OVH Community, your new community space.

Backup Server

Nuend0
26-06-2010, 21:56
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
Security limitation is also stupid in some respects. You should be able to allow other IP's in the manager for external access. That would be REALLY helpful
agreed + an option to purchase additional GB's would be a MASSIVE feature as tbh 100gb is bugger all these days

Andy
23-06-2010, 13:43
Quote Originally Posted by marks
what's the problem with OVH FTP backup?

Is it bandwidth problem, speed issue, or it's the security limitations?

When it comes to the traffic allowance, yes, the OVH FTP backup traffic doesn't add up.
Marks, all of those are a problem from what I have read the last 6 months.

Bandwidth to them is useless at times, and we're talking 1KB/s for a LOT of people!

Security limitation is also stupid in some respects. You should be able to allow other IP's in the manager for external access. That would be REALLY helpful

marks
23-06-2010, 11:36
what's the problem with OVH FTP backup?

Is it bandwidth problem, speed issue, or it's the security limitations?

When it comes to the traffic allowance, yes, the OVH FTP backup traffic doesn't add up.

jonlewi5
23-06-2010, 11:15
There are the kimsufi FS servers which are basicly designed for this, if thats any help.

yonatan
23-06-2010, 02:22
Dedicated Storage box would do the job.

there is an option for professional usage + USB disk if you want to keep your own server.

olliegooch
23-06-2010, 01:24
Hi All,

Due to the general uselessness of the OVH FTP backups, ive been renting an old spec (500gb drive) C-250G for a few months now.

I chose to do this primerily because bandwidth is unlimited OVH to OVH.

I have now outgrown the 500gb of backup space and am looking for an upgraded server disk wise - Can anyone tell me if the unlimited bandwidth applies to any other links than ovh -> ovh? If so, what other dedi providers would be covered in this unlimited traffic?

(When I say unlimited traffic, I mean that I can put as much data as I want to and frow without it coming out of my 3TB)

How do fellow OVH members deal with server backups? OVH FTP? Dedicated backup box?

Best,

Ollie