OVH Community, your new community space.

Cloud : Questions, Suggestions and some feedback ( not a technical approach but just

elvis1
28-02-2010, 07:31
Many thanks as usual Andy!

Andy
25-02-2010, 21:21
Read speed will exceed write speed, but remember the disks are shared on the cloud and not on your dedicated, so that will result in slower speeds. 54Mbps is nothing to complain about however.

MicroChip123
25-02-2010, 18:57
Just done some speed tests.

Cloud to OVH (internal) - 89.28 Mbps

OVH to Cloud (internal) - 54.48 Mbps

why is OVH to Cloud much lower?

Neil
25-02-2010, 18:33
[QUOTE=elvis1;28184]
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Hi

It is a beta to full details are limited, bit on info here http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3388

I have replied to us much of the questions as I can, but we give you more information when we have it. :-)

I meant : once it is rolling and it is out of beta

Thanks again Neil
Regarding that question, currently we limit our dedicated servers to 10Mbps when they go over and on our shared hosting we close the hosting account when it exceeds, so we will most likely roll out something similar.

elvis1
25-02-2010, 18:15
[QUOTE=Neil;28149]Hi

It is a beta to full details are limited, bit on info here http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3388

I have replied to us much of the questions as I can, but we give you more information when we have it. :-)

Its a Beta test so it should not be used for production ;-)

I meant : once it is rolling and it is out of beta

Thanks again Neil

elvis1
25-02-2010, 18:12
Sorry Neil ( ADHD is killing me :S , no sh)

Neil
25-02-2010, 10:33
Quote Originally Posted by elvis1
First of all: Thanks fo the prompt reply.

Now:
1)

If have replied??

English is not my native language and I do not get the meaning of such a phrase. If possible please clarify .

2) The link you sent me does not answer any of my answer. IT only says that almost 45 days ago Oles announced something to be launched ( on Beta) and no one can provide more details than that.

I have used the product myself but I still have questions ( mentioned above).

Many thanks in advance
I have replied to all the questions I could, you need to look under each number.

Razakel
24-02-2010, 21:10

Now:
1)

If have replied??

English is not my native language and I do not get the meaning of such a phrase. If possible please clarify .
It's a typo, he means "I have replied".

elvis1
24-02-2010, 20:08

Now:
1)

If have replied to us much of the questions as I can, but we give you more information when we have it. :-)
If have replied??

2) The link you sent me does not answer any of my answer. IT only says that almost 45 days ago Oles announced something to be launched ( on Beta) and no one can provide more details than that.

I have used the product myself but I still have questions ( mentioned above).

Many thanks in advance

Neil
24-02-2010, 18:46
Hi

Questions:
1) +512 megs (guaranteed assigned amount, do not count swap please):
-Any idea if I can get 512 MB boxes?
-What price does such a service cost? ( 512Megs) ( in case of being able to rent such a thing)
-Whats the BW for such service ( monthly)?
-Do I get a 5 GB HDD as the mini cloud? ( in case of being able to rent such a thing)

The minicloud is going to be priced at £1.99 (at the time of Oles posting)

2)+ Do all mini clouds come with a guaranteed 256MB + swappable RAM from SSD's?

I am just asking ( BTW, works very very nice)

Default beta MiniCloud

# free
total used free shared buffers cached
Mem: 2052992 143828 1909164 0 14804 36840
-/+ buffers/cache: 92184 1960808
Swap: 0 0 0

3)+Why did I subscribe for the mailing list and I got no response at all? Should the email that I signed in be the same as the one related to the nic handle
SOLVED (Myatu)

Yes you need to confirm the email, there are lots of emails on it.

4)+How about a service in which we could adjust our needs via a web "GUI" and have a final price ( apart from the pre -assigned plans)?

Expandable clouds have been mentioned before, we will look into it. With the RPS you can upgrade at anytime if no downtime, so the Clouds will be expendable between the 3 packages.

5) +Core cloud: I love the concept of ( HA: high availability , redundancy and scalability) . But I do not undestand fully what those 9.99 Euros include. I think that the translation is pretty bad sumed up to the fact the English is not my native lang.

