OVH Community, your new community space.

Budget solution to pull some BW

elvis1
02-04-2010, 02:58
thanks but 256 would not cut it. in case it does even work I would not be able to use all those 10 tb.

the app eats a core to maximize a 30 mbit line. maybe I can reduce my expectations and lower the bar to 5-10 mbit line with 512 megs and 5 gigs..

yon where are you?

I cannot contact you. please do add me . I do not seee you: jpaul ut jpaul .com . ar

unclebob
01-04-2010, 17:00
$25 /month
10TB /month = in + out
256MB ram, 5GB disk.
http://www.joyent.com/products/publi...cloud-pricing/

elvis1
01-04-2010, 04:13
I would need to be able to download as much as possible. to pull 20 mbits I would need something like a core or half

_Lemon_
01-04-2010, 02:55
Quote Originally Posted by elvis1
Budget dude. I am a student and Euro is 6 to 1 now ( used to be 1:1) some years ago, so budget

@Feral: your maths is wrong. 10mbps/mo : 3.3 tb/mo

so 20mbit/mo:6.6 tb
I was taking what you said: approximately a quarter of 20Mbps which is about 5Mbps and a guess at 1-2TB upload.

I couldn't fiddle with the price as I'm giving you double the bandwidth for what is normally given on these EG BestOF servers. (Oh and it's not quite a VPS but a regular user).

elvis1
01-04-2010, 00:43
Quote Originally Posted by tim2718281
That's 6TB a month ... 60% of an EG's quota of 10TB, so a reasonable price would be 60% of an EG, or about 70 Euros a month.

If you can restrict yourself to 5TB, then you could get an SP Mini to yourself, at 60 Euros a month.

For 6TB, you could get two Kimsufis, at 70 Euros a month.
Budget dude. I am a student and Euro is 6 to 1 now ( used to be 1:1) some years ago, so budget

@Feral: your maths is wrong. 10mbps/mo : 3.3 tb/mo

so 20mbit/mo:6.6 tb

elvis1
01-04-2010, 00:36
Quote Originally Posted by _Lemon_
20Mbit/s would be easy on the disks if it's a single connection. How many connections are we talking about?

A quarter of 20Mbit/s is 5Mbit/s upload (which is really what matters on the OVH servers). Which is approximately 1-2TB.

I could probably put you on a carefully chosen "power slot" (see http://www.feralhosting.com/slots/ ) and give you 2TB for one month for Ģ14.99. This would be on an EG BestOf with raid 0.

Disk space would be 160GB -- so no problem there; RAM would be well, 640MB is in-use on the server I would put you on.
I do not need more than 10 gigs at most. Upload is as said very low as said before. Upastream is almost 10 per cent of the BW I need ( 90% is downstream). How about tightening prices as I won't be eating very little hdd or include some extra power of the cpu into it at the same cost?

Quote Originally Posted by yonatan
Hi, its a Jewish holiday now :-) passover so i might have missed your contact attempt.

Let me know if you still need the service , i am sure ill be able to fit you on one of my machines. ( MG Servers )

add me on MSN at yonatan "at" mymsn.eu

:-)

no problem. added you

elvis1
01-04-2010, 00:31
Quote Originally Posted by MicroChip123
Buy from a french ovh reseller?

Do you own a cloud as they are 512MB RAM unlimited BW at the moment ?
used to but got it wiped ( a French friend got a beta for me that worked flawlessly).. do they offer cloud's or not yet? I am willing to grab an account ( pay for it).

MicroChip123
31-03-2010, 15:16
Buy from a french ovh reseller?

Do you own a cloud as they are 512MB RAM unlimited BW at the moment ?

yonatan
31-03-2010, 15:11
I need to be able to use as much downstream as possible. I do not aim a specific market as it is for a communitary project.

The app I run eats almost a ratio of 8 : 2.Being 8 the DL and 2 UStream and I could restrict it to consume only French traffic which would be cheap as hell. About space: something like 5 gigs could suffice me.

What can I get for this project? I am in a budget but maybe some of the guys how have the 1 gbit box with some extra BW left can create me a VPS in it for some reasonable price

My aim is to consume something like 20mbit/s ( 24/7) and 512 MB. If the box has ssd it would be ideal not to freak out itīs I/O and to be able to provide me an burstable RAM just in case. I guess an owner of an Hybrid server ( SSD+SATA) should have some spare space for me .

I tried contacting Yonatan but I wasnīt able to do so :S. I would be paying via paypal

Thanks
Hi, its a Jewish holiday now :-) passover so i might have missed your contact attempt.

Let me know if you still need the service , i am sure ill be able to fit you on one of my machines. ( MG Servers )

add me on MSN at yonatan "at" mymsn.eu

:-)

tim2718281
31-03-2010, 15:06
My aim is to consume something like 20mbit/s ( 24/7)
That's 6TB a month ... 60% of an EG's quota of 10TB, so a reasonable price would be 60% of an EG, or about 70 Euros a month.

If you can restrict yourself to 5TB, then you could get an SP Mini to yourself, at 60 Euros a month.

For 6TB, you could get two Kimsufis, at 70 Euros a month.

_Lemon_
31-03-2010, 14:09
20Mbit/s would be easy on the disks if it's a single connection. How many connections are we talking about?

A quarter of 20Mbit/s is 5Mbit/s upload (which is really what matters on the OVH servers). Which is approximately 1-2TB.

I could probably put you on a carefully chosen "power slot" (see http://www.feralhosting.com/slots/ ) and give you 2TB for one month for Ģ14.99. This would be on an EG BestOf with raid 0.

Disk space would be 160GB -- so no problem there; RAM would be well, 640MB is in-use on the server I would put you on.

elvis1
31-03-2010, 03:49
I need to be able to use as much downstream as possible. I do not aim a specific market as it is for a communitary project.

The app I run eats almost a ratio of 8 : 2.Being 8 the DL and 2 UStream and I could restrict it to consume only French traffic which would be cheap as hell. About space: something like 5 gigs could suffice me.

What can I get for this project? I am in a budget but maybe some of the guys how have the 1 gbit box with some extra BW left can create me a VPS in it for some reasonable price

My aim is to consume something like 20mbit/s ( 24/7) and 512 MB. If the box has ssd it would be ideal not to freak out itīs I/O and to be able to provide me an burstable RAM just in case. I guess an owner of an Hybrid server ( SSD+SATA) should have some spare space for me .

I tried contacting Yonatan but I wasnīt able to do so :S. I would be paying via paypal

Thanks