OVH Community, your new community space.

Domain Reseller API from OVH ?

yonatan
14-04-2010, 11:49
Quote Originally Posted by Razakel
Check out Namecheap for SSL certificates. They currently issue them free with any domain (including .infos, which are $3) or if you get their WHOIS privacy service. That's, what, 1/10th the price of GoDaddy?

They provide an API, too, and a WHMCS module: http://code.google.com/p/namecheap/
Thanks for the tip !
ill check them out for sure

Razakel
14-04-2010, 11:36
Quote Originally Posted by yonatan
also, same question about SSL certificates ( i use godaddy for these atm ).
Check out Namecheap for SSL certificates. They currently issue them free with any domain (including .infos, which are $3) or if you get their WHOIS privacy service. That's, what, 1/10th the price of GoDaddy?

They provide an API, too, and a WHMCS module: http://code.google.com/p/namecheap/

yonatan
14-04-2010, 09:04
Quote Originally Posted by HandsomeChap
I think WHMCS purposefully keep their api at a poor level so that you need to pay them to get anything done unfortunately. Even after so many requests for information, their api and knowledgebase is still only a few lines of information. I've written a few basic modules for WHMCS and its no easy task right now.
Yes you are correct, not much documentation about this, and soapi + whmcs does not look like something we will be able to get working..

HandsomeChap
14-04-2010, 08:55
I think WHMCS purposefully keep their api at a poor level so that you need to pay them to get anything done unfortunately. Even after so many requests for information, their api and knowledgebase is still only a few lines of information. I've written a few basic modules for WHMCS and its no easy task right now.

yonatan
14-04-2010, 06:46
Quote Originally Posted by derchris
I don't see this coming.
I looked around, and this has already been asked for 2 years ago by the french and spanish uers.
And there is still no such module available.
So it would be better (and a lot faster) to get someone to do it for you.
The WHMCS dvelpers are offering custom made module development, and from one of the threads i could see that the developer was asking for 4/500$ of work.
why would i spend $500 for a service which will provide OVH with long term profit for something i already got for free on tucows ...

it should come from OVH, they should do it for us, as it is in the long run a good thing for OVH.

its like paying a "setup fee" .....
I guess it will never happen.

derchris
14-04-2010, 00:10
Quote Originally Posted by Marks
I'm afraid that ATM, we provide you with a SOAPI interface so that you can programme your interface with.

We don't provide support for WHMCS, but I'll pass it on to our headquarters to take into consideration

Edited: BTW, this is the link http://www.ovh.com/soapi/en/

I don't see this coming.
I looked around, and this has already been asked for 2 years ago by the french and spanish uers.
And there is still no such module available.
So it would be better (and a lot faster) to get someone to do it for you.
The WHMCS dvelpers are offering custom made module development, and from one of the threads i could see that the developer was asking for 4/500$ of work.

derchris
13-04-2010, 18:31
I just had a look at the WHMCS site, and they have an API which one could use.
Looks like it is possible to integrate new providers into the system.
But I never used WHMCS, so don't know how easy it can be done.

yonatan
13-04-2010, 16:00
Quote Originally Posted by derchris
What do you actually need?
I was playing around with the SOAPI interface some time ago, and will be doing a custom CP just for OVH users, which can be used to give OVH Manager control to your users, without them having access to the OVH Manager themself.
i do have my soapi panel in Perl ( i made one for dedicated servers ).

the thing is to integrate it with an existing application ( whmcs ) which is not something i find easy to do.. im not into php.

derchris
13-04-2010, 15:54
What do you actually need?
I was playing around with the SOAPI interface some time ago, and will be doing a custom CP just for OVH users, which can be used to give OVH Manager control to your users, without them having access to the OVH Manager themself.

yonatan
13-04-2010, 12:11
Quote Originally Posted by Marks
I'm afraid that ATM, we provide you with a SOAPI interface so that you can programme your interface with.

We don't provide support for WHMCS, but I'll pass it on to our headquarters to take into consideration
Thank you,
that could be a great thing, i will be able to integrate it with my shared hosting :-)

btw, they fixed the ripe block i didn't open the ticket at the end as it works fine now.

marks
13-04-2010, 12:07

Edited: BTW, this is the link http://www.ovh.com/soapi/en/

yonatan
13-04-2010, 10:17
Hello,
i am currently using WHMCS and I have a domain reseller account from tucows which works great.

I would like to explore the option to use OVH as my domain registrar, does OVH has the API codes(and php files) to integrate with WHMCS ?

I am not going to hire some coder to make it work for me, i am looking for a complete solution like i currently have ( they provided me with the php scripts for the API to work with - tucows that is ).

will i be able to use OVH as a registrar? or stick to good old tucows.

also, same question about SSL certificates ( i use godaddy for these atm ).

Thanks