I would like to, but I do not get the idea of becoming a reseller ( and how could I possibly explain you when a box that does any type of activity that does not comply with your TOS or that is reported by illegal activity by a third party).

Can I use Virtual MAC addresses so that you already know what is done by me and what it is done by my (potential) clients?

At the moment there is only one IP address and as mentioned the packages are not set, we are still doing a small beta. When we are ready we will announce the full packages.

6)+I did some tests on a mini cloud and I was impressed. I?o was outstanding . Connectiosn to Europe jaw droppers . Connections to the US: not that impressing but I can't yell at the speeds either as :

.they were within a nice range of accepatability ( close to 1MB).
.I has been using an app ( when executing tests) that eats BW which made results not very objective.

As asked before: do you guys have type of good control when using the VM ESXI of the I/O? I am asking so as I would not like to bother other clients and viceversa.

7)+ Do cloud services come with a (basic) control panel?

You have the control panel in the OVH Manager, which will expand when the packages are launched. You can currently Reboot and Reinstall.

8)+ Would we be able to purchase extra IP's for cloud? Would we be able to assign an IP failover?

Most likely yes, as we offer the service on the RPS.

9)+ETA of cloud services ( not Beta) is about 2 weeks, right? ( as stated by oles)

No news yet, we will let you know.

10)+ Here oles talks about high I/O and/or BW. How can I check if my I?O is hammering your servers? What would be too much BW? Does it count if is 9 to 1 in DL than UL? Does it count whether it is purely French traffic?

COuld I possibly set a number before I reach the limit and request to have my box suspended so I don't have to pay extra?

Its a Beta test so it should not be used for production ;-)
[QUOTE]

elvis1
24-02-2010, 18:25
Questions:
1) +512 megs (guaranteed assigned amount, do not count swap please):
-Any idea if I can get 512 MB boxes?
-What price does such a service cost? ( 512Megs) ( in case of being able to rent such a thing)
-Whats the BW for such service ( monthly)?
-Do I get a 5 GB HDD as the mini cloud? ( in case of being able to rent such a thing)

2)+ Do all mini clouds come with a guaranteed 256MB + swappable RAM from SSD's?

I am just asking ( BTW, works very very nice)

3)+Why did I subscribe for the mailing list and I got no response at all? Should the email that I signed in be the same as the one related to the nic handle
SOLVED (Myatu)

4)+How about a service in which we could adjust our needs via a web "GUI" and have a final price ( apart from the pre -assigned plans)?

5) +Core cloud: I love the concept of ( HA: high availability , redundancy and scalability) . But I do not undestand fully what those 9.99 Euros include. I think that the translation is pretty bad sumed up to the fact the English is not my native lang.

I would like to, but I do not get the idea of becoming a reseller ( and how could I possibly explain you when a box that does any type of activity that does not comply with your TOS or that is reported by illegal activity by a third party).

Can I use Virtual MAC addresses so that you already know what is done by me and what it is done by my (potential) clients?

6)+I did some tests on a mini cloud and I was impressed. I?o was outstanding . Connectiosn to Europe jaw droppers . Connections to the US: not that impressing but I can't yell at the speeds either as :

.they were within a nice range of accepatability ( close to 1MB).
.I has been using an app ( when executing tests) that eats BW which made results not very objective.

As asked before: do you guys have type of good control when using the VM ESXI of the I/O? I am asking so as I would not like to bother other clients and viceversa.

7)+ Do cloud services come with a (basic) control panel?

8)+ Would we be able to purchase extra IP's for cloud? Would we be able to assign an IP failover?

9)+ETA of cloud services ( not Beta) is about 2 weeks, right? ( as stated by oles)

10)+ Here oles talks about high I/O and/or BW. How can I check if my I?O is hammering your servers? What would be too much BW? Does it count if is 9 to 1 in DL than UL? Does it count whether it is purely French traffic?

COuld I possibly set a number before I reach the limit and request to have my box suspended so I don't have to pay extra?