OVH Community, your new community space.

VAT just went up

makno
29-06-2010, 00:58

long live politics

RikT
25-06-2010, 18:17
It makes me laugh that a coalition government which none of us actually voted for can enforce such things to me its really stupid the fact that they just get together and have a jolly up and decide they will form a coalition hmmm to me thats not democracy at all

YouWhat
24-06-2010, 19:31
The government should keep the shares/investments in the banks they bailed out, this way they have additional income and would then in theory drop the tax n stuff we have to pay out for their second homes etc.....

Why do get most their bills paid for yet we all struggle through? I think they should be like us, they have their job, so should have to pay their own bills not us paying them for them!

This is where our government is backwards and one the reasons why we have to pay so much tax on everything, its beyond a joke.

RapidSpeeds
24-06-2010, 15:46
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
It will yet again affect me. I already pay £58.74, it will go up to £59.61 with the increase in VAT
Not just you bud - everyone - people might be able to have VAT ID's etc but that ain't going to help when you are in Tesco or buying a new pair of shoes

1/5th of everything you buy will goto the taxman to help the bankers who are already on their plush salaries again

Don't get me wrong, the banks needed to be bailed out, as it would have affected us a lot worse, but instead of the banks being ' partly owned' by taxpayers, we should have all got a share or two to prove it, and when they bounced back, we would have benefited a little too.

Andy
24-06-2010, 15:35
And this is exactly why I didn't vote. Nobody offered anything they had even a remote chance of keeping their promise on.

RapidSpeeds
24-06-2010, 15:35
Would be nice to see them take a decrease in wages, but that would never happen - instead the rich get richer, and the poor get poorer.

This country is a joke these days, and everything Nick Clegg stood for, and the only reason he got votes and was able to form a coalition government in the first place , he has just backtracked on, lied, and sold his soul to the devil himself.

A Referendum is looming...

marks
23-06-2010, 15:17
It will yet again affect me. I already pay £58.74, it will go up to £59.61 with the increase in VAT
87p to pay the NHS and the rest

Andy
23-06-2010, 13:45

Euan
23-06-2010, 00:35
There is a couple good thing for businesses that will certain benefit myself and my company but overall the only thing to really effect me is VAT, but being VAT registered it will only effect my customers who are not VAT registered.

Not a massive blow tbh.

Myatu
22-06-2010, 19:05
So much for "helping" the economy, no?

marks
22-06-2010, 18:05
that's just a bit more than in France! 19.6%

Razakel
22-06-2010, 15:06
"VAT is to rise from 17.5% to 20% in January as George Osborne unveiled the biggest package of tax increases and spending cuts in a generation."

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/politics/10371590.stm