OVH Community, your new community space.

Dodgy servers

edwards
17-06-2008, 02:43
why you don't check the logs and see if is a hardware issue or is software?!

jester
16-06-2008, 09:36
well new update server crashed the day after yet again, but the good news its not crashed in 5 day omg and about time

jester
08-06-2008, 19:46
new update server has not crashed for two days so fingers xrossed its sorted

Yianni
05-06-2008, 08:24
We are also new to OVH and have recently purchased 2 servers in the past week.

The first server was online within 10 minutes of ordering and everything has been fantastic. Great control panel interface made things easy and quick to setup. Top notch hardware and speed from our server are just excellent.

The second server was the kimsufi which arrived after 3-4 days of purchasing. For the cost its been great. No downtime whats so ever and no issues on OVH's behalf.

Thanks guys and keep up the service you're fantastic.

lithpiperpilot
05-06-2008, 06:02
Jester, occasionally servers do have hardware issues. With the amount of servers OVH pushed through this past month, a few pieces were bound to be duds.

For example, I got my server on the 15th of May, and started right away with it. ubuntu and gentoo would get segfault errors, and not run any software. I tried windows on the box, and it would BSoD every min to 2 min. Took a few calls to ovh, but they finally got it up and running after a week, (faulty ram) and have told me I will receive credit (haven't gotten it yet though) for the week without a server.

But Jester, remember that ultimately you speak with your wallet. If you don't like the service, then don't order servers here.

BELLonline
04-06-2008, 19:15
I have about 15 servers with OVH and not a single one has ever crashed, sounds like you've either been unlucky or you're doing something wrong. You might be better off with a managed host.

kingofsplooge
04-06-2008, 14:20
Jester,

Since your experiencing problems on a mass scale, along with seeming to be argumentative without having factual backup, why don't you simply try reinstalling the OS on the server?

As much as reinstalling is a hassle, you may find yourself better off because of it.
If not, then its something OVH can look into.

I've had two servers with OVH, and have only experienced problems with my new server, however (touch wood) that was the early phase of the new Kimsufi Reloaded, and everything since seems to be good.

Andy
04-06-2008, 13:30
Quote Originally Posted by jester
listen andy i know what a server problem is and there has been many problems with ovh there servers and service or rubbish..i left my old company who i never once had a problem with to go for the slightly cheaper ovh and its been the most stressfull time of my life

as for you , i know you cant help sir so you just keep sticking up for ovh as normal andrew..
Well you seem to be the only person having the issue and complaining about it. I have had my server over 6 months now, I have an uptime of 82 days. I have never had a problem with the server that wasn't caused by something I have done to it.

I am not sticking up for OVH at all. I don't know where people get this from. I am simply stating that OVH do not provide cheap equipment. If they did, they wouldn't be Frances biggest Dedicated Server host would they? Think about it before you speak.

jester
04-06-2008, 13:27
listen andy i know what a server problem is and there has been many problems with ovh there servers and service or rubbish..i left my old company who i never once had a problem with to go for the slightly cheaper ovh and its been the most stressfull time of my life

as for you , i know you cant help sir so you just keep sticking up for ovh as normal andrew..

Andy
04-06-2008, 13:23
Quote Originally Posted by jester
nonsense andrew ive seen posts deleted mentioning the same problem
Posts are never deleted on the forum unless they are offensive. You will find any post people have complained about something still exist on the forum. OVH believe in free speech and they want people to know about their experiences with the company. They don't remove traces of everything bad against them.

jester
04-06-2008, 13:21
nonsense andrew ive seen posts deleted mentioning the same problem

Andy
04-06-2008, 13:18
You appear to be the only person experiencing this problem on such a huge scale. Is it possible its something you have installed on the server causing this issue?

jester
04-06-2008, 13:14
seems to me ovh or putting poor quality servers out the door aswell as fluxating speeds

i have 2 servers with them both fooked but keep restarting but crashing unplanned stop error

phone ovh million and one time with no outcome we will fix this admin that tech this what a load of garbage

saying its the ram motherboard and every excuse in the world

may i just say xxl kimi range is the worst server in the world

and just let some ***** try to say you need this thats the problem as im not having it

poor service poor server poor company with no morals except to take your cash and run

its ok saying we will give you compensation days back getting day back is not going to solve the dodgy servers you supply your customers with i feel ripped of my ovh and its very very poor standards

any more people still having this problem?