OVH Community, your new community space.

Looking For OVh Reseller

fozl
26-05-2010, 16:08
Quote Originally Posted by freshwire
I refer you to your own website which features no such lady: http://www.ovh.co.uk/
Ah, but we're... Exceptional.

Razakel
22-05-2010, 22:09
I just thought it was odd that you mentioned AJAX when talking about things sliding off to the right; that isn't AJAX.

Now that makes more sense. Just I find a lot of people don't know the difference but it seems that you do
To be honest I define AJAX as anything that involves JavaScript to fetch data, including anything else the JavaScript might do. :P

By the way, should anyone wish to hire me, I'm available at very competitive rates (read: slave wages).

freshwire
22-05-2010, 21:25
the middle section slides off to the right or collapses upwards (the site uses AJAX).
I just thought it was odd that you mentioned AJAX when talking about things sliding off to the right; that isn't AJAX.

AJAX does include JavaScript, doesn't it? :P There's a JavaScript transition between pages that're loaded using AJAX, it falls back to standard links if JS is disabled.
Now that makes more sense. Just I find a lot of people don't know the difference but it seems that you do

Razakel
22-05-2010, 17:49
Ah the confusion between AJAX and just plain Javascript ... or perhaps you were mentioning these unrelated things just at random ... who knows

1. The way in which this item in the list is highlighted doesn't seem right (perhaps its the margins).

2. A little bit larger gap here would be nice.

3. Would this look better a tiny bit smaller?

4. 2-3 pixels larger gap here.

5. Should the text here be right aligned with a bit of padding/margin on the right?

6. 3-6 pixels larger gap here.

7. 2-3 pixels spacing between these lines (line-height css)

8. Would these look better on 2 lines (copyright seperate)?

9. 2-3 pixels larger gap here.

10. There are 2 buttons.

Anyone else want to comment on the actual content as I really have no idea on that?

Jonathan.
AJAX does include JavaScript, doesn't it? :P There's a JavaScript transition between pages that're loaded using AJAX, it falls back to standard links if JS is disabled.

1) Yeah, I felt that myself, I changed the size of the button but didn't shift it to be in line with the others. It is meant to be seperated from the others, since when logged in it changes to "Client Area" and a red logout button appears next to it.

2) I know, it's just that's the farthest I can get it on a 1024x768 screen. I'll shift the text to the left further leftwards.

3) There's going to be a background on the breadcrumbs, I just haven't picked the right colour yet.

4 / 9) Definitely.

5) I see what you mean, could also have the labels within the fields themselves.

6 / 7) Yep.

8) Yeah, that'll be replaced with registered company number/phone etc and the links put underneath.

10) The top one was created in Photoshop, the lower one created using ImageMagick (saves arsing around resizing everything). It's just there for comparison, I've been obsessed (unsuccessfully) getting it pixel perfect, heh.

Content hasn't been completed yet, it's just a test design at the moment. :P

I'm glad you like the design, though, what you've pointed out seem to mostly be minor niggles. Regardless, your feedback is very much appreciated, thank you.

(Oh, and just in case anyone thinks this is off-topic, it's going to be an OVH reseller. )

freshwire
22-05-2010, 14:24
Quote Originally Posted by Razakel
No, no, honest feedback is good! But the bottom two sections are meant to contrast (I think it catches the eye better) - the middle section slides off to the right or collapses upwards (the site uses AJAX).
Ah the confusion between AJAX and just plain Javascript ... or perhaps you were mentioning these unrelated things just at random ... who knows

Well anyways ... the design is very nice and looks really professional.

However here are a few things I would probably try out (possibly change) if it were my design:

1. The way in which this item in the list is highlighted doesn't seem right (perhaps its the margins).

2. A little bit larger gap here would be nice.

3. Would this look better a tiny bit smaller?

4. 2-3 pixels larger gap here.

5. Should the text here be right aligned with a bit of padding/margin on the right?

6. 3-6 pixels larger gap here.

7. 2-3 pixels spacing between these lines (line-height css)

8. Would these look better on 2 lines (copyright seperate)?

9. 2-3 pixels larger gap here.

