OVH Community, your new community space.

windows Server 2008 R2 own key

RapidSpeeds
25-01-2011, 12:05
You should have just bought yourself a Kimsufi C250-G.

Could have saved yourself a lot of trouble.

theatheist
23-01-2011, 23:25
If you want a real windows installing, NOT IN A VM, you can go to winstaller.org, they can install it for you on your server as full (With your key) or as a trial so you can try it for 180 days using re-arm trick or later activate yourself.

tux880
23-06-2010, 12:18
cheers for the help guys much appreciated,

jonlewi5
23-06-2010, 11:21
Quote Originally Posted by tux880
i hope so, like i say ubuntu is ok but my knowledge of it is limited im haveing allsorts of problems installing some apps,(vmware,virtualbox) have you guys got the same issues?(installs ok on a ubuntu VM at home)

what do you guys/girls run?
Due to the ovh kernel, you will usually have probs with vmware/virtual box.

I managed to get vmware server 2 installed on a dedicated server by using a guide in the "how-to" section to install stock debian (here: http://forum.ovh.co.uk/showthread.php?t=3011 )

Im not sure how well thatll work in an RPS though

marks
23-06-2010, 10:41
@tux880: to run VM in an RPS is not very recomendable. Virtualization is normally hardware intensive, requires lots of RAM, processing power (Atom processor is not the best and RPS 1 model doesn't support VT instruction set) and it's disk instensive (with the SAN, it's not the best for that).

Isn't it supported to use your own SPLA key?
that's supported for dedicated servers, not for RPSes at the moment (though I'll be asking about the possibility of it)

tux880
23-06-2010, 09:12
i hope so, like i say ubuntu is ok but my knowledge of it is limited im haveing allsorts of problems installing some apps,(vmware,virtualbox) have you guys got the same issues?(installs ok on a ubuntu VM at home)

what do you guys/girls run?

zydron
23-06-2010, 08:27
Isn't it supported to use your own SPLA key?

like Dreamspark

tux880
22-06-2010, 20:21
ah ok, well ubuntu wont install any VM software?.
im ok with running that if i can get it to install. but the ram is a problem, 2.99 even tho is cheap i still have a key (i am a tec student just wont to run projects on) and im more acquainted to windows something i would rather stay with,

any one help?

cheers
e-mail is chrisandsam14@hotmail.com

marks
22-06-2010, 18:07
if you get a license from the OVH manager for RPS1 (2.99/month), then you can use it.

Your own installation is not supported by OVH, and in an RPS will be certainly difficult to do.

tux880
22-06-2010, 14:14
hi

Am chris and new to OVH and Just got a RPS1 >1.6 atom 512 20GB with ubuntu

i have my own key for server 2008 i also have 2003 server is there a way to isntall this my self, looked at the windowsdedicated site but some reason i cannot get mine in to Rescue Pro mode it dosnt seem to be there.

i dont mind paying a fee for it to be installed but also didnt wont to pay for the web edition when i have my own Licence.

thanks for any help

Cheers

*Sorry if this has been said but i cant find anything about it,