OVH Community, your new community space.

So.. IP Prices went down.

maybars
10-03-2010, 15:53
Quote Originally Posted by RichardWnl
It's not fun anymore to be an OVH customer. It's getting frustrating.
Totally agree with you.

I have been thinking same since new server ranges and policies came up at August 2009. I really don't know how to thank OVH because of price revisions of Ripe IPs. I have already paid 3 x 60 EUR (180 EUR) for 3 blocks of 16 Ripe IPs. Now I see that it could cost just 66 EUR for total 3 blocks of 16 Ripe IPs. I really don't know what to say anymore.

I have been working with OVH since 2007 I have never seen that situation is going worse day by day. Besides, although they increase the prices it seems the lower support that I get. My problems started to being solved in 15 days. For example again, I couldn't get any response from them for 5 hours from now on. Surprise! It is not a software based or anything else contact request. I have ordered Superplan SSD and my order is waiting for 17 hours.

As I mentioned before, I really don't know what to say anymore. They have increased prices even so crisis and made really hard to order or use new servers. However, even after all, we continued to support OVH and use services from them. I really would like quote this again:

robcortez1787
01-03-2010, 19:51
that's a great bargain, as long as it's not that High anymore. It's more pricey from the previous.

It's better that it went down though crisis is raising around.

ITEXPERTS
01-03-2010, 18:58
OVH Does not really care about long term customers ... that's it now.

IainK
01-03-2010, 14:36
I think this price change is pretty ludicrous especially without any official contact in regards to this. I was going to order a Ripe IP block for use on VPS's but it's just not cost effective to setup any more.

Iray
28-02-2010, 22:54
Champagne, oui?
lmfao. that one is not going to die out anytime soon.

Neil
24-02-2010, 09:38
I first asked a question here before buying 256 IPs:
http://forums.ovh.co.uk/showpost.php...3&postcount=29

Waited for the answer.. and than was going to order.. but noticed a price increase of 200 Euros.

Instead of ignoring you could get in contact
Sorry, I think your question got missed in that rather detailed thread.

If you order a RIPE Block and spilt them into FailOver IPs, you keep the netname and description.

RichardWnl
24-02-2010, 09:18
I first asked a question here before buying 256 IPs:
http://forums.ovh.co.uk/showpost.php...3&postcount=29

Waited for the answer.. and than was going to order.. but noticed a price increase of 200 Euros.

Instead of ignoring you could get in contact

RichardWnl
23-02-2010, 15:53
Quote Originally Posted by fozle
If you're aware of all the factors involved in the decision, it's not insane at all. Out of interest, how much could you get a RIPE block of the same size for elswhere?
It has nothing to do with a normal price change. You guys tripled the price.

And it's not just this.. setup fees (because we are hackers? - just another way to make more money.)

Doubled the price for Additional Bandwidth
Tripled the price for 256 IPs
Bandwidth Limits
Slow Speeds on 1 Gbps servers.

Prices are getting higher and higher. And you do nothing for long term customers. I thought more times about leaving OVH, but I stayed and paid the setup fees etc.... But now you charge 200+ Euros more for 256 IPs.
It's 200 EUROS.. thats not a small amount.

fozl
23-02-2010, 15:33
OVH

You tripled the price for 256 IPs...
This is insane..
If you're aware of all the factors involved in the decision, it's not insane at all. Out of interest, how much could you get a RIPE block of the same size for elswhere?

RichardWnl
23-02-2010, 15:22
OVH

You tripled the price for 256 IPs...
This is insane..

elvis1
22-02-2010, 17:24
Quote Originally Posted by Myatu
It gets sent to NATO? Well, I must say you're taking it a bit too serious

Kidding aside, "that's gay" is a fairly common expression in US English, and similar to a "pack of fags" in UK English, it has no reference to someone's sexual orientation (which, by the way, is none of my business so I don't care what it is).

These subtle differences is something that OVH will need to be aware of when you welcome US and Canadian clients (in fact, given that I'm more used to US English, I initially found your response to RapidSpeeds offensive, Fozle).

As a side note, while we're on the topic of this, the 2nd most common language in the US is Spanish - will the ES branch prepared to deal with US customers, as well as the subtle difference between US / Latino Spanish and European Spanish (I mean, "carajo" has a totally different [and offensive] meaning in US / Latino Spanish than in Europe).

