We are in the process of migrating this forum. A new space will be available soon. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Proxmox Container IP Addresses

rickyday
24-03-2010, 19:13
Quote Originally Posted by mattb37
Now I can host all my services from OVH. Lets hope I don't regret this.
All
Eggs
One
Basket!

mattb37
24-03-2010, 17:46
Quote Originally Posted by brgroup
Sorry my bad, I indeed misread your post..This might help:
ProxMox Forum Multi IPs
Thanks for this link, works great and I didn't find it last time I looked on there.

Now I can host all my services from OVH. Lets hope I don't regret this.

brgroup
24-03-2010, 07:05
Quote Originally Posted by IainK
Do you mean that you found a way to add an entire ripe IP block to one mac address in one command? Or did you just add them one by one?
I would love to be able to add multiple IPs to a VMac in one operation!
Sorry, I'm American..seems I wrote a little slang..I meant I just purchased some RIPE IPs and attached them to my host..I was also going under the assumption that I knew what the hell he was asking, which obviously I got wrong too!

IainK
24-03-2010, 07:00
I just added a whole bunch of RIPE IP's..
Do you mean that you found a way to add an entire ripe IP block to one mac address in one command? Or did you just add them one by one?
I would love to be able to add multiple IPs to a VMac in one operation!

brgroup
24-03-2010, 03:25
Sorry my bad, I indeed misread your post..This might help:
ProxMox Forum Multi IPs

mattb37
24-03-2010, 00:23
Hello,

Thank you for the reply but I think you may have misunderstood what I am trying to do. I want to add multiple IP addresses with different virtual mac addresses so they work on OVH network. Your guide only covers a single IP address which I have already been able to assign.

The VPS is running as a CentOS web server so I need the additional IP addresses to use the SSL certificates I have already purchased for the websites currently with another hosting provider.

Do I have to create different eth devices on the CentOS container and/or the host node?

The server is in RBX2 and I have had no problems assigning virtual macs to IP failovers.

brgroup
23-03-2010, 06:49
I just added a whole bunch of RIPE IP's..

For Virtual Mac failover IP's, You'll have to add your static IP manually inside each container, OpenVZ or KVM.

Try this:
1) edit your OpenVZ - choose OS, passwd, disksize etc..
2) Down below, choose Bridged networking and Veth
3) Choose vmbr0 interface (which should be bridged with to your host server eth0 in a STANDARD proxmox install)
4) Add your virtual mac address from the OVH manager
5) add nameservers and DNS Domain
6) Create (make sure to uncheck startup at boot)
7)Start your container
8) Open a console and edit your static failover IP attached to the virtual mac you entered above by using the CLi method here:
CENTOS network Config

I've never used CentOS, but in Deb/Ubuntu (openVZ and KVM) and Windows I've added all my IP's straight in the container after creation.

EDIT: I've just created a CentOS container:

Code:
cd /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/
Create the eth0 interface
Code:
nano ifcfg-eth0
Insert the following Info:
Code:
DEVICE=eth0
BOOTPROTO=static
DHCPCLASS=
HWADDR=VI:RT:UA:L:MA:C
IPADDR=YOUR.FAIL.OVER.IP
NETMASK=255.255.255.0
ONBOOT=yes
Create the gateway and DNS domain entries:
Code:
/etc/sysconfig/network
Insert:
Code:
NETWORKING=yes
HOSTNAME=YOUR.HOSTNAME.COM
GATEWAY=YOUR.FAIL.OVER.IP
Restart the networking interface:
Code:
/etc/init.d/network restart
And finally setup your nameservers:
Code:
nano /etc/resolv.conf
Insert:
Code:
nameserver 8.8.8.8
nameserver 8.8.4.4
nameserver 213.186.33.99
That should be it..I was able to ping 8.8.8.8 from there..

BTW: I've never had to route my Ripe IPs with any commands on my EG series..They've worked out of the box..Except for my recent Kimsufi server that had the bad luck of being provisioned through RBX3 - then nothing I did helped..Virtual macs wouldn't work on RBX3 servers at that time..I had to dump the server after two months of wasted $$ waiting for tech support..Better check if that's the case and inquire Max if that may be the problem with yours too!

mattb37
23-03-2010, 01:53
This is probably a very simple question but how do I add multiple RIPE addresses to a openvz container? I have a RIPE block that I have split down into failover so I can assign individual addresses to guests running on my node as and when I need to. I am using VETH on a CentOS guest and have one of my RIPE addresses as the primary for the container but cannot add any additional IP addresses. I have tried adding another interface (eth1) but this fails and adding eth0:1 also fails.

Pointers?

Can anyone give me a configuration template for this? I have spent too long trying to figure this out and I am at a loss as to why I cannot get it working.

I have also tried routing from the host to the guest with no success.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Regards,
Matt.