OVH Community, your new community space.

Cloud Computing open

zydron
07-06-2010, 12:02
ok, will wait for it, until then, my sites don't have a huge amount of visitors, so 1 server per site is ok.

fozl
07-06-2010, 10:22
Quote Originally Posted by zydron
is there allready something known about loadbalancing, or static hostname to use CNAME
I know that it will be included, along with "auto-grow"... no eta to give you at this point.

zydron
04-06-2010, 19:20
What I think

2 hours cloud
and 1 startup

if there is a posability to get loadbalancing out of the box (without the use of a cloud server is prefered), I'm going to buy points for it.
I have allready changed my DNS zones, so that I have 1 catchall dns, what needs to get an update.

unclebob
04-06-2010, 16:48
Hmmm... Started a 256mb instance today for 1 hour 47 mins and was charged 3 points.

Can an OVH staff member clarify how usage is calculated please?

Myatu
03-06-2010, 23:07
It seems to be slow to update (yesterday I used 0 points, today I used 2 points even though for today no instance was running). But from that, I gather that each time you start an instance - whether it's an hour or not - it takes 1 point (though it wouldn't account for the extra point in your case if you started only twice).

unclebob
03-06-2010, 21:51
Is anyone else seeing slightly inaccurate point calculations? I started one 256mb instance then stopped and removed it after less than 60 mins, and my usage (correctly) showed 1 point. I then started a new 256mb instance, used it for less than an hour and then stopped and removed it, just like before. My monthly point consumption now shows 3 points.

Is this a bug, or are extra points charged for using resources like bandwidth, etc?

zydron
03-06-2010, 18:06
is there allready something known about loadbalancing, or static hostname to use CNAME

Neil
03-06-2010, 17:26
Quote Originally Posted by Myatu
Would be nice to have a static IP option with rDNS, but I can live with this.

Also, how about the PDF file for the cloud T&Cs? I've read the English text during the order process (and in my Contracts section) but the PDF link is broken / not there.

Oh, before I forget. It also setup Direct Debit during the order. Is this only applicable to the points when they're depleted or does this also count for other services now? (ie, like server renewal).
The PDF will be fixed we are aware they have not been published in PDF's when they are they will be added here, https://www.ovh.co.uk/customerspace/termsofservice/

The points are the same, so you can mix match, so if you renew enough domains you could keep a miniCloud running!

Myatu
03-06-2010, 16:53
Would be nice to have a static IP option with rDNS, but I can live with this.

Also, how about the PDF file for the cloud T&Cs? I've read the English text during the order process (and in my Contracts section) but the PDF link is broken / not there.

Oh, before I forget. It also setup Direct Debit during the order. Is this only applicable to the points when they're depleted or does this also count for other services now? (ie, like server renewal).

fozl
03-06-2010, 13:22
Quote Originally Posted by zydron
I have just purchased my 0 points order for the cloud.

What I see the system is better than it was first, I have only 1 question.

Is it possible to get some sort of loadbalancing (like the other kimsufi servers have)
or must we install it on 1 cloud server?
No word on this yet, I'm looking into it and will have to get back to you.

tallen
03-06-2010, 13:18
Quote Originally Posted by Neil
Because the € is unstable at the moment just like was last year. The decision was taken a long time ago to generally and simply do = €.
Is there no way we could pay in Euros then? I mean usually the payment is automatically converted to euros when you send a payment to a company which only accepts euros? Why can't everything just be priced in Euros rather than pounds.

RapidSpeeds
03-06-2010, 12:48
Quote Originally Posted by Myatu
Great timing, RapidSpeeds
likewise

Quote Originally Posted by tallen
It's bad enough that France has much better Weather and more attractive women than the UK. Now they get cheaper servers too?
The weather part of course, but I like my women as smooth as a seal if you get what I mean

Neil
03-06-2010, 12:45
Quote Originally Posted by tallen
Yay finally something we can use our loyalty points for!
Although, is it really fair that at OVH.com you pay 0.01 Euros per point and in the UK you pay 0.01 per point.

It's bad enough that France has much better Weather and more attractive women than the UK. Now they get cheaper servers too?
Because the is unstable at the moment just like was last year. The decision was taken a long time ago to generally and simply do = .

tallen
03-06-2010, 12:11
Yay finally something we can use our loyalty points for!
Although, is it really fair that at OVH.com you pay 0.01 Euros per point and in the UK you pay 0.01 per point.

zydron
02-06-2010, 23:59
I have just purchased my 0 points order for the cloud.

What I see the system is better than it was first, I have only 1 question.

Is it possible to get some sort of loadbalancing (like the other kimsufi servers have)
or must we install it on 1 cloud server?

Myatu
02-06-2010, 21:11
Another thing for customers: The "points" mentioned are your loyalty points. So if you have a few generated from previous orders (like your dedicated server, domain names), you should already be able to start (you can select 0 points during the order process).

Myatu
02-06-2010, 20:47
Great timing, RapidSpeeds

PS: Heads up to OVH UK team - the link to the PDF version of the Cloud T&Cs is broken. I'd like to have a PDF copy, please!

Myatu
02-06-2010, 20:46
Machine Translation & link to UK site:

Hello,

This week, we launched Cloud Computing.

Since today, it is available in all the subsidiary companies (the ends of sites are still in translation, as the videos… that will be fixed).

To test until the end the invoicing with alarms on the thresholds of many points which it remains in the manager, we have needs for customers who… have few points and finally use all their points. Except that currently, with a refill of minimum 1000 points and an invoicing from only 1 point per hour… one has some for more than 1 month before the account is empty… and still… It is expensive enough Cloud…

In short, all that to say that you can validate the contract of Cloud Computing without making of research and directly using the points which you already have (thanks to fidelity towards Ovh…).

This will help us to finalize these ends of codes which must function perfectly well and without any bug.

Thank you for your tests.

More:
http://www.kimsufi.co.uk/cloud

Kind Regards,
Octave

RapidSpeeds
02-06-2010, 20:45
Hello
This week, we launched the Cloud Computing.
Since today is available in all
subsidiaries (the ends of sites are still
translation, as the videos ... it will be fixed).

To test to the end with the billing
alerts on threshold number of points
remains in the manager, we need customers
who ... have little overlap and finally use
all their points. Except that at present, with
charging a minimum of 1000 points and a billing
only 1 point per hour ... one has to
more than one month before the account is empty ...
and again ... This is not quite expensive Cloud ...

In short, all that to say that you can validate the
Cloud Computing contract without research
and directly use the points you
already (thanks to the loyalty Ovh ...).

This will help to finalize these bits of code
which must function perfectly well without
no bugs.

Thank you for your tests.

More:
http://www.kimsufi.com/cloud

/google translate

oles@ovh.net
02-06-2010, 19:58
Hello,

This week, we launched Cloud Computing. Since today it is available in all subsidiaries (the end of sites are still in translation, like the videos ... it will be fixed).

To test until after billing for alerts on the limits of number of points that remain in the manager, we need customers who ... have little points and are finally using all their points. Except that at present, with a minimum recharge of 1000 points and a turnover of only 1 point per hour ... we have more than one month before the account is empty ... and again ... This is not quite expensive Cloud ...

In short, you can validate the Cloud Computing contract without research and directly use the points you already have (thanks to the OVH loyalty ...).

This will help to finalise these bits of code that must run smoothly and without any bugs.

Thanks for your tests.

For more information:

More:
http://www.kimsufi.co.uk/cloud

Regards
Octave