It would be more worthwhile your efforts if these "overlords" actually did something with them, or at the very least acknowledge them, because a lot of the same issues keep recurring.
Indeed myatu and I know ( yo se) the meaning ( que significa) of (de) "carajo" in (en) every place (cualquier lugar) and (y) in (en) every sense ( cualquier sentido).

carajo down here ( latam) : not generally used in a particular way of being offensive just of protesting when something comes out in a way you would not like. It would be like crap. You would not say a person you are crap. You would probably say you are a pece of sh ( which could be also used for an object)

au revoir mon ami ( champagne)

Myatu
22-02-2010, 16:44
If someone reports an offensive post I'm notified directly here at my console in the strategic command centre for Europe and the North Atlantic.
It gets sent to NATO? Well, I must say you're taking it a bit too serious

Kidding aside, "that's gay" is a fairly common expression in US English, and similar to a "pack of fags" in UK English, it has no reference to someone's sexual orientation (which, by the way, is none of my business so I don't care what it is).

These subtle differences is something that OVH will need to be aware of when you welcome US and Canadian clients (in fact, given that I'm more used to US English, I initially found your response to RapidSpeeds offensive, Fozle).

As a side note, while we're on the topic of this, the 2nd most common language in the US is Spanish - will the ES branch prepared to deal with US customers, as well as the subtle difference between US / Latino Spanish and European Spanish (I mean, "carajo" has a totally different [and offensive] meaning in US / Latino Spanish than in Europe).

The thoughts and opinions posted on the forum are forwarded-on on a weekly basis, we trawl through all your posts and dutifully report the buzz on the boards to our overlords.
It would be more worthwhile your efforts if these "overlords" actually did something with them, or at the very least acknowledge them, because a lot of the same issues keep recurring.

fozl
22-02-2010, 14:51
Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpeeds
For the record, I find it funny how you read this whole topic, and that's the only thing you seen - totally avoiding what the customers are saying as per usual..
If someone reports an offensive post I'm notified directly here at my console in the strategic command centre for Europe and the North Atlantic.
The thoughts and opinions posted on the forum are forwarded-on on a weekly basis, we trawl through all your posts and dutifully report the buzz on the boards to our overlords.

Personally I don't like to post unless I have something constructive to say, however I don't think the price change is in anticipation of US / CA customers to be honest, and most customers wanting to buy a few extra IPs now get a better deal. If you need large blocks you probably would consider the larger block prices quite reasonable in comparison to the market, but if not by all means shout about it, we are listening.

RapidSpeeds
22-02-2010, 14:20
For the record, I find it funny how you read this whole topic, and that's the only thing you seen - totally avoiding what the customers are saying as per usual..

RapidSpeeds
22-02-2010, 14:19
If you have something against gay people RapidSpeeds, we would not like to hear about it here. Future posts like this will have to be deleted.
wtf.. tell me that's just your sense of humour?

because..

1) gay = happy.
2) my lil bro is gay.
3) the person I run my network with is gay.

So if they don't take it personally, I fail to see why you should...

fozl
22-02-2010, 09:11
twitter.... don't me laugh, what a gay principle - in my eyes, it's social networking for people who have no friends, but want to talk about themselves instead :P
If you have something against gay people RapidSpeeds, we would not like to hear about it here. Future posts like this will have to be deleted.

unclebob
21-02-2010, 11:23
So is the 15 "professional use" charge still applicable? If so, I'd prefer higher one-off IP charges with no monthly fee. I really cannot see how OVH can justify this cost... Oles?

Nettus
21-02-2010, 00:54
Looks intresting, Will you be shipping the servers over to there and have ovh install them or are you taking them over yourself?

Wounder in time to come if ovh will offer colo in the uk too

lmao - thanks for the heads up Myatu! You always make me laugh

Problem is, I have several small business contracts, and alot of happy non-business customers who would not mind switching to ovh colo, so at the end of the day, it's a 12month contract with OVH which I am sure they will be happy about - it's guaranteed money for them.

Flying to france is cheap with easyjet, plus we have our grandparents home in France we can use as french address - I have been keeping a keen eye on OVH colo and it hasn't changed.

http://www.ovh.com/fr/housing/locati....xml?step=tech

We only want a half rack to begin with, and if all goes well, we will need about5/6 racks with our current consumer base and anticipated sales.

You got MSN Myatu?

