OVH Community, your new community space.

WHY when ordered NOT successful, still charged

AdamD
20-08-2010, 23:08
I had the same problem as well
I placed an order for one server, it came back as declined, so tried another server, which was also declined.

I decided to go to another host in the USA, then a couple of days later, I got an order/payment confirmation and a server setup email, hehe.

But, they (OVH UK) were kind enough to refund me, thankfully!

Oleg
20-08-2010, 20:19
Quote Originally Posted by MicroChip123
Do you have an arranged overdraft with your bank?
I am not sure what you mean by it, but I am gonna ask my bank to restore my ability to overdraw my account, even if it means that sometimes I will need to pay overdraft fees.

MicroChip123
20-08-2010, 19:57
Do you have an arranged overdraft with your bank?

Oleg
20-08-2010, 18:27
Well, in the past, my bank has allowed me to make purchases that would make my account balance negative. But now the bank doesn't allow it anymore.

LawsHosting
20-08-2010, 18:17
Quote Originally Posted by Oleg
What if my card gets declined 3 times simply because I don't have enough money in my banking account?
Why would anyone order stuff without knowing there will be funds in that account in the first place? Unless of course, there's an overdraft.

Andy
20-08-2010, 17:38
Doubtful, as the same system will probably apply.

Oleg
20-08-2010, 17:37
What if my card gets declined 3 times simply because I don't have enough money in my banking account? If I go to my bank and put enough money into my account, will the card be accepted by OVH after I make a fourth attempt to order a server?

rickyday
02-03-2010, 19:35
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
This is not an OVH issue, rather an issue with the card and/or the banking system OVH uses. If you get an error, try ONCE more to see if it works. If it does not, contact OVH and get them to sort it out. If you try a 3rd time and it is rejected then the card will be blocked and it will require a call to both OVH and your card issuer. Having had this issue myself I can safely say it's the best method.
Andy you sound like a right banker today!

Andy
02-03-2010, 19:07
This is not an OVH issue, rather an issue with the card and/or the banking system OVH uses. If you get an error, try ONCE more to see if it works. If it does not, contact OVH and get them to sort it out. If you try a 3rd time and it is rejected then the card will be blocked and it will require a call to both OVH and your card issuer. Having had this issue myself I can safely say it's the best method.

Razakel
02-03-2010, 18:56
Quote Originally Posted by bsdMan
why put the burden on yoru customers to request a refund when your system says card rejected???
If the billing system says "card rejected" they have no way of knowing whether the payment went through or not, unless you ask someone to manually check.

Neil
02-03-2010, 17:51
Nic Handle or Order number?

I have not seen 100 emails from 1 customer...

bsdMan
02-03-2010, 17:44
this has happed FOUR DIFFERENT TIMES.

my credit is NOT ACCEPTED. THUS THE ORDER IS NOT PROCESSED

BUT it is charged to my CC / bank,

Then i have to email support 100 times NO REPLY still have charge on my account.

this is with 2 different credit cards.

Why charge and not just authorize??

They always say, oh it will refund, on my first i waited 10 days, and then emailed support several times, they finally got it refunded.

why put the burden on yoru customers to request a refund when your system says card rejected???