OVH Community, your new community space.

Oles was once a beginner.

LawsHosting
11-09-2010, 12:50
In all seriousness, Octave has done well - although I never heard of OVH until someone recommended them to me (and I've never regret the change) - he was just a nobody, like most of us are/were/etc, then I guess worked his butt off to get were he is now, with a few (thousand) Francs.

I guess we all could follow in his footsteps one day, although I'm near the wrong side of 40! (boo hoo), if we put our mind to it.

LawsHosting
11-09-2010, 12:34
Quote Originally Posted by RapidSpeeds
How I go from Michael Windsor to the Goonies though, that will be a challenge
You mean Michael "Robert" Winner surely!

Winit
10-09-2010, 22:34
Fail site. Fail VPS. Fail staff. Total fail.

BigMAC
10-09-2010, 19:51
Quote Originally Posted by Euan
Reaks of template to me personally
http://rapidspeeds.com/

http://www.templatemonster.com/websi...tes/25386.html

Euan
27-06-2010, 21:11
Reaks of template to me personally, no SEO, couple of pages look a bit wonky (at least in Chrome), and the forum skin is pretty plain and not following the design of the site.

I own a web design / management company in case your interested in something a little more unique!

Winit
26-06-2010, 11:08
You obviously have a terrible life mate, and feel the need to try bring people down to your level; never once seen you actually post anything positive towards another member on these forums..
You only have yourself to blame "mate".

freshwire
26-06-2010, 04:30
However, very true. So much whining and bítching on this forum as of recent, myself included
Yeah ever since that dude monkey56657 stopped being active. His coolness totally gave the place a chilled out feel

RapidSpeeds
25-06-2010, 20:20
lmfao @ all these pics btw, they are hilarious if you just look at one after the other.

I am going to try make a story to link them all together, now that will be fun

How I go from Michael Windsor to the Goonies though, that will be a challenge

RapidSpeeds
25-06-2010, 20:15
Quote Originally Posted by Winit
He is immature. You only need to look at his forum posts to realise that much.

The new site is ok. A little amateurish. The colour scheme sucks.
You obviously have a terrible life mate, and feel the need to try bring people down to your level; never once seen you actually post anything positive towards another member on these forums..

As for the colour scheme, can't please everyone

Winit
25-06-2010, 20:05
Quote Originally Posted by rickyday
You're not doing yourself any favours with comments like that, you just make yourself look a bit silly and immature.
He is immature. You only need to look at his forum posts to realise that much.

The new site is ok. A little amateurish. The colour scheme sucks.

rickyday
25-06-2010, 19:54
Worzel Gummidge!!

Myatu
25-06-2010, 19:17
Goonies!!!!!!!!!!

jonlewi5
25-06-2010, 18:59
Quote Originally Posted by rickyday

Jonlewi5 not quite as good as Fozles pic tho
i know im trying haha

rickyday
25-06-2010, 18:58
The site looks much better RapidSpeeds

Jonlewi5 not quite as good as Fozles pic tho

jonlewi5
25-06-2010, 18:47
Calm down dear

rickyday
25-06-2010, 18:42
I'm a programmer, not a scripter moron.

Like I'm going to take offense from a windows fan.
You're not doing yourself any favours with comments like that, you just make yourself look a bit silly and immature.

I look forward to your new website tho

RapidSpeeds
25-06-2010, 14:38
Quote Originally Posted by fozl
Perhaps... but Off topic should be a fun place where people are free to roam and be whimsical. As long as we all act like these guys...

there should be no reason to close the thread.
Heh, and the magical word for $1000 is 'gentlemen'

However, very true. So much whining and bítching on this forum as of recent, myself included

RapidSpeeds
25-06-2010, 14:35
Quote Originally Posted by marks
the design is definitely far better, though it needs some time to work and test all the links (e.g: when you go to the forum section, the "why us? " link doesn't work :P

don't get me wrong, I think the page is cool.
Yes Marc, was thought it would be more beneficial to wrap the Forums and whmcs into the actual site itself, rather than having them as separate, dull looking pages - currently being sorted as we speak - should be perfect by tommorow, as we have another few 'tweaks' that need to be completed as well.

Although thank you very much for your positive feedback, coming from someone I have spent a whole lot of time dealing with, and helping me with issues, I without a doubt respect your opinion, so it's it's very much appreciated.. Just a shame about the situation we find ourselves in just now, although no fault of your own, I know if it were up to you it would be resolved by now

jonlewi5
25-06-2010, 12:56
Perhaps... but Off topic should be a fun place where people are free to roam and be whimsical. As long as we all act like these guys...

It was just the childish bickering

*goes off looking for witty image to reply with......*

fozl
25-06-2010, 11:55
Quote Originally Posted by jonlewi5
Me thinks this thread has run its course.......

marks
25-06-2010, 11:26
the design is definitely far better, though it needs some time to work and test all the links (e.g: when you go to the forum section, the "why us? " link doesn't work :P

don't get me wrong, I think the page is cool.

