OVH Community, your new community space.

EG Best Of Bandwidth! - Please Help

mimi2008
29-06-2010, 23:44
Server came online but then went back offline :'( still stuck on 10mbit

mimi2008
29-06-2010, 23:41
OMG was able to login to the manager and now its back offline lol and cant access it yet again lol so just seems like tonight isnt my night lol

mimi2008
29-06-2010, 23:39
Quote Originally Posted by Myatu
"mii-tool -r" is the same as "ethtool -r", so try that next if you get a chance. What it does is "renegotiate" the speeds with the router. However, if your server needs a hard-reboot (as you seem unable to access it), then this will essentially accomplish the same.

As for the OVH Manager (and I need access too ), it's for this reason: http://status.ovh.co.uk/?do=details&id=241

So it should be up in about 10 mins (France runs an hour ahead), if everything went according to plan.
I know ethtool -r is the same and that doesnt throw an error but when running ethtool eth0 its still showing 10mbit not 1gbit i tried restarting the network, network restarted yet still 10mbit.

I contacted support back ( reply to ticket ) then all of a sudden server goes offline completely!

Now i have access to manager and yet i cant reply to the open ticket, and the manager wont allow me to open a new ticket so basically am screwed for tonight!

Myatu
29-06-2010, 23:25
"mii-tool -r" is the same as "ethtool -r", so try that next if you get a chance. What it does is "renegotiate" the speeds with the router. However, if your server needs a hard-reboot (as you seem unable to access it), then this will essentially accomplish the same.

As for the OVH Manager (and I need access too ), it's for this reason: http://status.ovh.co.uk/?do=details&id=241

So it should be up in about 10 mins (France runs an hour ahead), if everything went according to plan.

mimi2008
29-06-2010, 22:30
I am really really unhappy now,
Got a responce from support telling me to do mii-tool -r
so i do this and then all i get is an error ( not supported )
Now my server is completely offline and also I cant access the manager its showing BUG screen server maintenance!

mimi2008
29-06-2010, 22:29
Quote Originally Posted by Rilly
When the bandwidth is dropped to 10 mbit after exceeding the monthy quota, its a manual intervention required that you must open a ticket to get corrected? Every month? Or is this a different case for some reason?
You shouldnt have to open a ticket at all, it should be done automatically

Rilly
29-06-2010, 22:15
When the bandwidth is dropped to 10 mbit after exceeding the monthy quota, its a manual intervention required that you must open a ticket to get corrected? Every month? Or is this a different case for some reason?

mimi2008
29-06-2010, 12:36
Quote Originally Posted by Andy
You're not the only person with servers from OVH mimi2008
I know this the point I am making is the fact they are quick enough to cap speeds and normally the speed is sorted straight away but to still be capped when it shouldnt be is not on!

Andy
29-06-2010, 12:20
You're not the only person with servers from OVH mimi2008

mimi2008
29-06-2010, 12:06
damn how long doe its take them to change the port speed sorry to moan, but I am paying for a service and am now not getting that!

its only the port that needs to be switched to 1gbps not 10Mbit takes like 10 seconds!

mimi2008
29-06-2010, 11:41
Thanks marks, but its really annoying seeming that its fast enough to limit us if we go over the limit!

marks
29-06-2010, 09:42
Yes, you're right, the limitation should have been removed yesterday.

You have sent an email to the support, but for this, the best is to open a ticket. The limitation will be removed by the engineers in the datacentre, so if you know very well what's the matter, no need to go through the customer support.

In any case, now I've opened the ticket for you (481338). Let's wait for the engineers to remove the limitation.

mimi2008
28-06-2010, 23:44
I am not very happy at all:

Server ns208825.ovh.net

I have just run ethtool eth0 and its set to 10MB/s ( 10Mbit )

Supported ports: [ TP ]
Supported link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
1000baseT/Full
Supports auto-negotiation: Yes
Advertised link modes: 10baseT/Half 10baseT/Full
100baseT/Half 100baseT/Full
1000baseT/Full
Advertised auto-negotiation: Yes
Speed: 10Mb/s
Duplex: Full
Port: Twisted Pair
PHYAD: 2
Transceiver: internal
Auto-negotiation: on
Supports Wake-on: pumbag
Wake-on: g
Current message level: 0x00000001 (1)
Link detected: yes

This should have been changed today as the banwidth was reset or am i incorrect?

Please can someone get this sorted! I have issued support ticket with tech as well as contacted customer services!