10. There are 2 buttons.

Anyone else want to comment on the actual content as I really have no idea on that?

Jonathan.

Razakel
22-05-2010, 00:24
Quote Originally Posted by YouWhat
Razakel, the design looks good and well layed out, but it looks like it 3 different sections just placed together, it doesnt naturally flow if you can understand what I mean, maybe if the background between the bottom 2 sections was more inline with each other or a continuation of the blue sweeping line from title / logo down behind those 2 sections it would bring the page together nicely.

Please dont take this as having a go, I just giving you my perspective on how it could be made to look better and more attractive to people viewing it.
No, no, honest feedback is good! But the bottom two sections are meant to contrast (I think it catches the eye better) - the middle section slides off to the right or collapses upwards (the site uses AJAX).

YouWhat
21-05-2010, 23:47
Razakel, the design looks good and well layed out, but it looks like it 3 different sections just placed together, it doesnt naturally flow if you can understand what I mean, maybe if the background between the bottom 2 sections was more inline with each other or a continuation of the blue sweeping line from title / logo down behind those 2 sections it would bring the page together nicely.

Please dont take this as having a go, I just giving you my perspective on how it could be made to look better and more attractive to people viewing it.

Razakel
21-05-2010, 23:04
Quote Originally Posted by fozle
I dunno, do you really want to trust your website to a host that doesn't have a picture of an attractive lady wearing a head-set on the front?
My website has featured a picture of a tramp with a rollup and a can of Special Brew for the past three years. Never got around to actually putting anything on it. :P

And if we're discussing website designs, I'd be interested in any feedback on this design I've been working on. Curiously, I've had no negative feedback from friends/family, which means it's either great, or it's crap and they don't want to say so. :P http://img443.imageshack.us/img443/1117/designks.png

Winit
21-05-2010, 22:11
Quote Originally Posted by everwicked
What is so awful about their design, you never said?
Awful colours, amateurish & tacky.

Rilly
21-05-2010, 19:22
I refer you to your own website which features no such lady: http://www.ovh.co.uk/
Well.. she can only answer the phone for 'so' many businesses you know!

freshwire
21-05-2010, 19:10
Quote Originally Posted by fozle
I dunno, do you really want to trust your website to a host that doesn't have a picture of an attractive lady wearing a head-set on the front?

fozl
21-05-2010, 19:05
Quote Originally Posted by Myatu
I would recommend these folks: http://www.nouptime.com/

freshwire
21-05-2010, 18:41
Quote Originally Posted by everwicked
One is just a stock template and the other is just a glorified blog

everwicked
21-05-2010, 18:17
Quote Originally Posted by Euan
No offence but both the sites have an equally awful design!

Neil
21-05-2010, 10:43
Quote Originally Posted by Myatu
Nice, I think there use to be a UK joke website called 'death host' but I cannot find the website anymore.

Myatu
21-05-2010, 03:00

HugeServer
21-05-2010, 02:36
We can give you OVH Servers too.

Why Choose US?
1. Extra Manager On every Servers.
2. Free IPs ( Contact Us for more information )
3. Free Windows Liceses 2008 and 2003
4. Free First Configuration
5. PayPal + Moneybookers
6. 24Hourly Support
7. ....

Rilly
21-05-2010, 00:36
Arrgg.. its killing me that I can't order direct from OVH anymore.. .. i hope Ireland gets their process setup soon.. resellers cost too way much when I don't need help with anything!

Euan
20-05-2010, 23:59
As a web designer myself, nothing says the biggest without an attractive and inviting website

Winit
20-05-2010, 23:02
Quote Originally Posted by Euan
Too right. Both need to work on a professional attitude, especially since one considers himself to be "the biggest".

tallen
20-05-2010, 16:02
Hi there,
I'm a reseller too, but I need to do some work on my website! I'm currently not selling through my website as I've got A-Level exams coming up, but i'd be happy to set you up a server! You get Managerv3 access also if you wish.

