OVH Community, your new community space.

Validation Letter on new server order?

RapidSpeeds
28-02-2010, 22:55
As soon as you buy more than 8 servers (roughly) - you have to validate yourself by postal mail - once you recieve it, you simply input the number into the pre-defined url, and you are sorted.

Don't worry about it, it's to stop fraud - I got mines in 4days, so can't complain.

tallen
28-02-2010, 21:03
Well I validated by SMS and I also had to validate by post on about my 9th server.
The only issue is it came from France airmail and took a few days to arrive. I sorted my customer with another server while he was waiting.

Nuend0
28-02-2010, 13:10
when I signed up in Sep09 for the free setup for reg'd companies after months (yes months) of support emails trying to get signed up, I eventually called and spoke to Neil. Took a few hours to work out that the system wouldn't validate Scottish company numbers (starting SC) even tho it did grab the correct info from companies house.
Then after going thru the order and sms validating I had to do postal validation to confirm company details.
The initial order was on a Thu & when the next Thu came round and still nothing thru I called again.
Turned out they hadn't even sent the letter yet & couldn't give an explanation as to why.
Took until the following Wed for it to arrive (10 working days) so I wouldn't hold out for any quick deliveries if I were you.

stugster
28-02-2010, 11:57
We validated through SMS and post.

To be fair, the post system was very efficient.

inet
28-02-2010, 07:03
i thought validation was via SMS... ?

IainK
28-02-2010, 05:38
I'm sure I remember opting in to do this early on to avoid any delays in future. I'm glad that I did.

Myatu
28-02-2010, 01:31
Didn't you do this verification by SMS? Anyway, it should only be once (and given the royal speed of the Royal Mail, expect it to be 5 business days).

bsdMan
27-02-2010, 23:48
This is new also, both myself and my friend have received notices that OVH will be sending a validation code to my Address on file before processing the order.

So we both have to wait up to 76 hours for this letter to come.

Is this new? anyone else getting this? I last ordered a server last week and did not get this notice. (i have about 50 servers through OVH).

Is this just a one time validation or will i have to do this for each new server ordered?

tks