OVH Community, your new community space.

Windows Traffic Monitoring: PRTG Alternative?

mattb37
30-03-2010, 17:05
Hello,

I run several game servers from one of my EG boxes I have just loaded with Windows 2008 R2 Standard. My problem is I have only just discovered PRTG traffic grapher doesn't support packet sniffing. On Windows 2003 I was using PRTG traffic grapher to monitor individual ports to see how well each game server was doing and to find out how much bandwidth each server uses. Some individual servers can pull over 10mb/s, this type of monitoring helps me build up a profile of how I am using the network should I need to move any servers away from OVH to a network where bandwidth isn't so available.

Are there any decent free alternatives to PRTG traffic grapher for Windows 2008 R2? I have tried PRTG 7 but couldn't setup the individual port monitoring how I wanted it and wasn't keen on the user interface with all the features I don't need.

The OVH traffic monitor does not give enough detail before that is suggested. I need something that I can monitor individual ports on different IP addresses that can show 95%, traffic in and traffic out in a graph format. I have seen some great Linux traffic monitors but Windows seems to be lacking other than PRTG which I cannot use on 2008 R2.

Thanks for suggestions
Matt.