OVH Community, your new community space.

OVH geographic availability policy.

eliminator
24-05-2008, 20:51
Thanks Andy and oles for the kind reply.

I wish all the best to OVH and it's plan to "conquer the world" (hehe, just kidding , I meant expanding ), but I do have doubts of an entry in the Italian's business, just because I think it will be almost impossible to offer the same things here in Italy (bandwidth and speed). I'm sure OVH will be successful also here (are you guys really coming in Italy in 1-2 months?!), but I don't think you'll be able to offer the same bandwidth and net speed here.

Unfortunately our "Internet structure" is not that technological, and I think it will be very difficult to offer 100Mbits or more per client.
The providers that we have here (Telecom Italia, Wind-Infostrada, Tiscali, ecc...) can't even provide a decent stable net connection at their declared speeds. In fact they offer things that they can't even give (as rated download speeds), just because the infrastructure are obsolete and would be very expensive to upgrade, so I don't know how OVH will be dealing with that.
Providers that offer fast reliable fiber connections are just a few (Fastweb ad example), but their network is limited to certain areas.

These consideration are taken if OVH wants to open a new datacenter in Italy...if instead you'll "just enable" your current plans also for Italy (having the servers and all the structure wherever it is now)...then go for it, I'll probably be one of your clients!

I really do hope to see OVH, with the same offers (in terms of cost, server hardware and bandwidth served) that they are giving in certain EU countries,
(Not to mention that if you'll do offer the same type of plans you'll just wipe away the competition hands down!)

Regards
eliminator

P.S. Please confirm: OVH is really going to offer plans also in Italy?

oles@ovh.net
24-05-2008, 17:20
eliminator a écrit:
>
> Hi there.
> I?m an Italian resident in Italy (so Eu country ), and I am pretty

we are working on IT. in 1-2 months we should start.

Andy
24-05-2008, 17:18
The reason for the restriction is because OVH only like to sell to countries they can guarantee a good service to. They have a vast european network so they mostly sell to european countries. They're always expanding so I expect eventually they will be able to sell to most countries in the world!

eliminator
24-05-2008, 15:43
Hi there.
I’m an Italian resident in Italy (so Eu country ), and I am pretty said that I can’t use any of OVH services (dedicated servers in my case), so I wanted to ask you the reason of this policy.
I am pretty sure that you are losing a lot of potential clients (so income money), and can’t really understand this choice. So might I ask you the reason of this?
Can’t at least all EU residents utilize your offers? Aren’t any exception to these rules?

I’m sorry if I bothered you with these questions.

Best regards
eliminator