unclebob
11-01-2010, 16:40
Thanks for responding so quickly, Neil.

Speeds are not always 150KB/s and vary quite a bit, though they never rise above 250KB/s on a single thread. Ever since I have had Xilo as my ISP, this has been the case. I must stress that connectivity is a perfect 500KB/s to every other (non-OVH) location, so I think it is unlikely Xilo is at fault. Furthermore, traceroutes from my ADSL line -> OVH show a different route - one that does not go over Global Crossing transit - and I can supply a traceroute if required. Also, I've emailed you my IP.

Thanks

Neil
11-01-2010, 15:14
Hi

I have spoken to the network team, and we just need to more things, is it all the time at this speed (or not) and also what is your IP (You can send this in an email if you want).

unclebob
11-01-2010, 13:53
I am getting poor speeds (approximately 150KB/s downstream) from all OVH servers, including ftp.ovh.net. For other servers in Europe I am getting my full line speed of 500KB/s. My theory is that speeds would improve if traffic went through LINX instead of Global Crossing transit links. This would also save OVH a bit of cash

My server --> My ADSL line

Code:
*snip*
If anyone else happens to have an internet connection through Xilo / Uno in the UK, please let me know if you also have poor speeds.

Any chance someone from OVH could have a look at the routing?

EDIT: Connections are now being routed via LINX instead of over transit and I am getting my full line speed! Many thanks to Neil and the networking team for optimising the routes