OVH Community, your new community space.

Ovh smtp

Neil
10-02-2010, 10:55
ns0.ovh.net is for our customers who use our webmail or general email/hosting services. So if you have hosting or an MX Plan you could use it to send emails. But as Andy said, it is a lot easier to use your server to send the emails via phpmail or SMTP.

Andy
09-02-2010, 19:46
Lol, nah, but I have done this for friends that I've known for years and I know I can trust, but I don't go about offering it to any old man and his dog

AndiTails
09-02-2010, 19:45
Ha ha, do I have to take you out to dinner first?

Andy
09-02-2010, 19:41
If I knew you I'd offer to set up a temporary relay server but I can't risk it in case it gets black listed. Nothing against you personally, but I'm just careful like that!

AndiTails
09-02-2010, 19:40
(double post)

AndiTails
09-02-2010, 19:39
Pity,
Will sort it on the new server instead lol

Andy
09-02-2010, 19:33
Ah right. I assume you would have to purchase mail accounts from OVH. It would be simpler to simply reconfigure your mail server being totally honest.

AndiTails
09-02-2010, 19:29
Perhaps I should rephrase
How do I get an account to log into ns0?
I know the forum can do it. Just don't know login details.

Andy
09-02-2010, 19:05
Forums will have an authentication feature built in. phpBB3 does, and supports both SMTP auth and POP before SMTP.

AndiTails
09-02-2010, 18:03
Hey all,

sendmail on my server is misbehaving, so I've lost phpmail() support on my forums I host, so I was hoping as a quick fix to move over to SMTP for notification mailings.
As my server is slowly falling over (I'm going to purchase a new dedi this weekend and do a transfer), I wanted a temp solution of sending out the emails to my users of SMTP?
(And no, I don't want to install mail/smtp on the server - it's working in a very streamlined configuration at the mo!)

I found this in help:
To send the email via ns0.ovh.net, you must:

Either to get connected to pop3/imap server before using SMTP (OPEN-SMTP),
or use SMTP-AUTH.
So how do I get a mail login so my site can send out some mails?

Thanks all!