OVH Community, your new community space.

gateway question

elvis1
22-01-2010, 03:11
I dont think so

Ashley
22-01-2010, 00:43
Quote Originally Posted by elvis1
Do you have a HG box? If you do then it will be easier and better just to purchase additional bandwidth due to the SLA.

elvis1
21-01-2010, 16:28
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Brazil maybe soon, best to keep an eye on ovh.pt for news...
2012 or 2011?

thanks

elvis1
21-01-2010, 16:28
not all of them

http://www.ovh.co.uk/products/hg_2010_ssd.xml

Ashley
21-01-2010, 13:55
No matter how many RPS's you have set up acting as load balancers/cache servers - your dedi still only has an 100mbps nic

Neil
21-01-2010, 10:43
also: does brazil have the capability of selling servers? thanks in advance
Brazil maybe soon, best to keep an eye on ovh.pt for news...

elvis1
21-01-2010, 06:33
yeah: dedi would only have access to RPS's. RPS's to the inet.

so there woud be a private connection between dedi and rps. dedi would process the instructions needed to the RPS and RPS will face the web and do such job. once done the RPS should send results to the dedi. I think that would be inbound.

also: does brazil have the capability of selling servers? thanks in advance

derchris
21-01-2010, 02:26
Incoming/Outgoing traffic?
Not sure what you are looking for, but sounds like Load balancing.

elvis1
17-01-2010, 02:56
another question: do you guys have idea how to route traffic so that each RPS handles a determined bandwidth ?

thanks

elvis1
16-01-2010, 14:48
Quote Originally Posted by NickW
Yes, I have thought of this before but kept quiet. RPS set up fees though . There is no technical reason why it shouldn't work. RPS is unmetered as well, not a 5TB cap.

Remember though when doing this you are getting the equivalent of a 100Mbps half duplex unmetered, not full duple unmetered, since any out going data on the RPS's port will also me incoming at the same time.

I need mostly download traffic and could do only French traffic, which would not impact on OVH on this way, right?

At this moment the setup fees keep me away and I need some dough to make this possble, as well as knowledge :P. ( I am a poor student like Razakel )

Razakel: I will investigate if it would work or not and report back

gigabit
16-01-2010, 14:45
If you want to route traffic to your dedi through the rps, wouldnt a proxy be what you need? Like haproxy...

NickW
16-01-2010, 08:54
Yes, I have thought of this before but kept quiet. RPS set up fees though . There is no technical reason why it shouldn't work. RPS is unmetered as well, not a 5TB cap.

Remember though when doing this you are getting the equivalent of a 100Mbps half duplex unmetered, not full duple unmetered, since any out going data on the RPS's port will also me incoming at the same time.

Razakel
15-01-2010, 23:30
Many thanks Razakel! I recall Dr Myatu mentioning an app called glusterFS. would it be handy for this?
Not sure, to be honest. It probably is, it really depends how your application is built and how you want to go about doing it.

RPS have a 5 TB cap, right? Do French ones havee the same? I can do only French based traffic if that would help.

Thanks in adance
I don't know, actually. It does say on the site "Unlimited 100Mbps connection" and there's no mention of the 10Mbps throttle like on the other servers.

Perhaps the idea is that an RPS can't push *that* much data because of the slow disk?

elvis1
15-01-2010, 22:27
Many thanks Razakel! I recall Dr Myatu mentioning an app called glusterFS. would it be handy for this?

Also:
RPS have a 5 TB cap, right? Do French ones havee the same? I can do only French based traffic if that would help.

Thanks in adance

Razakel
15-01-2010, 22:00
Yeah, there's no reason why you couldn't do that.

elvis1
15-01-2010, 21:29
I was wondering if an rps could be used as a ''bandwidth gateway'' if hooked to a dedi.

Fact is that I need to run an application that eats lots of BW. So I thught of: having a powerful dedi that processes the archiving of the results ( she would do the nasty job ) and the RPS's would be ones that communicate mainly with the InternetS.

So: the dedi would send a processed query and the RPS will only be the gateway and after this happens the result must be sentback to the dedi. So the RPS would use Public and will communcate with a private connection with the dedi.

This is a hypothetical situation as RPS's have the funny fee which make them unpayable.

Also: does someone know if Brazil is ready to order from?

I know I am not being very clear , sorry for that ( I a a bit tired at the time being :S).

Thanks in advance