OVH Community, your new community space.

Consumed bandwidth this month vs remaining bandwidth

Dave
12-02-2010, 00:29
For a second I thought I couldn't add up when I saw mine:

But that seems to clear it up, 1+ on the more detailed informative section for bandwidth.

Andy
11-02-2010, 11:13
By unlimited I meant you don't impose any limits on usage per server, and by free I meant there are no costs per Mbps used, but either way as you said it does cost to some extent.

Are there any ETA's on when this will be done?

Neil
11-02-2010, 11:11
Hi

The plan is to spilt the consumed into two so it has internal and external.

It does not include the peering network, once it goes onto the peering network it is then counted, and peering networks are not completely free or unlimited. We do have overhead costs for the routers and fibre which we have to get more of when usage increases...

Andy
11-02-2010, 10:59
I see. It may be worth providing a more descriptive label for that! It's quite confusing.

I can't see how I've used that much internally either :S You sure it doesn't include peering in that amount, given that it's unlimited and free?

Neil
11-02-2010, 10:56
Hi Andy

There is a simple reason for that, they are both correct.

You have consumed 1.18TB but that includes external + internal.

The Remaining this month is what you have left externally. So outside of OVH's Network you have used around 480GB and about another 600GB within OVH's Network which is not included.

Andy
11-02-2010, 10:28
What's going on with this display in the manager? Ever since it has been implemented it's never appeared to work properly.

Network Connection : 100Mbps
Monthly traffic : 3.00 TiB per month
Reinitialisation : 2010-03-01
Consumed this month : 1.18 TiB
Remaining this month : 2.58 TiB
Forgive me if I'm wrong but 3.00 - 1.18 doesn't equal 2.58...