RapidSpeeds
25-06-2010, 06:08
Quote Originally Posted by zydron
I have looked at your site, and it is indeed better, gratz!
Thanks bud, glad you like it

zydron
24-06-2010, 23:44
Thank you very much zydron & Iray, I really appreciate it guys

+1 Iray

I have looked at your site, and it is indeed better, gratz!

freshwire
14-06-2010, 04:02
There is no need to lower the tone! The twelve forum posts that you have amassed must make you a good judge of character.
But he might be playing tricks I for example have racked up a total of 1168 forum posts (but not all under the same username). Time has passed just so quickly

Yeah we should start a new thread about boobies or bananas *hopes*

Nah, listen to all three of these together....
Are you by any chance on reddit Razakel sir ?

jonlewi5
13-06-2010, 14:25

Winit
13-06-2010, 10:25
Quote Originally Posted by Razakel
I'm not too sure what's going on there, actually. A quick look shows about a dozen companies registered to that address, all formed within the past few months and all with incredibly vague descriptions as to what they actually do...
It is a way of making something look more legitimate than it actually is.

Quote Originally Posted by Thelen
How on earth you got from the initial post he made to insulting him his website his partner his business(es) and everything in general is truly amazing.
There is no need to lower the tone! The twelve forum posts that you have amassed must make you a good judge of character.

RapidSpeeds
13-06-2010, 10:21
Well, it's just a registered office address you can use when you register your company (www.companyformations247.co.uk - silver pack) and any official mail sent there gets forwarded to your chosen address - Nothing special.

As much as I don't mind my home address being linked to the business, if I have the option to do such a thing so it isn't, I will - I'm sure anyone of you would do the same.

As I said earlier, I'm not here to argue with anyone. You can troll my threads all you like, but if that's how you fill your day, I stand by hug statement

Thelen
13-06-2010, 10:15
Winit you are an *****. Worse, you are a moronic *****.

How on earth you got from the initial post he made to insulting him his website his partner his business(es) and everything in general is truly amazing.

@Craig, Where have you been getting details from in terms of the OVH Colo

Iray
13-06-2010, 08:41
omg thats an awesome experience.... either that or im having my period

a couple of unbelievable forum posts.

Razakel
13-06-2010, 01:04
Quote Originally Posted by freshwire
I suggest that we all just relax to the soothing sound of rainymood.com and forget this all ever happened
Nah, listen to all three of these together:

http://www.endlessyoutube.com/watch?v=AYw7eJYadco
http://www.endlessyoutube.com/watch?v=DIx3aMRDUL4
http://www.endlessyoutube.com/watch?v=HMnrl0tmd3k

(Might need to adjust volume)

freshwire
13-06-2010, 00:35
Think you need a hug bud, life's not so bad.
Oh man I wish I could be so lucky as to get a hug

Nice. He has played the sympathy card because he didn't have a decent come back. You both fell hook, line and sinker!
I fall for no tricks If you must know.. I thought you (Winit) were being overly rude and having some sort of unexplained anger way before the latest round of messages.

I suggest that we all just relax to the soothing sound of rainymood.com and forget this all ever happened

Razakel
12-06-2010, 23:47
a residential trading address
I'm not too sure what's going on there, actually. A quick look shows about a dozen companies registered to that address, all formed within the past few months and all with incredibly vague descriptions as to what they actually do...

Either he's using a virtual office service that've exaggerated their size somewhat or him and his business partner have fingers in a lot of pies. :P

Myatu
12-06-2010, 23:45

Winit
12-06-2010, 23:30
Quote Originally Posted by Razakel
What point are you trying to make by that?
I troll his threads like he trolls certain posts with tosh and comes out with amusing comments like:

Anyway, his arrogance will be his downfall. This thread is just an example. At the moment all he has is his amateurish website, a residential trading address and a couple of unbelievable forum posts.

RapidSpeeds
12-06-2010, 22:56
Nice. He has played the sympathy card because he didn't have a decent come back. You both fell hook, line and sinker!

Troll on brother.

RapidSpeeds is like a mixture of a 16 year old with immature online humour and an Oles wannabe.

Razakel
12-06-2010, 22:06
RapidSpeeds is like a mixture of a 16 year old with immature online humour and an Oles wannabe.
What point are you trying to make by that?

Yes, there's a chance he's young. He's an active member of this forum, obviously very passionate about technology and what he's doing, and has built and is running a fairly successful small business - and I'll have to keep an eye on him when I launch . Surely that's worthy of some respect.

There was really no call for the tone you seem to be using.

anyway, back ontopic

everybody must start somewhere, and if you don't know how you must do it, you need to find help for a solution.

for Octave it was the mailing lists.
We know Oles likes his mailing lists

zydron
12-06-2010, 20:44
anyway, back ontopic

everybody must start somewhere, and if you don't know how you must do it, you need to find help for a solution.

for Octave it was the mailing lists.

