OVH Community, your new community space.

network configuration per user

Kitty
15-01-2010, 11:22
[edit]

Ooops - You're talking about Windows! I posted for Linux - Sorry

[/edit]

gangsta
14-01-2010, 18:47
So, to have two users running on separate IPs under Windows the only way is to build up 2 vpses on Proxmox? I guess that's the only way when you need to have windows installed. Is it?

So, I'm asking again: Is it possible to add routing to IP failover for specific port under Windows? Let's say I know that app1.exe is using port XXXX and I want any outgoing and incomig traffic to be presented as IP failover. Is this possible?
I may add second IP to network interface through local newtork settings, but would I be able to use it anyway?

Second question (as I don't want to create new topic):

PRO servers with Windows come with RAID-1 (mirroring) by default, no RAID-0 available for windows install. Is here any software that I can run e.g. via vKVM and split second drive from RAID-1 array as I don't need mirroring and doubles space would be more desired or I need to send a ticket and technician will spit array in BIOS? Has anyone tried sth similar?

IainK
14-01-2010, 14:00
You might be able to achieve that if all the applications user 2 is using are set up to use a proxy server that is running on the failover IP.

However I think that all outgoing traffic is reported as the primary server IP due to the way the failover IP is routed on top of the primary IP.

Razakel
14-01-2010, 13:52
Quote Originally Posted by gangsta
I mean that server would be used as desktop computer in RDP administrative mode and I want to know if I may set network like all the traffic from user1 shows and identifies him outside as server IP and all the traffic from user2 shows as second IP. In other words user1 would be viewable from outside as IP_1 and user2 as IP_2.
It's similiar to have 2 vpses with different IP's, but I want to know if it's possible to set different IP's per user basics inside Windows Server structure.
If it's not possible how to set the rule for specified apps to be viewable from outside as IP_2?
No, you can't do that.

gangsta
13-01-2010, 23:12
I mean that server would be used as desktop computer in RDP administrative mode and I want to know if I may set network like all the traffic from user1 shows and identifies him outside as server IP and all the traffic from user2 shows as second IP. In other words user1 would be viewable from outside as IP_1 and user2 as IP_2.
It's similiar to have 2 vpses with different IP's, but I want to know if it's possible to set different IP's per user basics inside Windows Server structure.
If it's not possible how to set the rule for specified apps to be viewable from outside as IP_2?

Paw-Fox
13-01-2010, 22:53
No, you cannot define a IP to user to the best of my knowledge.

Just tell him to bind the program to the second IP address.

Razakel
13-01-2010, 21:07
What do you actually mean by that?

If you mean setting up IIS so User 1 has a dedicated IP of 1.2.3.1 and User 2 has a dedicated IP of 1.2.3.2, then that's doable. Is that what you mean?

gangsta
13-01-2010, 20:52
Hi!
As I can't find anything about that, I'm asking here.
Is it possible to set two different network confings for two windows users at the same windows server 2003 install?
An example:
user1 is using server IP
user2 is using IP failover

Thanks in advance.