OVH Community, your new community space.

Kimsufi 250G now 14.99 and a new i7

Myatu
02-06-2010, 22:11
Quote Originally Posted by Razakel
Anyone know exactly how an Atom measures up to a Celeron? Am I right in thinking the Celeron is significantly better?
Have a look here:

http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu_look...eron+D+3.20GHz

The Atom Z550 isn't that far behind it, and at a lower clock.

This would be a great box to make a cheap router/firewall instead of the Cisco AS5x... If only it had a 1 Gbit option

Razakel
02-06-2010, 21:08
Quote Originally Posted by oles@ovh.net
For 14.99 / month, you now have a dedicated server with Celeron / Atom, 2GB RAM and 250GB SATA2. The bandwidth is 100Mbps.
Anyone know exactly how an Atom measures up to a Celeron? Am I right in thinking the Celeron is significantly better?

Rilly
02-06-2010, 18:29
Paying 1 year in advance is under $200 Euro for the 15 euro Kimsufi's... so.. is paying 200euro to save 50 euro worth it? I would think so.. maybe thats the point - trying to promote more to pay a year in advance.

ig0r
02-06-2010, 17:22
I know everyone always whines about setupfees - normally Im neutral about them though. I really did consider one of these offered 14.99 kimis as a minor mysql server, but I really cant justify the setup on this. Yes windows for 2.99 is a huge draw - but it just doesnt overrule the fact that initial costs will == 75 (15+50) for a minor project that will most likely end up running just as well on a *nix 15 vps with no setup fees from other companys . Such a shame imo as it would have been nice for me to had my minor project sql server @ ovh. 1 less sale for OVH - but Im sure hundreds of others will still find it a good deal so its no great loss to OVH. (and no I wont use an ovh vps - again down to the laughable 50 setup fee...50 on a 10 or 15 vps is insane - especially when coupled with the fact almost ALL vps companys have free setups...I really have no clue how OVH manage to sell vps's due to setup fee :S )

RapidSpeeds
02-06-2010, 10:59
OVH are cheap enough without discounts tbh... I complain as I would obviously rather make more money, and I hate the setup fee... but you get alot of bang for your buck.

If he is that bothered, it would be more cost effective in the long run for him to purchase his own equipment and colo in a OVH DC then

However, with that being said, we spend alot more than 10k pcm and don't get any discount - they don't really need to, they are always gonna be one of the biggest and they know that.

zydron
02-06-2010, 09:14
I know someone who claims to be in the top10 biggest clients of OVH (top 1 by OVH NL).
#think about 10.000 euro per month

And even he don't get discount, in The Netherlands it is normal that you get discount with large quantities.

Winit
01-06-2010, 21:34
Quote Originally Posted by unclebob
I'm pretty sure the price drop was in response to Dedibox lowering their pricing, which is still cheaper given the exchange rate and setup fee.
Mmm. 1Gb/s 'Unlimited' for 14.99 euro per month. I think not. :P

Quote Originally Posted by MicroChip123
Why is there not a discounted setup fee for good customers i have spent over 500 with ovh?
500 is peanuts.

It's expensive to provide the hardware upfront without an initial investment. Not to mention the people reselling servers to torrenters who only keep the server for one month.

MicroChip123
01-06-2010, 21:26
Shame about setup if i cancelled my C-05G and got this i would have to have this server for 10 months to save any money.

Why is there not a discounted setup fee for good customers i have spent over 500 with ovh?

Also if servers can be transferred between nic's and in the coming months and someone is going to be letting one of these expire contact me.

RapidSpeeds
01-06-2010, 20:55
Dedibox only sell to FR customers though, so wouldn't affect us?

maybe it was leaseweb as they wiped all setup fees?

unclebob
01-06-2010, 20:45
Quote Originally Posted by Winit
Some of you have seriously unrealistic expectations.

50 setup fee on a 14.99 server is NOTHING!

Be sure to let me know if you find a better deal elsewhere
I'm pretty sure the price drop was in response to Dedibox lowering their pricing, which is still cheaper given the exchange rate and setup fee.

