OVH Community, your new community space.

Thanks OVH

duncanj
05-06-2008, 13:37
Well, on a much more positive note, server arrived today, giving that there is delays, I was prepared and quite content to wait for another 2 / 3 days, I was amazed at the email today .. awesome work OVH ..thanks

jester
04-06-2008, 12:15
lucky you ive been with them 6 weeks and had nothing but six weeks of downtime and server crashes and excuses and more excuses if you want a proper server what works fine ovh is not the place to be

duncanj
03-06-2008, 16:45
Yeah, I was just casually browsing really, not really searching for anything, then just jumped on the end of the thread .. lol

Yeah, I don't mind waiting really, I have heard a lot of positive feedback about here so decided to try them out, this will be the first of a few servers here if everything lives up to the feedback I have had from friends, which I am positive it will

kingofsplooge
03-06-2008, 16:31
No worries dude. I guess I know what I'm looking for straight away, so look for it.

When you get it bud, you know the wait was worth it!

duncanj
03-06-2008, 15:10
Already seen it after I made my first post, info like that should be in announcements, or at the least stickied until no longer relevant to customers I reckon. It would be easier to find as I read the forums in descending order, that was at the bottom earlier and one of the last threads I seen. My fault entirely for not searching the forums before posting.

Thanks for the responses guys, heres hoping to a fast install for us both

kingofsplooge
03-06-2008, 14:21
Quote Originally Posted by duncanj
I am sure mine is in the 1-72 category as no member of staff has informed me otherwise about any sort of delay. So I might be one of the lucky ones
You need to check here Duncanj. Its not a matter of being told by OVH Staff of the delays, all the information is here in the forums.

http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=386

If you email OVH, or phone them, they will instruct you to look on the forums, as a matter of ease.
As Andy said, OVH currently have a backlog because of the Reloaded releases, they were inundated with orders, for instance, I ordered my Kimsufi on the 1st, and it was delivered on the 19th.

I've just placed another order today for a second Kimsufi, and hoping that I'm in the 1-72 hours, but I'm not holding my breath, and the wait is more than acceptable.

duncanj
03-06-2008, 14:01
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
The delay is only due to the current backlog of servers. Some do get deployed within the 1-72 hour timeframe but others don't due to the backlog. OVH are working 24/7 to clear the backlog in order to get back to quick deployment.
I am sure mine is in the 1-72 category as no member of staff has informed me otherwise about any sort of delay. So I might be one of the lucky ones

Andy
03-06-2008, 13:42
Quote Originally Posted by duncanj
You where told it would be another week 6 days after purchase? The website says 72 hours, I just ordered last night and didn't realize you had to wait as long. I got a phone call this morning, there was an issue with my order, which I though was fantastic of them to get in touch so fast about an issue that would effect my order, no time frame for install was given though. Disappointed to hear I might have to wait over what is quoted on the site.
The delay is only due to the current backlog of servers. Some do get deployed within the 1-72 hour timeframe but others don't due to the backlog. OVH are working 24/7 to clear the backlog in order to get back to quick deployment.

duncanj
03-06-2008, 13:27
You where told it would be another week 6 days after purchase? The website says 72 hours, I just ordered last night and didn't realize you had to wait as long. I got a phone call this morning, there was an issue with my order, which I though was fantastic of them to get in touch so fast about an issue that would effect my order, no time frame for install was given though. Disappointed to hear I might have to wait over what is quoted on the site.

Psybeer
02-06-2008, 11:55
Quote Originally Posted by gkilla
Which server did you get?
I got the basic server for the moment, which should have had the most delay on it. Phoned them 6 days after purchase, they told me it would be another 7 days, and i got it the next day.

What a surprise that was

Paul F
31-05-2008, 01:00
I only ordered on wed (28th) said it would be over a week but i got mine tonight

now i need to get to grips with linux

N-joi
30-05-2008, 19:13
I took delivery of mine today (kimsufi xxl)

May i say its outstanding, past servers have been slow & slugish - A simple command of opening "My Documents" has been a chore.

I've not properly tested my connection yet, but what i have seen so far it has not left me disappointed.

Welcome done OVH for a very delighful service - Its a pleasure doing business.

gkilla
30-05-2008, 17:32
Quote Originally Posted by Psybeer
I have been using my OVH server now for just over a week.

Firstly, i got it almost 5 days before i was told i would.

Secondly. Easy to use, Servers are very reliable.

Just love it , Thanks alot OVH for such good work

Keep it coming

Peace
Which server did you get?

Psybeer
30-05-2008, 15:04
I have been using my OVH server now for just over a week.

Firstly, i got it almost 5 days before i was told i would.

Secondly. Easy to use, Servers are very reliable.

Just love it , Thanks alot OVH for such good work

Keep it coming

Peace