OVH Community, your new community space.

CA/US/BR - Want to be a customer? Hope your server is legitimate.

Neil
22-02-2010, 16:22
Hi

I have closed this thread because we have not confirmed what the verification will be or how you will order servers from us.

Rilly
22-02-2010, 00:42
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
Truth. I've seen quite a few people have services taken down due to illegal activities. It's a case of hope you don't get caught.
I agree that people will get caught and shutdown.... but going through a reseller shouldn't change that.. Look at the resellers.. half of them have activities that 95% of the time are used for illegal activities by their customers

Winit
21-02-2010, 12:16
Quote Originally Posted by Rilly
I see this as an OVH Reseller Scare tactic
Indeed.

Thankfully the OVH site looks more reputable than a certain persons site

Speedy059
21-02-2010, 10:52
In the US we have more to lose than a dedicated server with OVH. We kind of have to have very strict standards when it comes to content streaming on servers....

Andy
21-02-2010, 10:49
Truth. I've seen quite a few people have services taken down due to illegal activities. It's a case of hope you don't get caught.

elvis1
21-02-2010, 07:06
scare

ITEXPERTS
21-02-2010, 00:56
Not a scare but rather a very bitter truth which will have to accept.

Rilly
20-02-2010, 23:16
I see this as an OVH Reseller Scare tactic... probably see more from other resellers that don't want other locations to be able to order direct from OVH as it cuts into their revenue.

Lilpaul340
20-02-2010, 23:14
What are you trying to say? I don't understand.

RapidSpeeds
20-02-2010, 21:19
Hi potential customers,

I hope you know, by signing up thought OVH's intense selling program, you will need to verify by Letter, SMS and/or anything else OVH can do, including a legitimate Credit/Debit card.

Any Illegal activity what-so-ever, incl. Seedbox/FTP etc, you guys are going to be under severe scrutinization.

I hope every new customer is going legit like most UK customers, otherwise, prepare for a lawsuit

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: OVH has not confirmed what the process will be.

Neil