Winit
12-06-2010, 20:06

Troll on brother.

RapidSpeeds
12-06-2010, 19:39
Thank you very much zydron & Iray, I really appreciate it guys

+1 Iray

Iray
12-06-2010, 19:29
That's Ok... Wait till next week, when my business partner launches our new site - it has been ready for a few weeks, but as we are about to launch our colocation project in OVH DC1, we thought we would keep it until then, as we won't be launching our server range until the end of July; Unmetered bandwidth, no setup fee servers & prices to rival OVH... We thought it would be great to launch it all together, but obviously I'm more hurt than offended with these comments.. not once have I ever spoken to anyone with any disrespect on these forums.. All I have done is be an active member, and contribute to the community as much as I could.
I can testify the same.. You're a great member.... don't know why others have grudges or anything against you.

I can't same the same about me though... always looking for cheap deals/ways of getting servers on here - bah, I wouldnt care what XYZ member says, since they have no credibility on here anyway.

PS: If anyone has an expiring server......they don't want.... let me know.... can't believe i just did that again. .... * Mr krabs laugh *

zydron
12-06-2010, 19:24
Ok I will remove my comment on you.

I'll look forward to see your new site.

RapidSpeeds
12-06-2010, 18:47
That's Ok... Wait till next week, when my business partner launches our new site - it has been ready for a few weeks, but as we are about to launch our colocation project in OVH DC1, we thought we would keep it until then, as we won't be launching our server range until the end of July; Unmetered bandwidth, no setup fee servers & prices to rival OVH... We thought it would be great to launch it all together, but obviously I'm more hurt than offended with these comments.. not once have I ever spoken to anyone with any disrespect on these forums.. All I have done is be an active member, and contribute to the community as much as I could.

Now, I'm not stupid, I know it's simplistic, and isn't exactly pretty - we could have just bought a template like everyone else seems to do, but at least it was made from scratch - as I said, I never professed to be a scripter, and I tried my best but thanks for putting my efforts down when all I did was try show you another side to the owner of OVH.

Regardless of what's happened, nice to know there is some people on here not on a personal vendetta, like Andy, Myatu, freshwire, Razakel, etc (sorry for anyone else I may have missed out).. I respect you guys, as you treat other members with the same respect you expect yourselves.

Razakel
12-06-2010, 18:06
Winit sure has a point, your site is not very beautifull.
And what you are programmer or scripter is NOT an excuse to run an ugly site.
There are sites that look way worse than his. :P

It's not the prettiest, no, but it's a simple, clean style that works perfectly well. Though the drop-down menu is buggy.

freshwire
12-06-2010, 17:45
Guys! Please don't fight otherwise you will force me to cry and make you feel super guilty

zydron
12-06-2010, 17:44
Winit sure has a point, your site is not very beautifull.

AND DON'T FORGET:
anybody must start at some point.
That meens for you, for Winit, for Octave, and ofcourse for me.

what do you if you run into some problems?

RapidSpeeds
12-06-2010, 13:29
I don't care what you are. You shouldn't start such a topic if you're advertising a piece of junk far worse.

How am I a Windows fan? Windows doesn't come in to it.
I'm not here to argue Winit - Enjoy your weekend

Winit
12-06-2010, 13:09

I don't care what you are. You shouldn't start such a topic if you're advertising a piece of junk far worse.

How am I a Windows fan? Windows doesn't come in to it.

RapidSpeeds
12-06-2010, 11:16
Sure you did, along with how to design a decent website. I'm sure I'll be saying the same thing about your website in ten years time when you actually produce (pay someone else to create) a decent site.

Winit
12-06-2010, 11:13
I agree, not exactly 'newbie' questions - but nonetheless, beginner questions to me and some other forum members, as I learned those sorts of things a decade ago
Sure you did, along with how to design a decent website. I'm sure I'll be saying the same thing about your website in ten years time when you actually produce (pay someone else to create) a decent site.

RapidSpeeds
12-06-2010, 00:26
I wasn't disputing that fact.. I was just sharing what I found

zydron
12-06-2010, 00:13
Well those questions started a decade ago too... (ended 8 years ago though)

RapidSpeeds
11-06-2010, 22:47
Archeolostalking the boss eh, you shall have to be kept an eye on.
*hides*

Hardly a beginner.
I agree, not exactly 'newbie' questions - but nonetheless, beginner questions to me and some other forum members, as I learned those sorts of things a decade ago

Winit
11-06-2010, 20:32
Hardly a beginner.

fozl
10-06-2010, 15:03
Archeolostalking the boss eh, you shall have to be kept an eye on.

zydron
10-06-2010, 13:45
looks like he used a translator...

RapidSpeeds
10-06-2010, 09:55
Whenever I am bored, and there is no work to be done - I always try to learn new things..

In my efforts, I managed to find something I thought was quite interesting, which validates my point that even the smartest of cookies sometimes need guidance and a little help.

Several questions asked by Oles/Octave in 99/00

Thought one or two of you might find this interesting