OVH Community, your new community space.

Android running on the Iphone3G

Myatu
29-04-2010, 00:51
Quote Originally Posted by gregoryfenton
cool - even metro.co.uk are interested in the story now
Does that mean I can point a finger at you and say "You broke it!"

jonlewi5
28-04-2010, 17:56
haha thats awesome man, hope your server can handle it

gregoryfenton
28-04-2010, 17:36
cool - even metro.co.uk are interested in the story now:
http://www.metro.co.uk/tech/823793-u...ck-on-vodafone

Let's see what vodafone says about this.

As Michael Knight was told "One man can make a difference"

jonlewi5
28-04-2010, 13:24
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
It wasn't sarcasm, this is not like an Apple PR stunt considering the police are now involved, normally they book out huge venues and generate lots of hype.
Sorry neil, my post was sarcastic, basicly saying that apple bring police in isnt good for their PR

gregoryfenton
28-04-2010, 12:21
*swearwords removed before posting - feel free to add your own while reading*

I got an email from vodafone:

Dear [redacted]
Thank you for placing your order, reference number [redacted].
Unfortunately we have suffered a surprisingly high demand for the Nexus One From Google, which means that it is unexpectedly out of stock.
Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience caused. We hope to have further stock available within 7-10 working days and will contact you again once your order has been dispatched.
If you have any further queries please contact us on 0844 854 0430 or email info@v-store.co.uk, quoting your order number as your reference.
Thank you for ordering with Vodafone.
Kind regards,
Vodafone Customer Care
you had better believe that is hot news, my blog is being picked up by hundreds of sites because of this:

http://labby.co.uk/2010/04/vodafone-...-out-of-stock/

Neil
28-04-2010, 10:19
Quote Originally Posted by jonlewi5
haha sorry neil, sarcasm doesnt come across too well on the internet
It wasn't sarcasm, this is not like an Apple PR stunt considering the police are now involved, normally they book out huge venues and generate lots of hype.

jonlewi5
27-04-2010, 17:36
haha sorry neil, sarcasm doesnt come across too well on the internet

Neil
27-04-2010, 15:03
yeah iv been reading about, thats some great PR work apple
Don't think this is PR work, since they been wanting to focus media attention on the iPad, iPhone 4.0 etc... Also the fact that police have now raided Gizmodo's owners house, not very Apple like.

gregoryfenton
27-04-2010, 14:30
Seen here first, and now it is on BBC News too

jonlewi5
27-04-2010, 11:41
Quote Originally Posted by Myatu
yeah iv been reading about, thats some great PR work apple

Myatu
27-04-2010, 00:25
http://techcrunch.com/2010/04/26/the...ate-computers/ and http://gizmodo.com/5524843/police-se...hens-computers

Ho-hum! Buy Apple, fund pointless raids and lawsuits

jonlewi5
26-04-2010, 23:08
hahaha, fair play, that sure is bragging rights!!

Im really upset with HTC, we have been promised 2.1 for ages and they keep putting the date back on the official release.

Been running my own rooted version of 1.6 with a few tweaks on my hero for a while, runs a dream

gregoryfenton
26-04-2010, 23:00
jealous!!!!!!!
I was passing the phone shop and happened to ask about the release date, the salesman said he had just that minute received news of a press release saying preorders were being taken.

We did everything but when the other half checked she realised it had the wrong address on the delivery sheet so we went back to the store.

I told the salesman about the mistake and he emailed customer services. I was watching him while he did this - before he began the email I saw his outlook express and he had bragged that he had got the first preorder of the nexus one. He saw me looking and smiled.

I believe that I am the first person to order one in the UK on Vodafone, I will call him tomorrow to confirm whether this is actually the case.

Now that's what I call bragging rights \o/

Edit: press release: http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology...e-google-phone

jonlewi5
26-04-2010, 22:20
Quote Originally Posted by gregoryfenton
Who needs android on an Iphone? I just preordered my Nexus One on Vodafone, delivery due Friday morning \o/
jealous!!!!!!!

gregoryfenton
26-04-2010, 22:12
Who needs android on an Iphone? I just preordered my Nexus One on Vodafone, delivery due Friday morning \o/

unclebob
26-04-2010, 20:07
Quote Originally Posted by Winit
Millions of customers = awesome potential for devs.
Devs with macs

Winit
26-04-2010, 19:45
Millions of customers = awesome potential for devs.

Myatu
26-04-2010, 16:32
I haven't used Apple products ever since they went after hobbyists (= hackers) and cloners. This is what made IBM and the reason why almost every soul on this planet sits behind a Linux or Windows machine. It almost finished off Apple, until they came out with the G3 and the iPod. Now that they're back into the game, they start pulling the same nonsense all over again.

I'll give it to them though, they've got one helluva marketing department. But that's all I would consider them for, nothing else. Besides, my Nokia can do more than the iPhone and I'm free to develop whatever I want for it

jonlewi5
26-04-2010, 13:12
Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpeeds
Considering my Fiancé is a Sales Director for Apple, and dealt exclusively with the staff, and the training of o2 employees when the first iPhone Launched, then 3G, then last but not least the 3GS handset, she swears by the fact out of 20+ phone manufacturers she has worked for/dealt with, Apple were the worst trained, most unreliable, and over-confident staff she has ever had the pleasure of dealing with.

The main reason is the phone itself lacks in features whilst most modern phones prevail with (talk about apps all you like, Nokia has more) - the truth is, the whole 'i'ndustry has been built on a fad - do you remember, less than 5years ago, Apple Computers were given away for FREE to Schools, whilst bog-standard RM PC's were still purchased?

In simple words, it's people like you that keep an *****ic market open
I can believe it man, i wouldnt have an ipod if wasnt an xmas pressie off the missus. Although as much as i dont like apple and their products, theres something about macos that draws me in, i loves it for some reason haha.

RapidSpeeds
24-04-2010, 23:06
ídíót seems to be an offensive word... very original ovh...

RapidSpeeds
24-04-2010, 23:05
Considering my Fiancé is a Sales Director for Apple, and dealt exclusively with the staff, and the training of o2 employees when the first iPhone Launched, then 3G, then last but not least the 3GS handset, she swears by the fact out of 20+ phone manufacturers she has worked for/dealt with, Apple were the worst trained, most unreliable, and over-confident staff she has ever had the pleasure of dealing with.

The main reason is the phone itself lacks in features whilst most modern phones prevail with (talk about apps all you like, Nokia has more) - the truth is, the whole 'i'ndustry has been built on a fad - do you remember, less than 5years ago, Apple Computers were given away for FREE to Schools, whilst bog-standard RM PC's were still purchased?

In simple words, it's people like you that keep an *****ic market open

Winit
24-04-2010, 21:24
iPhone for life.

RapidSpeeds
24-04-2010, 20:26
Apple suck - period.

If I had a big shotgun, I would do all you people a favour :P

jonlewi5
22-04-2010, 20:30
Why not though?

Id love to have android on my ipod touch.

derchris
22-04-2010, 18:41
That will only work on 2G models.
And why would I want to have Android on an iPhone?
Then I could just buy a new phone with Android on it.

jonlewi5
22-04-2010, 15:06
Now you iphone users can have the best of both worlds

Im really hope this will work on a 3rd gen ipod, would love to have android on it to go with my htc hero

http://fattylewis.com/2010/04/22/and...ng-on-iphone3g