I accept Paypal
Contact me at admin@whatload.com and I can talk you through pricing and anything you wish to ask

Euan
20-05-2010, 15:41

jonlewi5
20-05-2010, 15:07
Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpeeds
We are the biggest reseller out of everyone

We recently just bought over a competitor, dedisales - Andy has him (kopitsteve) on his signature, and we managed to buy him out and all his clients/servers - that's how big we are

We give you OVH Manager access, so you have the same access to your server as anyone who can purchase direct from OVH would.

Also, we offer managed support something OVH do not currently do, and all for a cheaper price than our competitors.

Shop around, find the best deal for yourself
Just outta interest, how many servers do you actually have with ovh at the moment?
Also do you resell other companies servers aswell? like if a customer had a requirement for a server in the usa could you supply that?

(by the way, im just being nosey, im not actually looking for any services )

RapidSpeeds
20-05-2010, 14:48
lmfao

Andy
20-05-2010, 14:39
Oooh but he has Manager V3 access!

RapidSpeeds
20-05-2010, 14:38
very good Didi-Dedis

copying our signature, and using a template as a website as you can't design one yourself? How you going to be able to help anyone when you are obviously a copycat that can't setup whmcs correctly?

RapidSpeeds
20-05-2010, 14:33
We are the biggest reseller out of everyone

We recently just bought over a competitor, dedisales - Andy has him (kopitsteve) on his signature, and we managed to buy him out and all his clients/servers - that's how big we are

We give you OVH Manager access, so you have the same access to your server as anyone who can purchase direct from OVH would.

Also, we offer managed support something OVH do not currently do, and all for a cheaper price than our competitors.

Shop around, find the best deal for yourself

rickyday
20-05-2010, 13:08
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
It hasn't, no.
Known OVH resellers: kopitesteve@hotmail.co.uk via Messenger or E-mail

I would steer clear of the above, I emailed an enquiry over and never got a reply, great service!

Winit
19-05-2010, 20:51
Both need to work on site design.

everwicked
19-05-2010, 00:13
You can try rapidspeeds.com

Didi-Dedis.com
18-05-2010, 12:00
Didi-Dedis.com We are a OVH.co.uk reseller with paypal give us a try

mimi2008
24-05-2009, 01:10
email mimigardens@tiscali.co.uk as i know a few places

guardhost
13-05-2009, 22:48
Hi,

I am glad to hear ovh are offering the idea of a reseller now, currently We have some servers from ovh and some from dediwebhost at guardhost.net now. I will be contacting ovh with the offer of providing managed services using their stock servers at an increased cost for the management service as I can see ovh is lacking a little on server support and something good to fill a perfect gap in the market.

Thanks

marks
12-05-2009, 10:50
There is no plan to set any reseller programme as such.

The approach to resellers now and in the future is the following: you come to us with your idea and business and you tell us what you would like to get being a reseller and what you would could offer to us.

You can send this email to customersupport@ovh.co.uk and the right person will pick it up and will answer you.

Aund
11-05-2009, 14:42
i am willling to resell

email

aund322@googlemail.com

Andy
01-05-2009, 10:48
It hasn't, no.

elvis1
01-05-2009, 04:15
guys sorry for the thread revival, but any idea if the reseller programme has been launched yet?

kingofsplooge
04-06-2008, 14:21
I will also be doing this, but only once the Reseller package has been released.

Andy
04-06-2008, 13:49
Quote Originally Posted by farquit
Hi Andy, any idea when the ovh reseller program will be up and running?
OVH said "soon" but that was well over a month ago and since then we've not heard anything about it.

farquit
04-06-2008, 13:47
Hi Andy, any idea when the ovh reseller program will be up and running?

Andy
04-06-2008, 13:24
I will be doing OVH server reselling once their reseller plan is up and running. Until then I can't help. Sorry.

N-joi
04-06-2008, 13:14
Ponders on the idea of making and extra few quid.

I will purchase them, and resell them at the additional cost of £10.00

Just kidding.

farquit
04-06-2008, 12:45
I am looking for a ovh reseller too. If anyone knows of a reseller please pm me.

kyogezsho
04-06-2008, 06:18
hi..anyone knows who is ovh reseller since i cant buy directly from the sites and looking for reseller for those accept paypal..thanks