OVH Community, your new community space.

About the cloud

zydron
06-06-2010, 20:04
http://mc-178-32-119-90.ovh.net/ << here is shown how you can connect

I've done it in 1 minute after install.
for the first time, couldn't connect in the gamma phase.

Myatu
06-06-2010, 16:16
Why are you having trouble? Perhaps we can help...

Thelen
06-06-2010, 07:50
Though I've already wasted 9 points trying to work out how to connect to the damn thing :P

There must be something wrong with my interface, where should I make a ticket? There is nothing in the normal v3 interface for support for it...

makno
04-06-2010, 19:13
i think i'll give it a try, could come usefull for a few tests on how to virtualize more efficiently my dedi

Razakel
04-06-2010, 18:30
Quote Originally Posted by makno
As i keep seing posts about the cloud and a lot is being discussed over it, can someone just briefly explain to me what this is all about?
I know it sounds like a stupid question but i haven't followed the developments of this thing and all i can see is that prices are really attractive
Basically it's just OVH's own line of VPSes, similar to Amazon EC2. It's charged at 1p per hour per 256MB of RAM.

So a 256MB instance costs you £7.20 a month, double that for 512MB, etc, etc. You're billed per hour - it's deducted from your loyalty points - and you can scale memory up/down instantly.

makno
04-06-2010, 18:06
As i keep seing posts about the cloud and a lot is being discussed over it, can someone just briefly explain to me what this is all about?
I know it sounds like a stupid question but i haven't followed the developments of this thing and all i can see is that prices are really attractive