OVH Community, your new community space.

IP fail over reset

MicroChip123
26-03-2010, 20:43
Quote Originally Posted by slayer2005
Witch means more money for the customer yes?
I dont understand why they cant be removed if the server they were routed to isint acctive anymore. Another ploy for ovh to make more money i think!
I think its more to do with abuse prevention.
It stops a spammer having in effect unlimited ips.

What you could do is transfer them to another server that is expiring then get new ones.

slayer2005
26-03-2010, 20:32
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
It is not possible to remove the 3 IP FailOvers, once they are assigned and routed to that server they cannot be removed. If you require fresh IP's then I recommend you order a small RIPE Block.
Witch means more money for the customer yes?
I dont understand why they cant be removed if the server they were routed to isint acctive anymore. Another ploy for ovh to make more money i think!

Neil
26-03-2010, 17:32
Quote Originally Posted by slayer2005
Hi

Wondering how easy it is for ovh to reset the 3 ip fail over you get with a c-05g.
Say a customer has the server and is using the 3 fail over ips then 3 months later he dosent want the server and i lease it to another customer who then wants the 3 fail overs to use. Should it be hard for ovh to reset this?
It is not possible to remove the 3 IP FailOvers, once they are assigned and routed to that server they cannot be removed. If you require fresh IP's then I recommend you order a small RIPE Block.

slayer2005
26-03-2010, 17:02
Hi

Wondering how easy it is for ovh to reset the 3 ip fail over you get with a c-05g.
Say a customer has the server and is using the 3 fail over ips then 3 months later he dosent want the server and i lease it to another customer who then wants the 3 fail overs to use. Should it be hard for ovh to reset this?