OVH Community, your new community space.

Speeds dropping to zero

IainK
21-06-2010, 16:40
I have been noticing this problem with sustained transfers throughout the OVH network both internally or otherwise.
I was getting elite speeds from 1000Mbit OVH box -> 100Mbit OVH box last night then suddenly it starts dropping down to 4MB/s... Now that's still acceptable but internally it should be able to push more...

BitTorrent traffic I have found that closing the client and re-opening with a different port can be helpful. Not so lucky when it comes to FTP/SCP transfers. I'd be pretty sure a sustained HTTP transfer will be subject to the same.

Can any of the OVH staff clarify why?

Speedy059
20-06-2010, 09:26
This issue is the same for metered servers as well. Our metered server cuts down to near 0 after a pushing 5-8Mbps....

optimus prime
20-06-2010, 08:49
One of my clients have the same problem
Same protocol and suddenly the upload speeds goes up to 100kbps although the download speeds is up to 10-11mbps (it's on a 100mbps kimsufi)

Neil
08-06-2010, 09:29
Hi

Is your client outside our peering network? See http://weathermap.ovh.net/ , if so then we do not guarantee speeds outside on the unmetered series.

antdgar
07-06-2010, 20:11
I have this too. I can confirm that it also affects HTTP protocol.

RapidSeeds
07-06-2010, 19:13
I host LEGAL files using bittorrent. (games videos for a website, if you must know)

I have seen, in the past 4 days, that my speeds are running steadily and then dropping to zero. I don't think the connections are necessarily dropped, because the client displays the same amount of open connections.

Simply, the speed drops to zero. After a few seconds, the speeds rise up to "normal" levels again.
This pattern continues roughly every 10 minutes.

This problem was not taking place for the last year. It has only just started to occur.
Is this an issue with my server or is it a network issue? Any support for this please?

I use an unmetered, sp09-mini.