RapidSpeeds
20-02-2010, 23:57
Hey, that's what my psychiatrist said too!
lmfao

How so? Is this something we would be able to talk about via MSN? (not spam)

Myatu
20-02-2010, 23:37
it's social networking for people who have no friends, but want to talk about themselves instead
Hey, that's what my psychiatrist said too! But for you Twitter could be a bit of a money maker if you play it right (that is: not spam).

RapidSpeeds
20-02-2010, 23:31
Quote Originally Posted by derchris
Where do you get the hardware from ?
various places.. I been reselling since 2005 for this Profit won't rip the OVH customers off, rather give you guys no setup fee's again on low-end servers if it all works out to plan

RapidSpeeds
20-02-2010, 23:29
twitter.... don't me laugh - in my eyes, it's social networking for people who have no friends, but want to talk about themselves instead :P

Myatu
20-02-2010, 23:14
I had MSN... Well, probably still have but not using it anymore Try twitter @myatu

derchris
20-02-2010, 23:11
Where do you get the hardware from ?

RapidSpeeds
20-02-2010, 22:44
Ah, just wait. A week from now those prices will have changed again, and everyone will once again be left wondering because no one was informed in a reasonable time.

They way it's been going, I wouldn't even trust OVH's co-location services. By the time you've traveled from London to Paris, the person at the security desk will say "Oh, but OVH has moved co-location operations to Marseille". And by the time you reach Marseille, it'll be "Sorry, we had to increase our prices by 200% because we were undersold". And if you dare to say "But, a few hours ago it was cheaper and you were still in Paris!!" -- "Ah, but you're not French so you do not understand. Champagne, oui?"

Sorry, but I'm getting really irritated by this cr@p... If you couldn't tell!
lmao - thanks for the heads up Myatu! You always make me laugh

Problem is, I have several small business contracts, and alot of happy non-business customers who would not mind switching to ovh colo, so at the end of the day, it's a 12month contract with OVH which I am sure they will be happy about - it's guaranteed money for them.

Flying to france is cheap with easyjet, plus we have our grandparents home in France we can use as french address - I have been keeping a keen eye on OVH colo and it hasn't changed.

http://www.ovh.com/fr/housing/locati....xml?step=tech

We only want a half rack to begin with, and if all goes well, we will need about5/6 racks with our current consumer base and anticipated sales.

You got MSN Myatu?

Myatu
20-02-2010, 22:18
Ah, just wait. A week from now those prices will have changed again, and everyone will once again be left wondering because no one was informed in a reasonable time.

They way it's been going, I wouldn't even trust OVH's co-location services. By the time you've traveled from London to Paris, the person at the security desk will say "Oh, but OVH has moved co-location operations to Marseille". And by the time you reach Marseille, it'll be "Sorry, we had to increase our prices by 200% because we were undersold". And if you dare to say "But, a few hours ago it was cheaper and you were still in Paris!!" -- "Ah, but you're not French so you do not understand. Champagne, oui?"

Sorry, but I'm getting really irritated by this cr@p... If you couldn't tell!

ITEXPERTS
20-02-2010, 20:16
Another price change structure after what you guys with with me regarding the IPs - you couldn't have sold them quick enough! thank-god I will be colocating soon with OVH FR, and won't need to worry about these rip off uk prices or limits normal customers are being charged.

Take it you are just changing price structures without letting the public know in anticipation of selling to the US/CA market...
A + to that. Could not agree more to you.

RapidSpeeds
20-02-2010, 20:14
Another price change structure after what you guys with with me regarding the IPs - you couldn't have sold them quick enough! thank-god we will be colocating soon with OVH FR, and won't need to worry about these rip off uk prices or limits normal customers are being charged.

Take it you are just changing price structures without letting the public know in anticipation of selling to the US/CA market...

ITEXPERTS
20-02-2010, 20:01
Yes,

But still a one time fee though

MicroChip123
20-02-2010, 19:13
Code:
4	5.99 ex. VAT
8	9.99 ex. VAT
16	17.99 ex. VAT
32	34.99 ex. VAT
64	69.99 ex. VAT
128	139.99 ex. VAT 
256	279.99 ex. VAT
512	559.99 ex. VAT
Much more reasonable
Shame you have to pay 15 per month for it.

ITEXPERTS
20-02-2010, 18:07
Great to hear IP prices went down

But would be great to see you OVH emailing us to let us know.

And if they could update the Kimsufi Webistes though..

Prices went down on small blocks but higher blocks seems expensive now.