OVH Community, your new community space.

Problems with Failover IPs & Virtual Macs

YouWhat
29-03-2010, 18:46
Just hope mine are working soon then, Ive left them 3 days so far so will try them later tonight and will keep fingers crossed.

Neil
29-03-2010, 17:21
Hi

There may have been a switch issue with another server which caused yours to get fixed, that is most likely what happened....

rickyday
29-03-2010, 16:26
Third Failover IP/VMac works fine

Thanks very much folks

rickyday
29-03-2010, 16:12
Well blow me down!

Ive just logged in to my server tested the virtual machine with one of the MACs/IPs that didnt work and its working.

I will create a new VM with the final failover IP and give that a go.

I am assuming someones intervened somewhere, even tho the ticket is at awaiting status, unless the routers have taken 2 days to finally configure the IPs and Macs when it reports the process is complete when you configure them in control panel within seconds

Well done again OVH

Thanks for assistance Neil but I dont think I need it unless the final third Failover is still not working. (Will test)

Very good support OVH

Neil
29-03-2010, 15:57
Quote Originally Posted by rickyday
Ok heres the deal.

Have 3 failover IPs

One works fine in a XP Virtual Machine, two dont work at all with the virtual mac assigned.

Ive tried failing two IPs and VMacs in the machine that did work and they dont work at all, so this has established the problem is with the two IP Failovers and not a config issue as the first Failover IP combined with the VMac in manager is performing as it should.

Anyone encountering any issues with VMacs and Failover IPs working properly?

Im in the RBX-3 DC if that makes any difference? (Well not me personally but my server )

Ive logged a call but no reply as of yet.
Hi

What is the server address? Also with the 2 FailOver IP's that do not work, if you ping them, do the requests reach the Virtual Machines?

rickyday
29-03-2010, 15:49
Ok heres the deal.

Have 3 failover IPs

One works fine in a XP Virtual Machine, two dont work at all with the virtual mac assigned.

Ive tried failing two IPs and VMacs in the machine that did work and they dont work at all, so this has established the problem is with the two IP Failovers and not a config issue as the first Failover IP combined with the VMac in manager is performing as it should.

Anyone encountering any issues with VMacs and Failover IPs working properly?

Im in the RBX-3 DC if that makes any difference? (Well not me personally but my server )

Ive logged a call but no reply as of yet.