OVH Community, your new community space.

Are we allowed?

derchris
04-03-2010, 14:50
I could give you some FTP space on the OVH network.
Just let me know if you are interrested.

BenB
04-03-2010, 13:18
Hello,

Add me on msn, i have space at bqbackup.

Iray
04-03-2010, 13:13
Don't have access to the backup service..

Can anyone point me to a good temporary backup service via FTP. I am willing to pay a little for about 24 hours access.

Cheers!

_Lemon_
04-03-2010, 11:55
Quote Originally Posted by Iray
Is it possible to rebuild the server without destroying data on the /home/ partition?
In the past (this may have changed and depends heavily on OVH's set up) I have made some big boo-boos. Normally I reinstall a server with 5GB / and 1G ram (varying depending on the ram) and then install /home later on with my own scripts.

Now, if you get exactly the same partition arrangemet as before (down the last bit) but don't install /home you should just be able to mount it. This has saved my hide a couple of times! However, it really is dependent on OVH's install scheme.

Another option is to boot into rescue mode and install via debootstrap (or whatever your distribution of choice offers). You should then have a foolproof method of keeping the /home providing you don't make a big fat mistake.

fozl
04-03-2010, 11:10
Quote Originally Posted by Iray
Thanks,

Is it possible to rebuild the server without destroying data on the /home/ partition?
I recall this is a feature that's been asked for, however at the moment yes you would lose your data. You could also consider using the ftp backup facility...

Iray
04-03-2010, 11:04
Thanks,

fozl
04-03-2010, 10:27
You are able to upload data to your shared hosting.

For the full T&C check here:
http://www.ovh.co.uk/customerspace/t...RED_SERVER.pdf

Iray
04-03-2010, 10:20
Can we use shared hosting as temporary ftp storage? My server needs to be rebuilt and I have about 5-8GB of data. I need it stored somewhere securely so I can download it when I am finished. Also need it done quickly!

Is this method or practice allowed? Are there any file size limits on the shared hosting?