OVH Community, your new community space.

Where is support?

collard41
23-03-2010, 22:57
If I were actually at home at the moment providing ID would not be a problem, but since that is not the case I think just cancelling the order should be fine and I will create a fresh new order.

I dont see why there is this problem in the first place, I have bought many servers from OVH in the past.

S0phie
23-03-2010, 19:36
Quote Originally Posted by collard41
The exact same thing occured before with the payment being cancelled and then him giving me loyalty points rather than a credit card refund.
Ok I can see the order back in July but since then we have strengthened the procedure. Do you want me to cancel the payment by card? Knowing that at some point you will have no choice but to provide your documents before we validate your orders...

collard41
23-03-2010, 19:24
The exact same thing occured before with the payment being cancelled and then him giving me loyalty points rather than a credit card refund.

S0phie
23-03-2010, 19:22
Quote Originally Posted by collard41
It seems one of you support personnel isnt as helpful as you Marks, last year you sorted out the ID problem for me but this person refuses to credit me in loyalty points.
This order is in a status that requires proof of ID-Address, that's why we can not refund it in points, but we can cancel your payment made by card.

collard41
23-03-2010, 19:05
It seems one of you support personnel isnt as helpful as you Marks, last year you sorted out the ID problem for me but this person refuses to credit me in loyalty points.

collard41
22-03-2010, 13:53
Ok, it would have been good if you told me that rather than me having to come here in public.

I replied to the email asking you to cancel the order or authorise it, but there was no reply which I got frustrated about.

marks
22-03-2010, 13:32
yes, the customer support is closed on the weekends, but your server was checked. It's not because of your ticket, but as soon as a server goes down, and engineer goes to check it.

It appears that, in your case, the server firstly was completing a file system check and after, it had a problem with the md2 partition. Now you've got it up.

As you can see, if your server really is offline, aka Level 1 incident, a technician will be there within minutes to bring it up again. even if it cannot boot up and has to be put in rescue mode.

Regarding to your order: you placed the order from your OVH server, which is something that for security reasons, we don't allow. Provide the requested documents (as said by email sent to you) or place the order again.

IainK
22-03-2010, 12:34
There is absolutely no UK support over the weekends.

rickyday
22-03-2010, 12:17
I think support have been drinking Champagne with Oles and Neil all weekend................

collard41
22-03-2010, 12:05
Over the last three days I have submitted 1 ticket and two support emails regarding different products.

Firstly, and most importantly, I purchased a dedicated server SP-Mini a few days ago and have not recieved any emails about it except for payment confirmation and an ID email. I replied TWICE to this and have got no replies from OVH and have emailed Oles personally. Still I have got no reply nor any help about the issue and the site says that they are ~30 available within 24 hours.

Secondly, one of my current servers has a problem and I submitted a level 1 support ticket and labelled it as critical, they said they would do maintenence in 10 mins. I shut the server down and an hour later still they hadnt even started. Then I finally got a closed ticket saying that they had done hardware diagnostics. Thats it. No results just saying that they had done it. The ticket was then closed, I booted the server up and still the exact same problem. It would help if they told you the result of the diagnostics.

Overall my experience with OVH since I have been a customer has been fine, but in the last few days the support is appaling.

The server with the hard disk problem is ns307374 and Im sure you can find the sp-mini order from that.

PS where is that support alert button that Oles said wasnt getting enough use. (maybe it doesnt exist?)