OVH Community, your new community space.

FreeBSD Information Request

andmed
13-02-2011, 15:03
Anyone tried with OpenBSD? It uses another notation. I Tried both, wd0 and wd4, both failed...

ashp
14-01-2010, 16:00
You can just install a clean copy of FreeBSD over the vKVM if you want. I posted a thread previously with instructions! It boils down to changing /etc/fstab at the end to move from ad0 to ad4 depending on what hardware you have.

If you have freebsd installed check dmesg, find your disks then install over the vKVM then manually change /etc/fstab by using the repair console option off the CD and then chroot to the mounted filesystem, vi /etc/fstab and change ad0 to ad4 and reboot.

Tada, clean install. You can also use 'mfsbsd' if you want zfs. I used this to install a clean 8.0 machine that boots off zfs!

darkfyre
11-01-2010, 18:44
Hi

I was wondering if one of the forum support staff could point me in the direction of the patch OVH runs on the FreeBSD 8.0 install.

Im having real problems locating all your changes to the default FreeBSD8.0 install - everytime I think I found them all, i come across more.

Or if you have a list of all changes made to the stock FreeBSD8.0 install, this would be very helpful.

Kind regards