Winit
01-06-2010, 20:25
Some of you have seriously unrealistic expectations.

50 setup fee on a 14.99 server is NOTHING!

Be sure to let me know if you find a better deal elsewhere

RapidSpeeds
01-06-2010, 20:07
5 off, but only half the hdd space?

The windows option is good, but that just creates more newbs with dedi servers.

What a joke...thank god I still have about 130+ of the old c05gs.

Tz-OVH
01-06-2010, 19:45
oles...thats value right there.

Excellent offer! If only you could drop the setup fee for the first month of the offer...

sb4100
01-06-2010, 18:45
Quote Originally Posted by tallen
Setup fees are still here, 49.99 for any duration under 1 year.
oh yeah just noticed that.

ExW
01-06-2010, 18:34
Yeah.. would be awesome if the setup fee for the cheapest one was reduced at least

tallen
01-06-2010, 18:15
Quote Originally Posted by sb4100
interesting post, all set up fees are now free on all.

does this mean that the current customers will get this discount aswell, when they renew.
is this a limited offer.
Setup fees are still here, 49.99 for any duration under 1 year.

sb4100
01-06-2010, 17:50
interesting post, all set up fees are now free on all.

does this mean that the current customers will get this discount aswell, when they renew.
is this a limited offer.

tallen
01-06-2010, 15:21
Shame about the setup fees, . I also happened to extend a C-05G for a year about a week ago. Should have waited :P

Without setup fees these servers would get so much more attention! , it's all automated and done in less than an hour anyway, it's not like you've got anything to setup?

NickW
01-06-2010, 14:56
Basically a C-05G with smaller hard drive right? Shame about setup fees these days.

jonlewi5
01-06-2010, 13:45
Hello
The offer Kimsufi "series KS" evolves at
entry level and upscale.

For 14.99Euro HT / month, you now have a dedicated server
with Celeron / Atom, 2GB RAM and 250GB SATA2.
The bandwidth is 100Mbps. You have a backup included
in the price of 100GB, the ip failover and load balancing ip
and if that is not enough opportunity to take the RIPE IP ...
The license Windows Server 2008 R2, Web Edition on this server
there costs only 2.99Euro HT / month ...

For 99.99Euro HT / month, you now have an Intel Nehalem
8x2.66GHz with 12GB of RAM and disk you 2x2To
can implement RAID-0 or RAID-1. The server has a connection
of 1Gbps. Of course you have the backup of 100GB free,
PIs FP / LB / RIPE and the possibility of integrating the
Kimsufi 4T in your virtual bay ...

The installation fee of 49Euro plus VAT.

In case of hardware failure, you enjoy the service
Monitoring & Response trigger automatic
respecting contractual SLA 24/24.

These two deals offer the best value for money market.

The servers are available to order and delivered in
less than 1 hour. They are available in all our subsidiaries
Europe.

Sincerely
Octave

//chrome translation...

Well, they are a bargain.....but theres that damn setup fee

oles@ovh.net
01-06-2010, 13:06
Hello

The offer Kimsufi "KS Series" evolves at entry level and upscale.

For 14.99 / month, you now have a dedicated server with Celeron / Atom, 2GB RAM and 250GB SATA2. The bandwidth is 100Mbps. You have a backup included
in the price of 100GB, the ip failover and load balancing ip and if it is not enough opportunity to take the RIPE IP ...
The license for Windows Server 2008 R2, Web Edition on this server there costs only 2.99 / month ...

For 99.99 / month (on Kimsufi.com), you now have an Intel Nehalem 8x2.66GHz with 12GB of RAM and disk you 2x2TB that can be RAID-0 or RAID-1. The server has a connection of 1Gbps. Of course you have the backup of 100GB free, Plus FailOver, Load Balancing and RIPE and the possibility of integrating the Kimsufi 4T in your virtual rack ...

The installation fee of 49.99 plus VAT.

In case of hardware failure, you enjoy the service Monitoring & Response trigger automatic respecting contractual SLA 24/7.

These two deals offer the best value for money market.

The servers are available to order and delivered in less than 1 hour. They are available in all our subsidiaries Europe.

Regards
Octave