OVH Community, your new community space.

All my IP's blacklisted

Myatu
05-02-2010, 07:56
It's indeed a bit of an issue because in the past OVH hasn't given this as much attention as they should have, and this has built up to become an "IP Ghetto". Just look at http://www.spamhaus.org/statistics/networks.lasso for example.

For this reason I'm so glad that Oles has decided to block port 25 by default on the cloud, and I hope he'll keep it that way once it's out of beta. Just insist people sign up for a separate contractual obligation if they want to use port 25, simple as that...

So... Do a bit of searching on it before you use it for a mail server. You can also e-mail the blacklist provider(s) and ask for the IP to be removed (like here: http://www.spamhaus.org/lookup.lasso).

DigitalDaz
05-02-2010, 00:31
Yep, I can do all that it was the quick fix I want to get mail flowing.

I know the system is fine, its a KVM from a server I had with Hetzner that ran fine for months, I move it to OVH and bang, thats it, problems!

HandsomeChap
04-02-2010, 21:36
you can usually get your IP removed from spam lists, just make sure your setup isnt compromised because they are generally much less lenient (spelling?) on repeatedly removing IPs. Some spam lists also tell you the exact reason why you have been listed, often with the last date a spam email was sent to one of their spam traps, etc, so you will be able to tell whether you're IP was blocked before you had that IP or after.

MicroChip123
04-02-2010, 20:21
Same here for a fallover ip.
Shame i cant delete it or swap it for another ip

I have learnt my lesson i now google the fallover ip before i get them.

DigitalDaz
04-02-2010, 19:38
Hi all,

I'm gonna have a dig around about this but maybe someone will provide an answer first.

On one of my boxes the primary IP and all of the failovers are all on one blacklist or another. I have exchange server on the box for a very low volume setup, it is certainly not me that has blacklisted them.

I'm now finding mail not being delivered to virgin.net and sky.com. I just have to get these emails flowing.

Does OVH allow us to use an smtp relay of theirs for outbound mail and if so whether it is reliable and how to configure it?

TIA

Daz