OVH Community, your new community space.

ovh Bandwidth Prices just doubled? (2/15)

Nuend0
17-02-2010, 20:30
I've only got 1 server just now whilst working on a few projects but once they complete I expect to need between 4-7.
Looking at this thread (along with the others on this forum) showing disgusting customer service, apparent flaunting of their own T&C's as well as British trading laws, I'll seriously be looking for an alternative provider when the time comes.

turbanator
17-02-2010, 18:22
Quote Originally Posted by Myatu
It doesn't apply to just someone's particular server. What I quoted was "The Supplier reserves the right at any time and from time to time to amend, improve or correct the Services, Software and/or Hardware (or any part thereof)" and came directly from the General T&C's, not the special conditions specific to dedicated servers; So that particular paragraph applies to all OVH's services, software and hardware that the customer has agreed to use.

Also, the additional traffic is not a new product, but an existing one that also forms an integral part of other existing services/products/hardware (in other words: OVH cannot sell traffic as a stand-alone product), so you "amdend, improve or correct"-ed a product.

But regardless of all that, it's boils down to customer courtesy and the solution is really easy to solve: A 30-day notice period. That's all. It gives you and the other branches time to translate Oles' message, get yourself updated on the new changes and plenty of time to send out e-mails to the customers. Honestly, is that such a high price to pay for keeping people happy?
this is OVH, what do you expect from a guy who keeps posting messages in french even after he is told not to as this is a UK forum, a simple thing like that cannot be taken into consideration by the staff or Oles himself. The ego of being french is always there and will exist..even though they fail to notice the world doesn't care. :P

Myatu
17-02-2010, 15:43
Quote Originally Posted by Marks
what the T&C refer to contact by email on changes to your particular server (i.e.: we ever have to change the hardware,...). In that case, you'd be contacted.
It doesn't apply to just someone's particular server. What I quoted was "The Supplier reserves the right at any time and from time to time to amend, improve or correct the Services, Software and/or Hardware (or any part thereof)" and came directly from the General T&C's, not the special conditions specific to dedicated servers; So that particular paragraph applies to all OVH's services, software and hardware that the customer has agreed to use.

Also, the additional traffic is not a new product, but an existing one that also forms an integral part of other existing services/products/hardware (in other words: OVH cannot sell traffic as a stand-alone product), so you "amdend, improve or correct"-ed a product.

But regardless of all that, it's boils down to customer courtesy and the solution is really easy to solve: A 30-day notice period. That's all. It gives you and the other branches time to translate Oles' message, get yourself updated on the new changes and plenty of time to send out e-mails to the customers. Honestly, is that such a high price to pay for keeping people happy?

IainK
17-02-2010, 14:36
Changes that are this drastic a.k.a. changing 10TB from £60 to £149.99 should be getting emailed to us; in advance too! There should be an option in the manager for us to define contacts for this such as e-mail and sms.

marks
17-02-2010, 13:59
what the T&C refer to contact by email on changes to your particular server (i.e.: we ever have to change the hardware,...). In that case, you'd be contacted.

For changes on the services/products that you would get in the future, we'll try to improve communication as much as we can. For the email notification, we'll be pass on to headquarters as we always do to be developed. But it doesn't depend on us. But we understand the advantages of it and we'll definitely be proposing as an interesting development.

Myatu
17-02-2010, 12:14
Quote Originally Posted by Marks
We'll keep on trying to have you updated with as much time and details as possible.
And per e-mail, please?

marks
17-02-2010, 10:54
we are aware that there have been quite a lot of changes in the last months and it's difficult to keep pace with them, but that shouldn't be the rule to keep on changing things. The traffic limitation is something quite new and just had to adjust the offers.

At least we don't bill per GB like other providers! and the price is quite in the line with other providers (some feedback here from you would be very interesting)

We'll keep on trying to have you updated with as much time and details as possible.

ITEXPERTS
16-02-2010, 22:25
Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpeeds
I am sick of having to look on the forums for updates, network upgrades, or prices being changed - you constantly disregard your own t&c's.

200 customers from random my ass - you have 70k - try a bigger selection or as suggested, sell in 1TB blocks.
Couldn't agree more with you..

They must have selected 200 seedboxes or similar stuff.

RapidSpeeds
16-02-2010, 17:36
I am sick of having to look on the forums for updates, network upgrades, or prices being changed - you constantly disregard your own t&c's.

200 customers from random my ass - you have 70k - try a bigger selection or as suggested, sell in 1TB blocks.

bsdMan
16-02-2010, 16:33
If they need to raise their prices, i guess it has to be done. Its their call.

but hey ovh, how about letting us buy traffic in 1TB increments now? its ~ 35 GBP to get 100mbit services back bc you have to buy 2 TB, when it seems you can just get a new server for 24 GBP, with 3tb of BW. and wait it out.

i just think you could still sell ALOT of 1tb blocks.

thanks

Andy
15-02-2010, 22:55
"Apparently they did send out e-mails but they were black listed so just got caught in junk mail filters..." - OVH Lawyers

Good excuse me thinks?!

turbanator
15-02-2010, 20:43
yeah regarding US they do this to their customers they are very well on their path to becoming sued big time

Myatu
15-02-2010, 18:44
3.2 The Supplier reserves the right at any time and from time to time to amend, improve or correct the Services, Software and/or Hardware (or any part thereof) ... The Supplier
shall give reasonable notice of such modification by email.
Hmm... Forum = e-mail? Reasonable notice = 3 days? I wouldn't pull that trick in the USA, if I were you

marks
15-02-2010, 17:55
yes, unfortunately the prices were updated not too long ago:

http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3525

bsdMan
15-02-2010, 17:46
I went to order some more bandwidth on one of my servers that was just about out.

and the order kept coming up for 35 GBP with vat, vs the normal 17 GBP.

also the website shows 1tb / 14.90 and i could have swore it used to say 2tb /14.90

am i dreaming? or could we just buy 1TB in the past?

anyone confirm this or am i just crazy??

tks